HiFi Rush debuts at no. 23 on XBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Hi-Fi Rush legit shook this forum to its core, so much vitriol for a successful new IP launch. 😬 :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Successful compared to what? It’s having less successful of a run than High on Life. It’s at 43 and should be on its way out by next week.

Hogwarts coming in hot. Already at number 6 after like 3 days of tracking. I won’t be surprised if it takes the top spot. Very impressive.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Successful compared to what? It’s having less successful of a run than High on Life. It’s at 43 and should be on its way out by next week.

Hogwarts coming in hot. Already at number 6 after like 3 days of tracking. I won’t be surprised if it takes the top spot. Very impressive.
Adam's is a joke account and he's trying to cope by calling it "successful". By any metric Hi-Fi is a flop and the lowest selling Tango game and maybe even lowest selling Bethesda game ever. It will be a long road to 500k lifetime.

The (fake) hype was very short-lived.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Successful compared to what?

Why compared to anything ? It launched with superb critical acclaim, excellent user reviews across the board, good consumer engagement on multiple platforms etc. All that despite a shadow drop with little to no pre-built hype. Excellent results for a new IP and Tango's best received game with trackers like SteamSpy estimating ~500k already, in-spite of what folks like Gods&Haters try to make others believe.

Johannes's probably gonna get his next project green-lit without any concessions after this.

💚

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I wouldn’t call it a flop either. I just think it’s being made out to be bigger than what it is. I’d say High on Life is currently the standard of a successful gamespass launch for smaller releases and Forza Horizon the standard for tentpole IPs.

Steamspy estimate is bullshit btw. 500k? Lolz. No shot. They’re consistently wrong. More like 100k at best. (But it’s probably like 65k).

Last edited:

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Steamspy estimate is bullshit btw. 500k? Lolz. No shot. They’re consistently wrong. More like 100k at best. (But it’s probably like 65k).

I mean, if you guys have already set your minds in stone about something, not much else anyone can say to change it.

The game has been received very well and the director and Phil & co are happy with the launch. That's what matters since that's where they'll be getting their fundings for future projects.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
new IP and Tango's best received game with trackers like SteamSpy estimating ~500k already, in-spite of what folks like Gods&Haters try to make others believe.
500k and it's struggling to have 3k players on the weekend when the game just came out? It's impossible. It sold 200k max on Steam and it was never on the top 150 on Xbox (the only other platform where it's on sale.)

You live in fantasy land (or in-between Phil's cheek) if you think it sold 500k already.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Hi-Fi Rush legit shook this forum to its core, so much vitriol for a successful new IP launch. 😬 :ROFLMAO:
besides an army of xbox shills with generic Hi Fi rush avatars, no one cares dude... game has been completely forgotten, even by the xbox audience at large. they all dropped it for dead space, lmao.

why are you still bringing it up?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
500k and it's struggling to have 3k players on the weekend when the game just came out? It's impossible. It sold 200k max on Steam and it was never on the top 150 on Xbox (the only other platform where it's on sale.)

You live in fantasy land (or in-between Phil's cheek) if you think it sold 500k already.
Maybe it's still early to make proper estimates, but the current ones are these ones:

image.png

Being a MS game we should add Xbox and MS PC store. Combining all sales I think 500K would be possible, but I don't think it's likely considering it has been included day one on GP and that the sales of this type of games typically aren't big.

Successful compared to what?
I'd say successful in reviews, but not in sales.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Lmao what a thread. Apparently MS s responsible for Goldeneye 64. Masterpieces left and right. Then why s series selling worst than xone and 360?
Garbage like Grounded s in lists every year. Like how manny version ll they release?
it's just astounding the lengths people will go to justify xbox's platry games offerings at this point. Validation seeking left and right.

No we don't agree, MS's 1st party is unanimously considered worst-in-industry and Hi-Fi Rush isn't enough to turn that perception around.

Nobody even knows what Hi-Fi Rush is. It's an 80-something average indie game, and it's multiplatform anyways.

I just don't get why we have to humour/pity these clearly disingenuous astro-turfers. It's deceitful, devious marketing, and they're pushing it on every forum and every website. It can't be a coincidence.

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 6.34.39 PM.png

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Being a MS game we should add Xbox and MS PC store. Combining all sales I think 500K would be possible, but I don't think it's likely considering it has been included day one on GP and that the sales of this type of games typically aren't big.
Nobody buys games on MS PC store and Hi-Fi Rush is not in the top 200 on Xbox top paid. It was not even in the top 150 since release. The sales are abysmal like 50k would be too much imo.

Steam is the only platform where it's selling and it's at 200k.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's a good game, very good. But it's not a success. 5 years to probably not even make 30 million? That's a commercial flop, underserved, but it's the truth, and goes to show how shit MS is at managing IP.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
It's a good game, very good. But it's not a success. 5 years to probably not even make 30 million? That's a commercial flop, underserved, but it's the truth, and goes to show how shit MS is at managing IP.

Wait, so any game that doesn't hit 30 million in 5 years is a flop ? That puts almost 99% of every game ever as a flop lol.

I swear the artificial qualifiers you guys apply to things you don't like :ROFLMAO:

We all see what's going on here. Astroturfing to the highest degree.

Holy shit I wasn't kidding, this one successful new IP has really shaken the Sony fanbase on this forum to its very core 😘

100.png

Status
Not open for further replies.