[Insider Gaming] New Bethesda Event For Media Planned in Early March

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
bethesda-hands-on.jpg

Insider Gaming sources have said that Microsoft will be hosting a Bethesda event for media at the beginning of March – but it's unclear if the event will also be public.

Despite its name, however, its currently only expected to feature Redfall and The Elder Scrolls Online, which will both be featured on January 25ths Developer_Direct.

Sources were also able to confirm to Insider Gaming that the May 2nd release date for Redfall, first revealed by WindowsCentral's Jez Corden is "locked in".
More at Insider Gaming: https://insider-gaming.com/bethesda-hands-on-event/

Via @Angie on Resetera.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Sounds like what other companies do and get media in closed games previews and they will get to watch and maybe play the games.
Then over time till the games are released they get to drip feed the information and gameplay out to build hype.
At this point i just want to see games that are coming out as its getting to be a little dry on all sides for what is next.
So i am looking forward to see what they show.

24 Jun 2022
So Starfield won't be there, either, and RedFall is set for May 2nd?

Yeah, Starfield is slipping into H2 2023, probably September at the earliest. Could just as easily be November though at this rate.

P

peter42O

Gaming media event probably means hands on previews for Redfall and The Elder Scrolls Online upcoming expansion. May 2nd locked in!!! Woohoo!!! Let's go!!

I'm not expecting the Starfield showcase until May at the earliest or possibly late June after E3. Staying with November 2023 as the release month which is great for me as I don't want it in June. September would be fine but I prefer November.

Reactions: Lord Mittens

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Gaming media event probably means hands on previews for Redfall and The Elder Scrolls Online upcoming expansion. May 2nd locked in!!! Woohoo!!! Let's go!!

I'm not expecting the Starfield showcase until May at the earliest or possibly late June after E3. Staying with November 2023 as the release month which is great for me as I don't want it in June. September would be fine but I prefer November.
Game is due by the first week of June at the latest. Xbox cannot afford another delay of first party. It is getting c sectioned out of Bethesda.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
expecting starfield to be delayed to holiday 2023, but a 2024 release would be absolutely devastating. By that time, Xbox will most likely be transitioning into a 3rd party publisher, and Starfield will be eyeing a simultaneous release for PlayStation 5.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Nice.

If that new Tango game doesn't get announced tomorrow, then it would make a hell of a lot more sense to have it revealed at the parent publisher Bethesda's event.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
expecting starfield to be delayed to holiday 2023, but a 2024 release would be absolutely devastating. By that time, Xbox will most likely be transitioning into a 3rd party publisher, and Starfield will be eyeing a simultaneous release for PlayStation 5.
why it is devastating? xbox is just rubbing hands. idiots money incoming.

D

Deleted member 417

Spencer has been caught with his pants down when it comes to "Just wait until E3", now he has to start making events to say "wait until next event".

Jan 25th "we know starfield was delayed and we will share more soon, just wait until you see what we have planned for the event in march"

March event "we know you want more starfield and we will share more soon. Just wait until you see what we have planned for E3"

E3: "we know you want starfield and we will share more soon. Thanks for keeping your Gamepass sub for nigh-on 9 months. Just wait until you see what we have planned for our October event"

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
P

peter42O

Game is due by the first week of June at the latest. Xbox cannot afford another delay of first party. It is getting c sectioned out of Bethesda.

Why is the game due by the first week of June? Because of that stupid 12 month thing? Nah. If it needs more time, it should get more time. The 12 month thing made no sense last June and makes no sense now. If the game releases with major issues in June, then everyone will say they should have delayed it. It releases in November with minor issues, then no one will care that it was delayed five more months.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The official guidance from the MS results call indicates it will miss June.
I'm still of the opinion that it will release in June. Why open the support page, continue to say its coming out in the first half of 2023 just to say lol it's 11 November 2023. They havent fucking learned anything.

Xbox needs a win and they might take a quick win rather than a smart win. I'd avoid Zelda to be honest as May June will be players Monday will be talking everything about Zelda like BOTW (I'm hoping they fix durability but if not I'm not getting TotK).

D

Deleted member 417

String people along for that sweet gamepass money. Make people believe it's june, then august, then novemeber.