Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Z0FBQUFBQmx4QUNKVDhPX1pfX2Y2bU0yeUJHVnBGWUNZOUZXX2ZXUTY2bzFUYjlHUVI5OFhMaE45VG5aMU84aE5TNDBaZVNURUJFOHBPZ1UyMXJIYzR1RTdEdTNLTGphMG5TZ3JPdVN2MEI0RjNTYUtaSXMxRDg2V1RjNTRpSUVyVExVc2FOV2xnRHQzRXlPTWxXY2RDS19XR20ybm9TM0xRPT0=

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Acceptance

That's not acceptance btw, that's still bargaining. "Somehow this bad news is still good for me" is copium on a deep level. Acceptance comes when they admit that the xbox brand is dead and they're in this position because the company is doing horribly on all fronts.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Nah toys for Bob & vicarious visions were 2 of activisions best studios for me then they got forced to support cod & now this 😔
Fucking disgraceful that Crash is doomed again. ABK needs to fix the CoD pipeline and until then everything suffers. Sadly this time there is no path to anyone buying the IP and reviving it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it will be more along the lines of "We see our future as reaching all players and respecting the IPs we have acquired. As such, going forward, Xbox games will no longer be exclusive to the Xbox platform as navigate achieving our goal of reaching every player. Our Xbox consoles will remain supported and our commitment to our fans remains, but now we will support our fans wherever they choose to play our games." They don't need a business meeting and a week delay from all this drama to announce select titles will have limited exclusivity. Announcing a Series X pro will be an absolute death knell considering 3 skus + they will be forced to abandon it once they completely go 3rd party, if not next week in the next few years.
100% agree.

I also think they are leaking some bad news that are fake, to make it look now worse than it's going to be. So once their fans really see the real news they'll think 'oh, it isn't that bad', specially if they mix it with some good new for them.