I kinda miss the 90s and early internet days

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Hey.
I am only ( :cry: ) 33 but I remember the world "before" the Internet.
Early 90s.... maybe very early 2000s... when internet was exciting, movies were exciting, games were exciting.
I know I was a kid and everything was more exciting but I also think it's not only that.
Now all it is is politics and either left or right. Nothing else is allowed.
Everything HAS TO fit in one camp or another.
EVERYONE has to state if they are gay or a chair. There is no way I play a video game without having it shoved down my throat that Rivet is bi. Why do I have to know that?
It's all crazy, it all sucks and I have a hard time getting over it.

Yes, this thread is made over the spider-man pride flag.
Where is my flag? Why can't I be guarding my rofif flag in a video game lol.
All this artificial outrage is really strange. You see warriors fighting. You see people angry at an outrage.... but wen you look for it, there is nobody who is actually offended on the side that should be offended. Just warriors knighting over something.
Just like Naughty Dog crying "oh don't threat to kill us! don't call us names!"... NOBODY DOES, GET OVER IT, IGNORE IT, YOU ARE MAKING IT A PROBLEM!

No free speech is one thing but no FREEDOM OF OPINION is even worse.
I understand some opinions cannot be expressed again. There is a reason why You cannot say Nazi way of thinking is great or that pedophiles have right to fuck children!
It's not about that. This is perfectly fine to block these things as it should be according to moral compass.
But what is happening in recent years is something completely different and I have a hard time grasping what is going on.
I just know that I miss 90s games, internet, not being exposed to constant bad news but only cool internet stuff with little censoring.

Cheers !

Edit: hmmm not sure if brain fart like this fits into communities! If unfit, delete or move pls

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Hey.
I am only ( :cry: ) 33 but I remember the world "before" the Internet.
Early 90s.... maybe very early 2000s... when internet was exciting, movies were exciting, games were exciting.
I know I was a kid and everything was more exciting but I also think it's not only that.
Now all it is is politics and either left or right. Nothing else is allowed.
Everything HAS TO fit in one camp or another.
EVERYONE has to state if they are gay or a chair. There is no way I play a video game without having it shoved down my throat that Rivet is bi. Why do I have to know that?
It's all crazy, it all sucks and I have a hard time getting over it.

Yes, this thread is made over the spider-man pride flag.
Where is my flag? Why can't I be guarding my rofif flag in a video game lol.
All this artificial outrage is really strange. You see warriors fighting. You see people angry at an outrage.... but wen you look for it, there is nobody who is actually offended on the side that should be offended. Just warriors knighting over something.
Just like Naughty Dog crying "oh don't threat to kill us! don't call us names!"... NOBODY DOES, GET OVER IT, IGNORE IT, YOU ARE MAKING IT A PROBLEM!

No free speech is one thing but no FREEDOM OF OPINION is even worse.
I understand some opinions cannot be expressed again. There is a reason why You cannot say Nazi way of thinking is great or that pedophiles have right to fuck children!
It's not about that. This is perfectly fine to block these things as it should be according to moral compass.
But what is happening in recent years is something completely different and I have a hard time grasping what is going on.
I just know that I miss 90s games, internet, not being exposed to constant bad news but only cool internet stuff with little censoring.

Cheers !

Edit: hmmm not sure if brain fart like this fits into communities! If unfit, delete or move pls
It's going to get worse before it gets better, in mankind's(humankind Sigh) attempt to do the right thing we have given way too much freedom in recognizing absurdity as normality.

People as a functioning society needs rules.

Tribalism is the only thing that matters now, you are either part of a certain group or you are against it, and even common sense debates or critiques are meant with intolerance.

Even on these forums, we can not discuss things for the fear of offending someone or some group of people. Politics, gender, religion etc etc at least in my eyes are best kept away, as it brings out the fanatics in their droves.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I know what you mean OP
WhatI miss from the 90's that I want brought back (preferably into a game) GARGOYLES.

Reactions: rofif

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Just ignore it. You are the director of your own life nobody can force politics into your life. Movies and games are still as good as ever, haven't you watched Top Gun: maverick? Majority of my favorite games of all time are from 2013 and after.

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Also Why does it matter to you so much that there are gays or lesbians kissing in a movie or a video game? Just say you are homophobic and go off I guess lol trying to gain sympathy with this bullshit thread 😹

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Also Why does it matter to you so much that there are gays or lesbians kissing in a movie or a video game? Just say you are homophobic and go off I guess lol trying to gain sympathy with this bullshit thread 😹
What? Where is this coming from. Are you answering to me?

I've not watched Maverick yet

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
What? Where is this coming from. Are you answering to me?

I've not watched Maverick yet
This is coming from the fact that you made a whole thread complaining why there are gays representatives in the entertainment media. 😹

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
This is coming from the fact that you made a whole thread complaining why there are gays representatives in the entertainment media. 😹
I didn't. Maybe this is language barrier but I just didn't.
Maybe try reading with some basic understanding

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
There is a reason why You cannot say Nazi way of thinking is great or that pedophiles have right to fuck children!

nervous-laughter-what-the-fuck.gif

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Amazing picture but where is my quake stuff, it should be flooded with it, am I out a few years? and q3 does not count fs.

What a time to be a gamer, just amazing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
I mostly just chill in my own little bubble at this point. It's nice. I work a lot and it keeps my mind away from a lot of this nonsense.

If it weren't for the internet, I don't think I'd even be aware of 75% of the garbage most people whine about.

D

Deleted member 417

Discussion kn the internet has been refined to laser point precision since the 90s/00s. Its great for finding very specific topics of discussion, approved of by those shining the laser, but removes all danger and fun from when the internet was a wild west.

I'd like to see a return to PC only internet in some form, as going out of your way to log in and interact makes interaction more meaningful. Smartphones have cheapened the communications and reduced the quality. Even though I've sent this from my smart phone

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Idk I wasn’t there for the old internet. But to me discussions on the net have been bad for a long time. Facebook, Twitter YouTube etc gave absolute brainlets an avenue to say stupid shit. The corporations control the discussions too much imo. It needs decentralization.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Idk I wasn’t there for the old internet. But to me discussions on the net have been bad for a long time. Facebook, Twitter YouTube etc gave absolute brainlets an avenue to say stupid shit. The corporations control the discussions too much imo. It needs decentralization.

Governments all over the world get away with this shit is beyond me.

Reactions: Snes nes

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Governments all over the world get away with this shit is beyond me.

Idk either. I don’t like using the net for news. Everything is slanted to be biased against something even if it’s something ridiculous like anti Lawnmower propaganda or something. Political debates especially are asinine on the net. Everyone just takes the most extreme side of an argument.