Hermen Hulst Master Plan

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Let's look at what has being going on since this gentleman took over late 2019:

Firewalk | GaaS (acquired in 2023)
Haven | GaaS - (acquired in 2022)
Savage | Mobile (acquired in 2022)
Bungie | GaaS (acquired in 20202 - releasing games for Xbox)
Bluepoint | Remakes (acquired in 2021)
Firesprite | VR (acquired in 2021)
Fabrik | Support (acquired in 2021)
Housemarque | AA (acquired in 2021)
Nixxes - PC Ports (acquired 2021)
Valkyrie - Support (acquired 2021)

Manchester Studio | closed - 2020
Japan Studio | closed - 2021
Pixelopus | closed - 2023

- MLB day one on Xbox Gamepass every year, full priced on PlayStation
- GT7, HFW and GoW Ragnarok
crossgen
- ND working on a
remake and a GaaS
- Media Molecule spent years working into a game that despite being high quality and well received failed due to Sony's inability to capitalize on it.
- PC ports of Horizon, Death Stranding, God of War, Spider-man, TLoU, Uncharted, Returnal, Sackboy.
- GaaS games being announced as PS5/PC games
- Invested into Team Bloober's Silent Hill 2 remake.
- Invested in KotOR remake by Aspyr that is now vaporware.
- No more Quantic Dreams, FromSoftware or Supermassive exclusives.
- Movies / TV Series
- All Sony games on Steam, no Valve game on PlayStation.

Pretty easy to see where his focus is at and it's not on quality or giving PS5 players what they want.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
All smart moves. Moving Playstation in a good direction. Why do you care that MLB is on gamepass if Sony doesn't?
Because it sucks that they are making content for Xbox players while I don't get what I want from them.

WTF is this thread? PS business has never been better before than it is now. Btw. MLB is also full priced on Xbox despite it is also on Gamepass.
We play games not business, business is also good for MS and yet Xbox sucks.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

- GT7, HFW and GoW Ragnarok crossgen
- ND working on a remake and a
GaaS
- PC ports of Horizon, Death Stranding, God of War, Spider-man, TLoU, Uncharted, Returnal, Sackboy.
- Invested in KotOR Remake by Aspyr that is now vaporware.

Pretty easy to see where his focus is at and it's not on quality or giving PS5 players what they want.

The pipeline dried up and now they have fuck all. Any other person would have been fired, but him and Jimbo are like the dynamic duo of mediocrity that sycophants like to praise because "oh but revenue figures".

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The pipeline dried up and now they have fuck all. Any other person would have been fired, but him and Jimbo are like the dynamic duo of mediocrity that sycophants like to praise because "oh but revenue figures".
I think most of us assumed they had some quality stuff in the oven but now when you factor 5~6 years development cycle you realized that they don't actually have much at all and all their investment were inot PC/GaaS/Mobile since 2020.

We are getting safe iterative sequels and maybe one or two new IP AAA until the end of the gen, there is just no place where these come could even come from.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

- GT7, HFW and GoW Ragnarok crossgen
- ND working on a remake and a
GaaS
- Invested in KotOR Remake by Aspyr that is now vaporware.
- Movies / TV Series

Marathon was probably in development for Xbox as well before PlayStation acquired Bungie, the same thing happend to Deathloop and Ghostwyre.

So their next game is probably going to be their first exclusive.

ICON Era: We love playstation, but we hate everything they do. If you like what they do you're anti-playstation.

The website bashes Xbox all the time, but they forget that Jim Ryan has been adopting the same strategy as Phil Spencer for the brand over the last few years with the PS Plus Catalog, Acquisition and Cloud Gaming.

Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
ICON Era: We love playstation, but we hate everything they do. If you like what they do you're anti-playstation.
We like PlayStation games and PlayStation how it is, we don't want it changed completely to try and appeal to a different audience.

LOVE PlayStation? It's just a console brand and will be judged based on what they deliver us. Fuck them if they don't get us what we bough the console for.

