HiFi Rush debuts at no. 23 on XBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Wait, comparing one console exclusive with another, both of which came out 1 day apart is diversion, but comparing with Dead Space, a multi-platform game that came out a few days later, isn't ?

image.png

That being said, I have a feeling both DS an Hi-Fi Rush will be juuuuuuust fine.
Those are Steam numbers only. Steam vs Steam. Being multiplatform is irrelevant.

New York Knicks L GIF by Sidetalk

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
14wmf9j.png

Two for the price of one

You do know you're not making any point by comparing it with Forspoken? But since you bring it up...here are the PS5 sales in Japan. Their strategy is working nice for Square and Sony.

1. [NSW] Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life – 40,759 / NEW
2. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet – 37,265 / 4,776,300
3. [PS5] Forspoken – 29,055 / NEW
4. [NSW] Fire Emblem Engage – 28,422 / 173,000

Famitsu, Week 4
PS5 62,908
NSW 51,108
SERIES 1,265
PS4 1,061

Hi-fi Rush has nowhere else to go but Steam. Sad.

Fail Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So many excuses for why these mediocre Xbox games fail. I'll give it to some though, they are definitely invested and consistent.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
You do know you're not making any point by comparing it with Forspoken? But since you bring it up...here are the PS5 sales in Japan. Their strategy is working nice for Square and Sony.

1. [NSW] Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life – 40,759 / NEW
2. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet – 37,265 / 4,776,300
3. [PS5] Forspoken – 29,055 / NEW
4. [NSW] Fire Emblem Engage – 28,422 / 173,000

Famitsu, Week 4
PS5 62,908
NSW 51,108
SERIES 1,265
PS4 1,061

Hi-fi Rush has nowhere else to go but Steam. Sad.

Fail Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Only 29K for a brand new Square and Sony AAA game ?
image.png

Disappointing. Jeese I hope FF16 doesn't bomb like this.

Further yet, it's already down to <2K active players on Steam.

And you're trying to spin that as a positive

65we02.gif

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Hi Fi Rush seems good and Xbox sent it out to die with zero marketing

It's clear they had a good game on their hands and didn't even realise it. Such is the case with Xbox first party management

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's not a total disaster, word of mouth could still lift it over time....

But I think these surprise drops are really difficult to pull off and it becomes even more difficult when it's a new IP.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ChorizoPicozo

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Only 29K for a brand new Square and Sony AAA game ?
image.png

Disappointing. Jeese I hope FF16 doesn't bomb like this.

Further yet, it's already down to <2K active players on Steam.

And you're trying to spin that as a positive
More diversion about FF16. Still better than your absent Hi-fi FLUSHED and 1,265 series flopsoles.

Tell Phil to reboot your system because you suck at this.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
This doesn't mean as much as you think it does. Or maybe you already know that and are just trying to win a useless argument...

You're right about one thing, it is a useless argument.

- Top 5 most played in game pass, the primary service it launched in, is not good enough.
- Top 5 selling on Steam with an increasing # of daily player count, instead of dropping lke a rock, is not good enough.

Keeping in mind this is for a new IP that was literally shadow dropped without any pre-orders or preview cycles, but I guess Forspoken, a heavily marketed and primed AAA exclusive sold 29K in Japan so it's all good
image.png

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DonFerrari

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
You're right about one thing, it is a useless argument.

- Top 5 most played in game pass, the primary service it launched in, is not good enough.
- Top 5 selling on Steam with an increasing # of daily player count, instead of dropping lke a rock, is not good enough.

Keeping in mind this is for a new IP that was literally shadow dropped without any pre-orders or preview cycles, but I guess Forspoken, a heavily marketed and primed AAA exclusive sold 29K in Japan so it's all good
image.png

Honestly, the more you bring up Forspoken in a thread titled "HIFI Rush debuts at no. 23 on XBL" , the more it sounds like you are deflecting and trying to poke back with what you deem a sharp stick. You're taking this personally and it's not a good look for you. Just ignore the thread.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Honestly, the more you bring up Forspoken in a thread titled "HIFI Rush debuts at no. 23 on XBL" , the more it sounds like you are deflecting and trying to poke back with what you deem a sharp stick. You're taking this personally and it's not a good look for you. Just ignore the thread.

Not sure why it's inconceivable to bring up two console exclusive games that released a day apart from each other.

But your point is taken, the entire thread was made on bad faith in the first place.

Reactions: CloudStrife

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Keeping in mind this is for a new IP that was literally shadow dropped without any pre-orders or preview cycles, but I guess Forspoken, a heavily marketed and primed
More Forspoken obsession. When will it stop? Why do you keep bringing it up over and over again? It doesn't matter if Forspoken is flopping in Steam. Hi-Fi Rush is not doing too hot, just face it and stop talking about Forspoken. Jeesus. In what universe is Forspoken the barometer of success?

Compare it with High on Life, Stray, Scorn, Sifu or Kena. Why does it need to beat Forspoken? Your warrior mind is completely screwed.

confused jim carey GIF

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
to be honest i feel bad for this mediocre loser,this past two months have been a fucking nightmare for xbox embassators,and wait for things like redfall being irrelevant in two months of launch and starfield buzz being swallowed by the spidermn launch

the fuckers look so desperate in forums that in the xbox offical thread on ree they are fighting each other

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
“Top 5 on gamepass” is a clever spin. It’s a bad spin and that’s the only thing that’s disingenuous here. And also … pathetic. Bad faith my ass adamsapple. These are straight up facts you clown. Call my shit disingenuous when the only thing fitting that description is your piss poor damage control.

The only reason it charted so high is because it’s free with gamepass. Xbox gamers don’t buy games. They only consume gamepass.

Adding more content filters to spin its debut is typical Xbox fake number bullshit. Xbox is already the smallest portion the game industry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.