Hermen Hulst Master Plan

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why does is matter to me if Sony business is doing well or not if they don't make the game I like anymore?

cameron monaghan ding ding ding GIF by Showtime

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
but him and Jimbo are like the dynamic duo of mediocrity that sycophants like to praise because "oh but revenue figures".
What praise? I've never seen widespread praise about them besides 1 or 2 comments here or there.

Sarah Bond gets more praise for smiling on camera then Jim Ryan ever did.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Something existed before Gamepass and Xcloud - PS Now. Cloud based sub with huge library of games which were added on montly basis ( later added option for native. There is a huge difference. Primary option to play games on Xbox is via subs. Buying games is a 2nd option. On PS ( and Nintendo too) primary way to play games is to buy games, subs are secondary option. Nothing wrong to have GAAS games in portforlio

PS Now used outdated Cloud technology and architeture, which is why they canned it.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Agree, GT7 is the perfect balance a game that isn't chasing trends and actually aspires to be high quality. Even Factions despite wasting ND times still doesn't bother me in theory is the game lives up to it's potential.

Marathon, whatever that Haven game and Firewalk games are called, miss me with all that shit.

Marathon I also don't mind because that's what bungie should be releasing, so I can just ignore it. Now, tying everybody else to Live Service bullshit? Not for me, they can fuck right off.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
PS Now used outdated Cloud technology and architeture, which is why they canned it.
That shit uses PS3 hardware to function in 2023.

Marathon I also don't mind because that's what bungie should be releasing, so I can just ignore it. Now, tying everybody else to Live Service bullshit? Not for me, they can fuck right off.
Yea, whatever, I don't even count them as a proper PlayStation studio, they make multiplataform GaaS that I'm not interested in playing but I never expected more than that. As far as PlayStation players go Bungie was never an answer to Bethesda acquisition and the games that we won't be getting going forward because of that.

Bungie is more like SOE was.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I'm kind of in the same boat as OP but not quite as black pilled yet. Sony basically just doesn't get me excited about anything anymore, I don't like the games they push as the top shelf marquee titles and just patiently wait for them to release things I want. I've always been a playstation gamer so I always like to see them doing well as a company but since getting the PS5 I have personally been very underwhelmed. I expected some surprises yesterday that would inject a little long term hype into the brand for me but nope, nothing on the horizon I care about really except known safe stuff like remasters and new Spider-man.

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
GAAS - not for me, I don't play these games.
PC Ports - not for me, even tho I play on PC I also bought a PlayStation to play those games
Movies/TV Shows - not for me, I already played the games and I rather watch better movies and shows
Services - just makes me want to buy less games and regret games I bought.

Do you know that GT Sport was a full blown GAAS game? You played It?

What wrong with PC ports ( if aren’t broken)? It is additional money. So, additional money for PS business.

Love the TLOU series. One of the best i've watched in recent years. Masterfully played. So, additional money for PS business.

Service is just an another option to play games. Still rather buy games. Even at heavy discount. Bought Serious Sam 4 for 12$, but i know it will appear on PS+.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Do you know that GT Sport was a full blown GAAS game? You played It?

What wrong with PC ports ( if aren’t broken)? It is additional money. So, additional money for PS business.

Love the TLOU series. One of the best i've watched in recent years. Masterfully played. So, additional money for PS business.

Service is just an another option to play games. Still rather buy games. Even at heavy discount. Bought Serious Sam 4 for 12$, but i know it will appear on PS+.
GT Sport was great, I was able to play it single player and have fun with it just like with the previous GT, none of these GaaS games shown or rumored resemble that in any way.

How do PC ports help me as a PlayStation 5 player? By putting more pressure on Sony to make all their games GaaS so they become more successful on PC? By requiring devs to spend time porting their engines and optimizing the mess that are PC ports?

TLoU game is superior in pretty much every way, I could've done without the series, it did nothing for me, just an ok average series, there are plenty of better series on TV and specially on HBO.

I don't like service but I'm also not dumb, I won't pay $70 knowing a game will be added on a service I'm forced to pay to have access to basic features unless the game is so great that I can't wait. I won't buy Spider-man 2 for example, I'll play it when they add it on PS+ if I still have PS5 by then or else I just buy it on PC when I feel like playing another Marvel game.