Marathon was probably in development for Xbox as well before PlayStation acquired Bungie, the same thing happend to Deathloop and Ghostwyre.
So was Starfield and many PlayStation games that MS canceled. That's just an excuse, Bungie games are going to release on Xbox.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

This is what's wrong with gaming, and society in general. Loving something, or enjoying something, doesn't mean you have to goggle up everything they release. That kind of mentality is what makes brands get stale and release subpar products because, at the end of the day, people will be defending that shit.

I liked Sony tvs until one of them broke 2 months after warranty and they decided not to repair it. I never bought a Sony tv again, nor will I. Same with OnePlus phones, whose batteries die super quick and they do fuck all about it.

Your logic is deeply flawed when you assume that this forum is filled with people that like to suck corporate cock. Some may like that, but if you're looking for that kind of mentality overall, XboxEra is probably a better place, a place where Phil Spencer says he'll unload a massive cumshot in their fans and they will ask when and where to kneel.

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
Because it sucks that they are making content for Xbox players while I don't get what I want from them.

We play games not business, business is also good for MS and yet Xbox sucks.

If PS business doesn’t function as it should, you would play.... Nothing. When Icon Era knows how to run businesses

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
If PS business doesn’t function as it should, you would play.... Nothing. When Icon Era knows how to run businesses

Game Show Genius GIF by ABC Network

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Love the gut panic reaction. I guess after the gut panic reaction of Redfail, this is appropriate.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is what's wrong with gaming, and society in general. Loving something, or enjoying something, doesn't mean you have to goggle up everything they release. That kind of mentality is what makes brands get stale and release subpar products because, at the end of the day, people will be defending that shit.

I liked Sony tvs until one of them broke 2 months after warranty and they decided not to repair it. I never bought a Sony tv again, nor will I. Same with OnePlus phones, whose batteries die super quick and they do fuck all about it.

Your logic is deeply flawed when you assume that this forum is filled with people that like to suck corporate cock. Some may like that, but if you're looking for that kind of mentality overall, XboxEra is probably a better place, a place where Phil Spencer says he'll unload a massive cumshot in their fans and they will ask when and where to kneel.
GAAS - not for me, I don't play these games.
PC Ports - not for me, even tho I play on PC I also bought a PlayStation to play those games
Movies/TV Shows - not for me, I already played the games and I rather watch better movies and shows
Services - just makes me want to buy less games and regret games I bought.

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023

So their next game is probably going to be their first exclusive.

The website bashes Xbox all the time, but they forget that Jim Ryan has been adopting the same strategy as Phil Spencer for the brand over the last few years with the PS Plus Catalog, Acquisition and Cloud Gaming.

Something existed before Gamepass and Xcloud - PS Now. Cloud based sub with huge library of games which were added on montly basis ( later added option for native. There is a huge difference. Primary option to play games on Xbox is via subs. Buying games is a 2nd option. On PS ( and Nintendo too) primary way to play games is to buy games, subs are secondary option. Nothing wrong to have GAAS games in portforlio

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
GAAS - not for me, I don't play these games.
PC Ports - not for me, even tho I play on PC I also bought a PlayStation to play those games
Movies/TV Shows - not for me, I already played the games and I rather watch better movies and shows
Services - just makes me want to buy less games and regret games I bought.

GaaS depends. If it's something like GT7, I don't mind. Problem is that these are full blown live service games designed for multiplayer (almost) exclusively. PC ports I agree, Movies I don't because they are really just another part of the Sony business as a whole, services I'm undecided.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Let me tell you about the concept of master waiting. Sony isn't the only company that makes games but it's the only company that is responsible for justifying the PS5 existence and maintaining it's appeal.

Why does it matter to me if Sony business is doing well or not if they don't make the games I like anymore?

GaaS depends. If it's something like GT7, I don't mind. Problem is that these are full blown live service games designed for multiplayer (almost) exclusively. PC ports I agree, Movies I don't because they are really just another part of the Sony business as a whole, services I'm undecided.
Agree, GT7 is the perfect balance a game that isn't chasing trends and actually aspires to be high quality. Even Factions despite wasting ND times still doesn't bother me in theory is the game lives up to it's potential.

Marathon, whatever that Haven game and Firewalk games are called, miss me with all that shit.

Last edited: