IGN France: According to Arkane Director, Redfall was planned for PS5, but had to cancel it once Microsoft bought Arkane.

Unchained

5 Dec 2022
https://fr-ign-com.translate.goog/r...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

During our Redfall preview session , we had the opportunity to chat with the game's creative director, Harvey Smith (who also worked on Deus Ex and Dishonored 1 and 2). This was an opportunity to ask him the question about the impact of the acquisition of Bethesda by Microsoft in 2021, right during the development of Redfall.

Harvey Smith told us that one of the notable consequences was the immediate cancellation of the PlayStation 5 version of the game.

We were acquired by Microsoft and it was a change with capital C. They came in and they said 'No PlayStation 5, we're focusing on Xbox, PC and the Game Pass'. »

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
EGS_Redfall_ArkaneStudios_S3_2560x1440-795d9cd066c3ffd24f540e1a38f8e9c9

During IGN France preview session, we had the opportunity to chat with the game's creative director, Harvey Smith (who also worked on Deus Ex and Dishonored 1 and 2). This was an opportunity to ask him about the impact of Microsoft's takeover of Bethesda in 2021, right during the development of Redfall.

Harvey Smith told IGN that one of the notable consequences was the immediate cancellation of the PlayStation 5 version of the game.

We were acquired by Microsoft and it was a change with capital C. They came in and they said 'No PlayStation 5, we're focusing on Xbox, PC and the Game Pass'.

The development of Redfall having started before the year of the takeover, knowing that a version dedicated to the Sony console was planned is not a real surprise, but receiving the official confirmation remains interesting. Moreover, for its creative director, this decision is almost beneficial.

It's not very serious, it's even a good decision I think. [It helps to] support Game Pass and have one less platform to worry about, one less complexity.

The developer is even going less because, according to him, this takeover could even allow Redfall to be "Arkane's biggest game".

"Game Pass has a ton of players, it could become our biggest game thanks to 30 million, where I can't remember the exact number, of subscribers.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Can we unban @adamsapple? I'm sure he has a reasonable explanation for this.
What? He was banned? Well I’m not surprised.

Anyway I saw the article and the comments on twitter, people are becoming more and more aggressive and it’s getting scary.

Thanks to Microsoft for fueling all this discourse on media. Everyone can say whatever they want from Sony but they are quiet, they aren’t using the media and their fans…

EN250

17 Feb 2023
but phil is a real gamer you guys, he'd never do something like that, he wants more players playing games and he feels really really bad when he's forced to get an exclusivity deal, he would never lie about that, right, guys... guys?

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 417