Honkai: Star Rail ( From Genshin Impact devs ) has already reached 8 Million Pre-registrations.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I still remember the memes and criticism when they first showed Genshin Impact all those years ago. It was mocked for being a Zelda BOTW clone.

MiHoYo has come so far since then.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I still remember the memes and criticism when they first showed Genshin Impact all those years ago. It was mocked for being a Zelda BOTW clone.

It was mocked but also a lot of people, myself included, openly wanted to play it. I still do, the announced Switch version never came out and is purportedly still in development (lol.)

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Does Sony have a deal with these guys like for Genshin Impact?

I’m hoping someone has a list of all those partnerships.

Genshin is a huge part of current PlayStation’s success even tho its weebness disgusts me.

It’s a no brainer but this indicates to me that Sony needs to be aggressive in finding Chinese partnerships that produce good results for everyone around. I assume they have been aggressive compared to any of their competitors. Maybe Amazon has an advantage there maybe…

There’s lots of money to be made. By buying Bungie they got involved with the Destiny Mobile deal with NetEase. I’m sure that’s a huge potential opportunity for Sony. They haven’t really tried for that Mobile money.

However … I’d love to see the day where PlayStation consoles proper could be sold in China. Or playing with Chinese players… in my lifetime? Probably not :/

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Problem with finding Chinese partnerships is that the Chinese drive a hard bargain, which, in many instances discourages them. Protectionism in short but who can blame them? Better that than be hollowed out by Western capital and be a lapdog nobody. With that said let the suckers be suckers allowing room for NetEase and Tencent to expand their tentacles West. The Chinese are doing what they should do, play the game smart while amongst hyenas and lions. It's also important for the lions and hyenas to understand that they're not dealing with a zebra. Zebra's don't have pointy teeth.

Good for them. Not into weeb content myself, never have been even as a teen but there is a huge market out there and they have found their audience. I've noticed however they have social media help from third parties propping their announcements (bot farms, turfer farms, brand perception managing groups - whatever you wanna call them). They trend in gaming way too often on each announcement in the social media space for all of it to be natural - even more so in ways than Fornite. The pattern is hard to miss.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Fam it aint ever coming to switch. Genshin is built on unity which is infamously intolerant of switch.

Also, the gameplay in genshin BTFO's anything zelda has ever done. The only thing BotW does better is object physics.

Genshin has better open world, better art, better combat, better waifus (princess zelda is a 6/10 at best), better story, better voice acting, better music by fat.

The only drawback is it's f2p gaas gacha. I don't like the business model but thankfully genshin gives enough resources that you can get the stuff you want with some saving.

Last edited: