Indie Games Chat [OT]

OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Thought I'd set your hearts pounding with a cute puzzle game. I've been whiling away many hours on Railbound, that seems to be on every device evah but clearly designed for mobile. I'm near the end of world 5. Anyhow, I like a smart chilled puzzle game. Throwing it out there as a goodie.

Oa3lKiG.jpg

Also been all over the new Horizon Chase 2. It's too easy but definitely fun. Only on Apple Arcade for now. I'd like them to do more with online multiplayer, it's bare bones at the mo. That would be the best way to play.

5mSalHs.jpg

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Really cool thread!

Although I don't play little-known indie games as much anymore, I remember getting the platinum for Horizon Chase Turbo. One of the very few platinum trophies I have (~20).

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I played a bunch of Indies recently, one after another, because they finally got physical releases:

SIFU
The Ascent
Stray
F.I.S.T.

Fortunately, I was able to return The Ascent after beating it.

The other 3 were all great.

Reactions: toucandela
OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Any fans of Cryptark?

I was digging through my backlog and this looked good. It looks really good actually, the artwork is great. I'm not the greatest at shmups and this one is on a timer too, making it quite chaotic, however I'm really into the style and strategic side of working around the map. Making slow progress. Not sure what I've got myself into (lots of deaths) but liking it a lot so far.

MD2JZAu.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
I took a gamble on Betrayal at Club Low, not knowing quite what to expect, and it paid off. The dice system is loads of fun and the overall design is just great. Surprising hit for me. I don't know if there are more short RPGs with this much style.

HlLa1si.jpg

OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
I've been playing a lot of Pixel Cup Soccer. Not usually my thing but fancied a change and it's fun and a bit silly. In career mode you can get hazards on the pitch. The AI is sometimes dumb but I'm not taking it too serious. It's kinda old school and addicting.

XhBrZvT.jpg

4HGbhgb.jpg

Reactions: Kokoloko

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This weekend we have a big Indie Game convention in Barcelona with mostly local indies. I'll attend personally today and tomorrow, but here you have the list of games with trailers, links, screenshots and info:

There's cool stuff there.

Reactions: PropellerEar

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Just wanted to say... if anyone used to like Pokemon but would like something similar on PS5, try TemTem!

It's really great.

Game Summer GIF by Xbox

Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Just wanted to say... if anyone used to like Pokemon but would like something similar on PS5, try TemTem!

It's really great.

Game Summer GIF by Xbox
I just hate the fact it's online and pushing the MMO/MP aspects, as can also be seen by the trophy list. That's why I'm not buying it.

Edit: it seems like they changed the trophy list I saw while they were still in early access. Looks a lot more friendly now.

I know on PC it's not new, but I recently played (and platinumed) Inscryption. Had a blast with it. Recommended.

• party
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
I got stuck into Ozymandias this week. I've always preferred the more macro managing simple strategy games like Risk (which is a bit too simple). This is a really good middle ground 4X with some resource management, cities, terrain types, armies. The games are quick which is a big plus for me.

qyZup9C.jpg

OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
It's been forever since I played some Kingdom of Loathing and I've foolishly not got round to West of yet. But couldn't resist diving into Shadows Over Loathing. It's good stuff. Combat is solid. Just need to find the time to get to the end. Then I'm gonna have to go back and play West of.

aMX7c6e.jpg

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Thought I'd set your hearts pounding with a cute puzzle game. I've been whiling away many hours on Railbound, that seems to be on every device evah but clearly designed for mobile. I'm near the end of world 5. Anyhow, I like a smart chilled puzzle game. Throwing it out there as a goodie.

Oa3lKiG.jpg

Also been all over the new Horizon Chase 2. It's too easy but definitely fun. Only on Apple Arcade for now. I'd like them to do more with online multiplayer, it's bare bones at the mo. That would be the best way to play.

5mSalHs.jpg
It would be nice if they'd do a TVos build of Horizon Chase 2. I was really annoyed that it's iOS only.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Let's add Project Zomboid here. It's probably the best survival game ever made and it features zombies. Costs less than 20 quid and you have a game for hundreds if not thousands of hours, plus multiplayer.

OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Let's add Project Zomboid here. It's probably the best survival game ever made and it features zombies. Costs less than 20 quid and you have a game for hundreds if not thousands of hours, plus multiplayer.
I initially held off on getting it because I don't do early access. Then never got round to it. It's the oldest thing on my wishlist and I should just get it now, when I have time for it. The early access thing is like a meme now. Must be one of the longest ever, that or Star Citizen. Feels like the only thing that will make it go full release is a hardware or os change that threatens compatibility. But yeah, it looks great.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I initially held off on getting it because I don't do early access. Then never got round to it. It's the oldest thing on my wishlist and I should just get it now, when I have time for it. The early access thing is like a meme now. Must be one of the longest ever, that or Star Citizen. Feels like the only thing that will make it go full release is a hardware or os change that threatens compatibility. But yeah, it looks great.

Honestly, it's early access but when I got it 2 or 3 years ago it was already the most complete survival game out there. They just keep adding more stuff, which is amazing. I'd honestly say it's early access because they are still adding features promised years ago, but even with them missing, it's more than worth the money, and it's not buggy. For < 20 quid it's a no brainer.

Reactions: toucandela

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
App Store says tvOS 13.4. Dunno if they quietly rolled that out later?
Must have! On launch day, it was iOS and iPadOS only, didn’t even show up on the Apple TV Arcade.

Tried out the MacOS build, runs really nicely on my MacBook Pro (2019 M1 13-inch)

Last edited: