HiFi Rush debuts at no. 23 on XBL

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter42O

Not sure why people keep saying its a smaller game. it had a 5+ year development cycle

It's an AA title. Small Indie games can take a decade and they're still considered small Indie games. Plus development cycle includes Covid which is at least a year or two of working from home so it's more like a three year development cycle.

That's a fair point WRT the shadow drop and lack of marketing. However, it's just interesting to see the difference considering how well it did on Steam after its debut, at least from what I remember.

I'd pick it up myself if not for Denuvo; still wearing about DRM bloat being installed on my system but maybe I'm just worrying over ultimately nothing. I'll do more research but in the meantime, MS consider bringing the game to GOG :) 👍

It did great on Steam because it was a new release with over 200m registered users on the site. Xbox Series doesn't have 200m users. It only has 20m+ and isn't going to appeal to everyone.

I can't comment on the Denuvo stuff because outside of an older PS3/360 game here and there, I don't play any games on my laptop PC. Don't you have a Series S or something? Why not just play it on the console?

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Looks good but Im not into Rythm games much. Samba De Amigo is the GOAT though

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's an AA title. Small Indie games can take a decade and they're still considered small Indie games. Plus development cycle includes Covid which is at least a year or two of working from home so it's more like a three year development cycle.

It did great on Steam because it was a new release with over 200m registered users on the site. Xbox Series doesn't have 200m users. It only has 20m+ and isn't going to appeal to everyone.

I can't comment on the Denuvo stuff because outside of an older PS3/360 game here and there, I don't play any games on my laptop PC. Don't you have a Series S or something? Why not just play it on the console?
it is not an indie game, never was, not before and not after m$ purchase.

indie means independent developer.

Tango belonged to the Bethesda-Zenimax. and now m$.

P

peter42O

it is not an indie game, never was, not before and not after m$ purchase.

indie means independent developer.

Tango belonged to the Bethesda-Zenimax. and now m$.

I know what Indie means and I wasn't calling Hi Fi an Indie game. Sony had Knack 1 and 2. Would you consider these games AAA? I wouldn't. They're smaller AA titles which is exactly what Hi Fi Rush is.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I know what Indie means and I wasn't calling Hi Fi an Indie game. Sony had Knack 1 and 2. Would you consider these games AAA? I wouldn't. They're smaller AA titles which is exactly what Hi Fi Rush is.
it is not even AA the Knack games. more like A game.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Not sure why people keep saying its a smaller game. it had a 5+ year development cycle

Pitched to Bethesda in 2017 doesn’t mean it began core development in 2017. Either way, you’re trying to spin a $30 title.

Also I’m confused as to how its rank on some XBL chart matters in terms of its quality. It can be a less popular title and still amazing to people. If it’s all about play charts then let’s give it to CoD every year 🤡🤡🤡

Midnight Suns was my 2022 GOTY, I guarantee it didn’t chart amazing.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Pitched to Bethesda in 2017 doesn’t mean it began core development in 2017. Either way, you’re trying to spin a $30 title.

Also I’m confused as to how its rank on some XBL chart matters in terms of its quality. It can be a less popular title and still amazing to people. If it’s all about play charts then let’s give it to CoD every year 🤡🤡🤡

Midnight Suns was my 2022 GOTY, I guarantee it didn’t chart amazing.

Just seems like the discussion around the game isn’t really matching the numbers

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

It's reviewing well both critically and in user ratings, the last game they had to celebrate, Forspoken, bombed hard on both so this is the new most important thing ;)

Also, it's in top 5 most played games on Game Pass on console, hence I wrote:

And the award for the most disingenuous topic of the year goes to ...

-

Just seems like the discussion around the game isn’t really matching the numbers

It's climbing up, the game launched without any marketing or pre-orders, so it doesn't have the automatic day 1 pre-orders.

Everyone is discovering it based on post-launch info and how fantastic it is.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's reviewing well both critically and in user ratings, the last game they had to celebrate, Forspoken, bombed hard on both so this is the new most important thing ;)
Nobody was celebrating Forspoken anywhere. We never had to switch narrative or create fake hype. It was the xbots that were in every thread acting like it was the most important release on PS5. It wasn't...but if you want to compare Forspoken is still in Top 5 best selling game on PS5. Number 4 after Hogwarts, Dead Space and TLOUR.

Where is Hi-Fi Rush on Xbox? Nowhere.

A budget new release can't even beat a 3 years old port.

Screenshot_20230202_172529_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230202_172558_Chrome.jpg
Bayer 04 Football GIF by Bundesliga

GOD OF WAR IS SMOKING HI-FI RUSHED AND FORGOTTEN

Screenshot_20230202_173538_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Top 5 in most played game pass baybay.

1Yt6epE.png
So numbers of players? How did that work out for Halo Infinite 🤣 It's not selling any copies on Xbox.

Jesus H. look at this 2015 game beating both the above big budget marquee games

BkaotdT.png
The difference is GOW and Horizon already sold 20+ millions copies so that's irrelevant.

The hype you see online about Hi-Fi Rushed and Forgotten doesn't match the reality. You better pray they make a Switch or PS port if you want to see that IP again.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
So numbers of players? How did that work out for Halo Infinite 🤣 It's not selling any copies on Xbox.

We both know that wasn't the problem there lol.

New IP, without any previous hype, launching in top 5 most played games on game pass is a massive success.

GG Tango.

The difference is GOW and Horizon already sold 20+ millions copies so that's irrelevant.

Fallout 4 shipped 12m units on day 1, they haven't updated the sales tally in years but I think it's safe to say its also 15~20m or thereabout.

But that doesn't stop it from trouncing the games you mentioned 🤷‍♂️

The hype you see online about Hi-Fi Rushed and Forgotten doesn't match the reality. You better pray they make a Switch or PS port if you want to see that IP again.

I fear for Square Exix, they've had a string of commercial and critical failures over 2022. Hopefully FF16 isn't the next one.

Hi-Fi is safe as a very well received 1P game. If Johannas wants to make one, no reason MS won't greenlight it after it's successful launch.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
And just to clarify. This is NOT number of players. It’s cumulative hours played. So for a short 8 hour action game. Placing anywhere in the top 25 is a huge feat.

Most new releases don’t even chart. Calisto Protocol never broke 40 for instance.

Long time vets like Fallout, skyrim, ass creed and other length 200 + hour single player games hang around. Some seemingly forever.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Again with the Square/Forspoken diversion. Why don't you compare it with Dead Space instead? It came out the same week.

Wait, comparing one console exclusive with another, both of which came out 1 day apart is diversion, but comparing with Dead Space, a multi-platform game that came out a few days later, isn't ?

image.png

That being said, I have a feeling both DS an Hi-Fi Rush will be juuuuuuust fine.

COi8fST.png

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
Status
Not open for further replies.