Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Sure.

1116 tracked gamers who have beaten the final boss of FS
12298 tracked gamers who have beaten the final boss of HF-Rush

For every 1 player whose completed FS, 10+ have completed HF Rush. I thought it was 1 : 3 but it's closer to 1 : 10

And, again, before anyone blows their gaskets, this is just based on sources which show actual # of people who have achieved those rewards based on whatever available tracking data we have, not nebulous percentages of an unknown amount.
Also this comparison is nonsense. One is a full priced AAA game, the other is an AA game available on gamepass. Both will flop at the game awards 😅
Also, HiFi will never reach Stray status.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
And why comparing the absolute numbers? They would only make sense if the total would be equal. But because it's not, seeing at the percentages ("how many achievers out of the players") makes much more sense.

That's in reply to an earlier comment:

Also I think it's normal for a GamePass game to have low completion ratios, as more people will give it a try even when they might not be interested in the game, while people who bought a game, might be more willing to finish it.

IT's normal for GP games to have lower completion ratios because a lot more people dabbled in it. I'm just showing that despite that, a lot more people are bothering to finish this game.

But this is just one venue, earlier in the topic people were also talking about it having lower active # of players on Steam compared to the other one, but now that's changed it seems to be brought up less.

My point is, that outside of a certain biased perspective, calling this game unsuccessful is weird.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Let's all play along folks, you know how it is with mental cases. Just play a long, be cool, and everyone will be OK.

...Hi-Fi Rush is GOTY, 90+ metacritic, better than God of War, Japan loves Xbox, Xbox is not a yellow-streak 60's console any longer, 2023 is Xbox's year, this game is not also on PC, everyone clap and applaud for Xbox.

Best exlusive ever made. Chai and the gang are the new faces of xbox replacing master chief! Here, here everone, 3 cheers for Phil!

Now lets all join hands and brainstorm letters to the CMA!

We all Loooove XBOX! Woo!

mods, change my avatar!

WOO!

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 11.32.06 AM.png

- Body 'Hi-fi RUSHING' count611 !!!

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
IT's normal for GP games to have lower completion ratios because a lot more people dabbled in it.

And that's what I said in the message you quoted.

I'm just showing that despite that, a lot more people are bothering to finish this game.
If by "a lot more" you mean the absolute numbers on those pages compared to Forspoken, then I'm sorry to tell you, that is not something you can say with those numbers alone.

I'm not saying this is not the case, but you can not make this kind of statement with the information available (or cherry picking what's more suitable to your argument).

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Let's all play along folks, you know how it is with mental cases. Just play a long, be cool, and everyone will be OK.

...Hi-Fi Rush is GOTY, 90+ metacritic, better than God of War, Japan loves Xbox, Xbox is not a yellow-streak 60's console any longer, 2023 is Xbox's year, this game is not also on PC, everyone clap and applaud for Xbox.

Best exlusive ever made. Chai and the gang are the new faces of xbox replacing master chief! Here, here everone, 3 cheers for Phil!

Now lets all join hands and brainstorm letters to the CMA!

We all Loooove XBOX! Woo!

mods, change my avatar!

WOO!

View attachment 418

- Body 'Hi-fi RUSHING' count611 !!!
CHAI! CHAI! CHAI!
1200px-Sora_SSBU.png

Chai is a Sora knockoff

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You send some very mixed signals friend
not mixed signals. Stray was not GOTY contender, however, it reached zeitgeist status, everyone knew about it, it became memeable, shared on twitter, it even raised awareness about stray cats, it raised cats adoption rate.
HiFi will never do anything of the sort.
Stray is memorable, HiFi isn’t.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
What the fuck am I reading. Boasting about completion rates where the actual total figures can't be compared as we don't have them. Holy Moses. Everyone needs to get a grip.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
What the fuck am I reading. Boasting about completion rates where the actual total figures can't be compared as we don't have them. Holy Moses. Everyone needs to get a grip.
it is just one individual who trying nonsensable comparisons.

reality 21% vs 3.5%

people enjoying and completing the longer game 6 times more..

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
That's why I went ahead and got Forspoken. Now back to the action.

You better not enjoy it. Some would be heartbroken here

Shake Harder The Simpsons GIF

Reactions: Deleted member 417

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
not mixed signals. Stray was not GOTY contender, however, it reached zeitgeist status, everyone knew about it, it became memeable, shared on twitter, it even raised awareness about stray cats, it raised cats adoption rate.
HiFi will never do anything of the sort.
Stray is memorable, HiFi isn’t.

You're right, Hi-Fi will not raise awareness about stray cats.

But it will go down as one of the best games of the year 🤷‍♂️

Down to #32

HiFi Rush’s cup of coffee is done. Dead Space doin poorly.

Dead Space is still #1 in top paid games.

You're an expert at FUD posting man
😬

I know right, literally saying every post this is only based on available info, people keep blowing it out of proportions.

I swear some y'all really do take all this console war bs to heart 😅

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Xbox gamers don’t buy games. They only consume gamepass.

Dead Space being no. 1 on full priced filter doesn’t mean much at all. It just further indicates how non-games pass games will mostly flop on Xbox when number 1 is pretty low in actual player time. This is what happened to RE8.

High on Life launch was a success. HiFi Rush didn’t come close to that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Xbox gamers don’t buy games.

Dead Space being no. 1 on full priced filter doesn’t mean much at all.

what lol

Games like Fortnite and Warzone are going to be on top of the top-played lists on either platform.

Even Playstation lists free to play games separately from paid games when they put out their top download rankings.

Is there an equivalent actively updated list of what's being played the most right now on PlayStation regardless of whether its paid or freemium ?

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sony doesn’t have those available. Xbox does.

Gamespass day one new releases should appear in top 10 and have. HiFi Rush has not. Most recently that being High in Life with its top 5 debut.

How you want to define games is of no consequence. Online games will always have hang time. How it charts is indicative of general interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.