HiFi Rush debuts at no. 23 on XBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s been just over a full week of tracking. HiFi Rush has made its debut on at No. 23 ahead of Halo Infinite and … GoldenEye.

It has not made as successful of a debut as High on Life did its launch week.

Monster Hunter Rise is currently the most successful gamespass release of the new year holding at no. 14.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
this is the best game ever made and xbox has won japan, goty, and goated best exclusive of the geneberation, man.

hammer-headcrash.gif

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It’s been just over a full week of tracking. HiFi Rush has made its debut on at No. 23 ahead of Halo Infinite and … GoldenEye.

It has not made as successful of a debut as High on Life did its launch week.

Monster Hunter Rise is currently the most successful gamespass release of the new year holding at no. 14.
so it flopped miserably 😂 it sold abysmal on worst platform. Tango on the ropes to be close down for sure.

D

Deleted member 417

I don't understand how it didn't top the charts or hit higher. It's a unique looking game, offering a different style then we have seen in at least 10 years and the gamers aren't interested?

There is no fanboyism in this next question: Who are the main demographic on Xbox? If Hifi didn't make a splash and goldeneye was crap, who is owning and playing this console?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I don't understand how it didn't top the charts or hit higher. It's a unique looking game, offering a different style then we have seen in at least 10 years and the gamers aren't interested?

There is no fanboyism in this next question: Who are the main demographic on Xbox? If Hifi didn't make a splash and goldeneye was crap, who is owning and playing this console?
This game's demographic is Playstation players. PERIOD.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

From my personal experience, people really into call of duty, Assassin's creed, etc.
You can get those on PlayStation as well obviously, but Xbox's main demographic seems to be your typical "dude bro", for lack of a better term.

P

peter42O

23 isn't bad at all considering the game is a smaller AA title that was shadow dropped with no marketing, advertising or reviews whatsoever. This is a game that will move up higher as word of mouth spreads about the game. Will be playing it later today. :)

High on Life seemed okay but the motion shit in the game or whatever the hell it was led to me dropping it within an hour and refunding my $10.

Reactions: Vertigo

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Xboxs main demographic are kids now. Im not saying that to be mean or insulting, it just is what it is. Look at the xboxs most played games its fortnite, sea of theives, and like nba2k. Thats why most of mircrosft shows are these wild, colorful, zany low budget games because their main demographic are children. That also explains, in part, why software sales are so bad, because kids obviously cant buy games lol.

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's also flopping on Steam at less than 4K users everytime I check. So much for "going viral" when it's dropping everyday 🤣

At this rate it will struggle to sell 500K Lifetime and it will be forever known as that Game Pass fodder music game. Not even in the top 20.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: One eyed jacks

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
23 isn't bad at all considering the game is a smaller AA title that was shadow dropped with no marketing, advertising or reviews whatsoever. This is a game that will move up higher as word of mouth spreads about the game. Will be playing it later today. :)

High on Life seemed okay but the motion shit in the game or whatever the hell it was led to me dropping it within an hour and refunding my $10.

Not sure why people keep saying its a smaller game. it had a 5+ year development cycle

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s actually a pretty decent showing. Could potentially go higher or at least hang around for a bit.

Just kinda puts into perspective how big of a release it is or not. It’s priced accordingly on steam IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
24 Jun 2022
lol. I thought it was already a declared GOTY.

A shame, however, as it's clearly a better game than that mediocre High On Life.

Hmm, I can see the value in High on Life in terms of what that dev could do for, say, a new Conker game. Which if MS were smart, they'd work with them on.

But it is surprising seeing it debut relatively low on Xbox. Steam's seemingly been better for the game.

TBF GoldenEye is a piss port on Xbox; no online MP for a console part of a brand that popularized online MP in FPS games and made it mainstream, is just a terrible joke. And it's still the same blurry mess it was on N64, it's just you can see the lack of detail in 4K with a framerate that isn't from the Stone Age.

And FWIW, it's not like there haven't been games like this visually (in terms of unique graphics) on Xbox even in the past six years. Cuphead, ReCore kind of, etc. HiFi's debut might be less about demographics (though that definitely plays a part) and more about the effect Game Pass is having on playing habits. People don't feel an attachment to the game since they don't have to buy it. They have no urgency to play it because they game is always there so long as they have the service. They have 100s of other games available for "free" in the same service, increasing temptation to just dabble here and there, and finishing little.

I think all of those things are creating longer-term issues for games particularly like High on Life, which already skew outside the core Xbox demographic.

That's a fair point WRT the shadow drop and lack of marketing. However, it's just interesting to see the difference considering how well it did on Steam after its debut, at least from what I remember.

I'd pick it up myself if not for Denuvo; still wearing about DRM bloat being installed on my system but maybe I'm just worrying over ultimately nothing. I'll do more research but in the meantime, MS consider bringing the game to GOG :) 👍

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 417
Status
Not open for further replies.