If my newly acquired buying habits hurts Sony:
spiderman-missed.gif

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Puff

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Easy money. But somehow Icon Era seeing that it is a bad move. :/

Let's consider this:
  • The franchise is developed by a Playstation Studio
  • Playstation gamers pay for the game
  • Xbox gamers get it with a subscription service
If you don't see the problem with the above, I have absolutely no hope for us being able to have an intelligent conversation ever. To clarify: I'm not advocating for the game to be bundled for "free" with PS Plus, but rather for it not to be added to gamepass. The optics of this are pretty when you're invested on their own platform.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Let's consider this:
If you don't see the problem with the above, I have absolutely no hope for us being able to have an intelligent conversation ever. To clarify: I'm not advocating for the game to be bundled for "free" with PS Plus, but rather for it not to be added to gamepass. The optics of this are pretty when you're invested on their own platform.
Lets pretend the guy would not see a problem if Spider-man 2 was being added day one on Gamepass because Disney required.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Let's look at what has being going on since this gentleman took over late 2019:

Firewalk | GaaS (acquired in 2023)
Haven | GaaS - (acquired in 2022)
Savage | Mobile (acquired in 2022)
Bungie | GaaS (acquired in 20202 - releasing games for Xbox)
Bluepoint | Remakes (acquired in 2021)
Firesprite | VR (acquired in 2021)
Fabrik | Support (acquired in 2021)
Housemarque | AA (acquired in 2021)
Nixxes - PC Ports (acquired 2021)
Valkyrie - Support (acquired 2021)

Manchester Studio | closed - 2020
Japan Studio | closed - 2021
Pixelopus | closed - 2023

- MLB day one on Xbox Gamepass every year, full priced on PlayStation
- GT7, HFW and GoW Ragnarok crossgen
- ND working on a remake and a
GaaS
- PC ports of Horizon, Death Stranding, God of War, Spider-man, TLoU, Uncharted, Returnal, Sackboy.
- GaaS games being announced as PS5/PC games
- Invested into Team Bloober's Silent Hill 2 remake.
- Invested in KotOR Remake by Aspyr that is now vaporware.
- Movies / TV Series

Pretty easy to see where his focus is at and it's not on quality or giving PS5 players what they want.

When you lay it out like that, it's clear we need to push as hard as possible to reverse this disaster of a plan... this needs to stop and we need to get things refocused back on AAA story based games.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
When you lay it out like that, it's clear we need to push as hard as possible to reverse this disaster of a plan... this needs to stop and we need to get things refocused back on AAA story based games.
The thing about his plan is that it's bad if it doesn't work and even worse if it succeeds. If they strike gold with their own Fortnite/GTAV online like sucecss it's going to get even worse for high quality AAA single player games.

Right now I'm hoping for somewhat decent hardware from Nintendo so at least we'll keep getting good more traditional games from Japanese devs for that platform.

Reactions: Bryank75

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
PS cant grow if they just focus on the same 100 million gamers every gen. They cant grow delivering the same single player games over and over.

Let the man cook. He is doing a better job than most in his position.

Sony got billions to blow on taking risk, im not worried. Better they go this route now vs leaving they ass wide open for companies like ms, apple, amazon google to swoop down and buy up T2, ABK, EA….. then turn around and tell sony they cant get cod, gta, BF anymore.

Yesterday they dropped the ball, but this is opinion is a over reach.

Last edited:

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
How do PC ports help me as a PlayStation 5 player? By putting more pressure on Sony to make all their games GaaS so they become more successful on PC? By requiring devs to spend time porting their engines and optimizing the mess that are PC ports?

What pressure about making GAAS games? What the hell are you talking about? They already have GAAS games in its portofolio way before Bungie acquisition. PC is just extra money. Better for them

TLoU game is superior in pretty much every way, I could've done without the series, it did nothing for me, just an ok average series, there are plenty of better series on TV and specially on HBO.

Good is it is not for you. But that doesn't mean it is bad if it is not your cup of tea.

I don't like service but I'm also not dumb, I won't pay $70 knowing a game will be added on a service I'm forced to pay to have access to basic features unless the game is so great that I can't wait. I won't buy Spider-man 2 for example, I'll play it when they add it on PS+ if I still have PS5 by then or else I just buy it on PC when I feel like playing another Marvel game.

Bought Returnal twice. Well, it is on service. Bought Ratchet, it is on service. Yes, you know they will come to service, BUT NOT DAY ONE. Bet that GOW Ragnarok will appear on the service sometimes next year.

Let's consider this:

Let's consider this. Sony had two options : keep the licence and make an easy money making game for other platforms or lose everything. MS paid for it. Easy money for Sony too. I'm not guided by any feeling for the console. So what it is on Gamepass. And MLB is a game which is played for months ( and you need to pay sub monthly to play game) basically till next game. Better to buy game and own it. And if i don't like it, will sell it. Buy something else

Last edited: