Insomniac: Not even 24 hours and we've crossed the 10 million @youtube view mark on the @Marvel and @PlayStation uploads of the #SpiderMan2 Gameplay'

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Someone in the forum was asking to fire Jim and Hermen. What a contrast.

Reactions: Box

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Someone in the forum was asking to fire Jim and Hermen. What a contrast.
What have Marvel/Spidey fandom, or Insomniac's pedigree, got to do with Jim and Herman? I don't understand the comparison point.

Insomniac are carrying Sony's ass almost all by themselves. As everyone else fiddles-on ignoring the fires starting, as Ryan and Hulst fan the rising flames.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The fanboy butthurt is meaningless. They just want list wars for console warrior fodder.
Yes. People got angry because wanted to see announced games that were started to be developed 2 or 3 years ago, and it's too soon for them. Even some complained for not showing games that are under development for less than a year (next Media Molecule game, current Bluepoint game).

They announced a few games within this timeframe or some year before with a CG because the games still aren't ready to be shown, and they also complained. It's impossible to make them happy.

They also reject to believe what Sony says in their reports, and instead believe fake insiders who hype them too much with lies and later they get dissapointed but still keep believing these fake insiders.

What have Marvel/Spidey fandom, or Insomniac's pedigree, got to do with Jim and Herman? I don't understand the comparison point.

Insomniac are carrying Sony's ass almost all by themselves. As everyone else fiddles-on ignoring the fires starting, as Ryan and Hulst fan the rising flames.
Jim and Hermen are in charge of everything, the games you like and the ones you don't like. Jimbo bought Insomniac and they signed Morales, Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine. And market them. And achieve the best numbers Sony ever got in all metrics for their consoles, games and game subs.

As an example, God of War Ragnarok being the fastest selling exclusive ever or TLOU2 getting the record of the biggest amount of GOTY awards for any game ever is also due to Marvel/Spidey fandom, or Insomniac's pedigree? Were they made thanks to Insomniac? And not only Insomniac, SSM or ND, under them studios like Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, Bend, Housemarque, Kojima (on track to achieve it with 2021 data but not confirmed) or Polyphony released their most successful games ever, is that due to Insomniac and Spider-Man fanbase too?

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So, if boss is shit, employees aren't allowed to be good.

Yes, that's it, that's the logic. Apparently they can't announce games that "only" started development 3 years ago, yet Insonmiac has managed to announce / release
  • Spiderman Miles Morales
  • Spiderman Remastered
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Spiderman 2
  • Wolverine.
Between 2020 and 2024.

Logic dictates that there's something wrong with other studios pipeline.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yes, that's it, that's the logic. Apparently they can't announce games that "only" started development 3 years ago, yet Insonmiac has managed to announce / release
  • Spiderman Miles Morales
  • Spiderman Remastered
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Spiderman 2
  • Wolverine.
Between 2020 and 2024.

Logic dictates that there's something wrong with their pipeline.
I agree, I just pointed out that he credited Jim for Insomniac competency when Insomniac is good wither under Jim or John.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So, if boss is shit, employees aren't allowed to be good?
The thing is that the boss isn't shit, the boss is achieving the best results ever. Improved and growed everything in all areas, and now is also expanding to more areas in addition to continue improving and growing in the previous ones.

I agree, I just pointed out that he credited Jim for Insomniac competency when Insomniac is good wither under Jim or John.
Insomniac doesn't make any magic or aren't more productive than the other teams. Insomniac simply has a ton of employees than the other teams, which allowed to have 3 or 4 full development teams. While most of the other teams had only a single full development team. This is the only reason of why Insomniac released more games than the other studios.

And Jimbo and Hermen, the bosses that so many people hate in this forums, decided to grow the other studios, in order to make sure that Guerrilla, ND, SSM and so on are also able to work in multiple games at the same time as Insomniac did since generations ago. But to grow studios takes time, and to make games too. And that requires patience.

Last edited:
Reactions: DocRay and Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
A gravity rush sequel would not be the better option. Not for gamers or Sony. No one actually gave a shit. Forum dwellers who don’t play online games would direct a company towards irrelevancy. Them being out of touch with the industry is their problem.

Overrating PS4 output. Comparing these launch years to each other is still in the Ps5’s favor. Only thing missing is Bloodborne and that don’t hurt one bit when Elden ring dropped instead.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Let's look at actual first-party AAA games (including 2nd party) released for either PS4 or PS5, and ignoring MLB which is yearly. I may be missing a couple of games here and there.
    • Killzone Shadow Fall
    • Infamous Second Son
    • The Last of Us Remastered
    • Infamous First Light
    • Driveclub
    • The Order 1886
    • Bloodbourne
    • The Last of Us Left Behind
    • God of War III Remastered
    • Until Dawn
    • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
    • Ratchet & Clank
    • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    • The Last Guardian
    • Horizon Zero Dawn
    • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
    • Gran Turismo Sport
    • Shadow of the Colossus (remake)
    • God of War
    • Detroit: Become Human
    • Marvel's Spider-Man
    • Days Gone
    • Death Stranding
    • The Last of Us Part II
    • Ghost of Tsushima
    • Demon's Souls (remake)
    • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
    • Returnal
    • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
    • Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (includes DLC)
    • Death Stranding Director's Cut (Includes DLC)
    • Horizon Forbidden West
    • Gran Turismo 7
    • The Last of Us Part I (Remake)
    • God of War Ragnarök
    • Horizon: Forbidden West - Burning Shores (DLC)
    • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
This is the worst year for Playstation Studios releases (plus 2nd party) since 2013. Anyone denying this is delusional. They either release 3 or 4 AAA bangers at least next year, or I really want to see what the excuses will be.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
A gravity rush sequel would not be the better option. Not for gamers or Sony. No one actually gave a shit. Forum dwellers who don’t play online games would direct a company towards irrelevancy. Them being out of touch with the industry is their problem.

Overrating PS4 output. Comparing these launch years to each other is still in the Ps5’s favor. Only thing missing is Bloodborne and that don’t hurt one bit when Elden ring dropped instead.
I'm a huge fan of Gravity Rush. I may be one of the 4 people who bought it for PS Vita, and did it at launch, like its sequel. They were great games, but sadly they didn't sell a shit.

They are making a movie about it I assume because they are making a gazillion adaptations so they ran out of popular ones, and due to wokism wanted more with female leads, and luckily Gravity Rush has one (my favorite character of the generation btw).

Sony saw that crosspromotion between games and cinema/tv adaptations works. So who knows, let's hope they get drunk or something and think that combined with the movie a Gravity Rush 3 by Team Asobi (in VR?) could work -unlike the previous two- in sales.

Reactions: Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I'm a huge fan of Gravity Rush. I may be one of the 4 people who bought it for PS Vita, and did it at launch, like its sequel. They were great games, but sadly they didn't sell a shit.

They are making a movie about it I assume because they are making a gazillion adaptations so they ran out of popular ones, and due to wokism wanted more with female leads, and luckily Gravity Rush has one (my favorite character of the generation btw).

Sony saw that crosspromotion between games and cinema/tv adaptations works. So who knows, let's hope they get drunk or something and think that combined with the movie a Gravity Rush 3 by Team Asobi (in VR?) could work -unlike the previous two- in sales.

They focused on the bigger hitters as they should. Having Horizon, gran turismo
And Ragnarok in a single year outdid any year they had on ps4.

Ain’t no one losing sleep over losing David cage YouTube experiences with Until Dawn or Detroit.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sorry to break it to many, Jim and Herman aren't going anywhere if anything thy will probably get bonuses for pushing the brand forward.

Also this pessimism and lack of faith in Sony is really weird. Sony has proven time and time again that quality games will come and in good numbers. We know countless games in the pipeline we just have to wait. Dev cycles indeed have gotten longer.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Eh I used that Ip to make a point. Even something that looks and plays objectively great and received well. Don’t mean much if it’s niche.

I don’t think Sony has abandoned the Ip tho just because the cross media adaptations. Probably gauging what happens with it.

Niche is good btw. Strong third party support covering a large variety of games is why Sony became number one with the psx to begin with. Definitely not their internal stuff that’s for damn sure.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Eh I used that Ip to make a point. Even something that looks and plays objectively great and received well. Don’t mean much if it’s niche.

I don’t think Sony has abandoned the Ip tho just because the cross media adaptations. Probably gauging what happens with it.

Niche is good btw. Strong third party support covering a large variety of games is why Sony became number one with the psx to begin with. Definitely not their internal stuff that’s for damn sure.
Yep. I think that choosing it for crossmedia adaptations is a good thing that may indicate that they may revive it in the gaming side.

Maybe they plan to release a 'Legacy of Thieves'-like remastered collection for PS5+PC as they did releasing it on time for the Uncharted movie.

And who knows, if the movie and the collection works, then they could consider to make a new sequel.

Yes, niche is good and the key Sony success was covering all fronts with internal and specially external developers covering all tastes and niches.