Insane stat! Out of every PS4 & PS5 game sold in the last quarter, 11.9% were 1st party games. Seems exclusives do matter;) Playstation exclusives do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 223

We're in a post-truth society at the moment. The "end of history". It's all about narratives, not truth. Almost everything you read these days is a lie, or a half truth, distorted through lies of omission etc. Not sure why OP is so caught up about posters running narratives, on resetera of all places. It's merely a reflection of societal upbringing, and thought-leader practice. If Sony wants a better coverage of itself, they know what they need to do (spread the wealth to the bottom feeders on a consistent basis - it's really simple, always has been, always will be).

I guess there is value in setting the record straight... but again, that is Sony's marketing department job, not the job of its fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
awkward office space GIF
You need to respond with arguments and data to make your points. Constantly trying to rely on derision and mocking doesn't fly here. Be a contributor and not part of a defense force.

BTW saying Nintendo is 80% first party sales is not a good argument. You could argue they rely COMPLETELY on first party and don't have a healthy ecosystem.

12% of a massive ecosystem could be argued to be strong. It's all context. But that's the point, try to make an argument. I don't have a horse in this race, because I just don't care.

But it's funny to come into this thread and see the same people going to war for their favorites (or is it employers?) while offering zero data or information to try and back up these dumbass gifs.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I don't give a damn what platform it is, flexing an 11% sales margin as "exclusives matter" and "these games move systems" is total cognitive dissonance.

89% of games sold on their platform are neither first party nor published by them. Your points completely contradict each other.
Its actually pretty impressive when you consider no new first party releases happened that quarter.

Reactions: Savant

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
11.9% is not the flex you think it is. That's why I'm asking.

Nintendo is at 80% btw. That's a real first party machine. Playstation is a Fortnite, GTA, CoD and insert_sportsgame machine, just like Xbox.
That's why Nintendo revenue is no where near playstations. Yes 11% usually wouldn't be a great number but considering they had no new first party releases this quarter and dealing with a chip shortage its actually impressive they still had that amount of first party sales when on playstation you have the biggest selection of third party games to choose from. I imagine Nintendo was like 90% first party sales in the wii u era but nobody was calling that impressive due to how poorly they sold.

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Im new here, but im guessing by this thread and how some people conduct themselves, that you can say whatever you want here?

Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
It’s so little because there are no games. Industry is drying up. Look at 2007 or 2011. We got more games in a month than in last 3 years total.
And I am talking about quality aaa and aa games. Not indie even

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Im new here, but im guessing by this thread and how some people conduct themselves, that you can say whatever you want here?
As long as people are not flat-out insulting people, banter is more than acceptable. People should not fear being banned for playful remarks.

At the same time, people need to grow a skin on this forum, mods will do their job in making sure that the Xbox riff-raff, fanboys like @Cragarmi @PropellerEar and @Dr Bass posts are kept to a minimum but there is only so much they can do.

Starship Troopers GIF

If you have any problems, contact the mods, @adamsapple + @Bernd Lauert @The Legendary Warrior, they are all very approachable and very fair, down the middle type of people.

Last edited:

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
As long as people are not flat-out insulting people, banter is more than acceptable. People should not fear being banned for playful remarks.

At the same time, people need to grow a skin on this forum, mods will do their job in making sure that the Xbox riff-raff, fanboys like @Cragarmi @PropellerEar and @Dr Bass posts are kept to a minimum but there is so much they can do.

Starship Troopers GIF

If you have any problems, contact the mods, @adamsapple + @Bernd Lauert @The Legendary Warrior, they are all very approachable and very fair, down the middle type of people.
Cheers Pirate GIF by Pirate's Parley

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022

At the same time, people need to grow a skin on this forum, mods will do their job in making sure that the Xbox riff-raff, fanboys like @Cragarmi @PropellerEar and @Dr Bass posts are kept to a minimum but there is so much they can do.

Starship Troopers GIF

Appreciate the response. I won't have any problems. I'm not a fan of people complaining to the mods and what not but to each their own.

Reactions: Cragarmi and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
No worries m8,

Now change that Damn Avatar dammit, every day it remains, a Kitten dies. 😍

Cat Awww GIF

Halloween Crush GIF by Oregon Zoo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.