Insomniac: Not even 24 hours and we've crossed the 10 million @youtube view mark on the @Marvel and @PlayStation uploads of the #SpiderMan2 Gameplay'

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
OBLicyb.gif

xzYsntp.gif

bCw8PyV.gif

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
So, if boss is shit, employees aren't allowed to be good?
One damn bad showcase and we're right back to ignoring the fact that the PS brand is flourishing like never before right now.

Ridiculous how fickle some people are.

Was it bad? Sure. VERY underwhelming, stapled two State of Plays together, etc. Absolutely.

Are they "sh*t bosses" who "don't know how to run a company" as I've seen some claim? No. That's a childish, ridiculous take. They deserve flak for this, absolutely, but calling for firings over this is asinine.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I like how @Yurinka keeps spreading his evangelism but can't answer the question about playing revenue. Nor that this year will be the worst for new releases since 2013.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Hermen's been touring the studios but ok.

I love how serious and not-at-all reactionary and childish these takes are, guys.
Never been a fan of Hermen as Head off WWS. I've always said he's the Phil Spencer of Playstation and this is going years back from my Twitter. He's not the man for the job and his out of touch tweet right after the showcase cemented that for me. I'm just glad many others have finally started questioning his leadership.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The game looks next-gen but as usual with Sony games they are never good enough and the hardcore complains it looks like DLC.

That's 2 weeks after TOTK came out to high praise everywhere. A ps3 looking game.
I already explained, it's youtube compression removing a lot of the "wow factor" from these gameplay reviews. The same thing happened with HFW, a PS5 game all compressed doesn't look all that much better than a PS4 game running natively.

With that said, there is something off about how this Spider-man 2 game looks, the black suit looks terrible and I don't think the trailer was properly thought out to show the game looking it's best.

Nobody ever said that Uncharted 4, TLoU Part II, R&C Rift Apart, etc, didn't look good enough, people said they were faked. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
16 Feb 2023
Let's look at actual first-party AAA games (including 2nd party) released for either PS4 or PS5, and ignoring MLB which is yearly. I may be missing a couple of games here and there.
    • Killzone Shadow Fall
    • Infamous Second Son
    • The Last of Us Remastered
    • Infamous First Light
    • Driveclub
    • The Order 1886
    • Bloodbourne
    • The Last of Us Left Behind
    • God of War III Remastered
    • Until Dawn
    • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
    • Ratchet & Clank
    • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    • The Last Guardian
    • Horizon Zero Dawn
    • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
    • Gran Turismo Sport
    • Shadow of the Colossus (remake)
    • God of War
    • Detroit: Become Human
    • Marvel's Spider-Man
    • Days Gone
    • Death Stranding
    • The Last of Us Part II
    • Ghost of Tsushima
    • Demon's Souls (remake)
    • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
    • Returnal
    • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
    • Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (includes DLC)
    • Death Stranding Director's Cut (Includes DLC)
    • Horizon Forbidden West
    • Gran Turismo 7
    • The Last of Us Part I (Remake)
    • God of War Ragnarök
    • Horizon: Forbidden West - Burning Shores (DLC)
    • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
This is the worst year for Playstation Studios releases (plus 2nd party) since 2013. Anyone denying this is delusional. They either release 3 or 4 AAA bangers at least next year, or I really want to see what the excuses will be.

I like how @Yurinka keeps spreading his evangelism but can't answer the question about playing revenue. Nor that this year will be the worst for new releases since 2013.

This is only the worst year if you incredibly disingenuously include two $10 upgrade "directors cuts" as full games in 2021 then also conveniently forget that this year has already also released Horizon: Call of the Mountain and has Helldivers 2, Firewall Ultra, and Stellar Blade announced for this year.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is only the worst year if you incredibly disingenuously include two $10 upgrade "directors cuts" as full games in 2021 then also conveniently forget that this year has already also released Horizon: Call of the Mountain and has Helldivers 2, Firewall Ultra, and Stellar Blade announced for this year.

Even without 2 directors cuts, 2021 had double the AAA games, non DLC. Should we remove Burning Shores from this year?

As far as VR releases go, I didn't include them in any year, so perhaps you should take your bootlicking elsewhere.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Never been a fan of Hermen as Head off WWS. I've always said he's the Phil Spencer of Playstation and this is going years back from my Twitter. He's not the man for the job and his out of touch tweet right after the showcase cemented that for me. I'm just glad many others have finally started questioning his leadership.
You've always said this?

Really?

Even when they were churning out "bangers" to the point everyone was cheerleading him and Jim? Now one bad showcase and he's "the Phil Spencer of PlayStation"?

Good God, grow up.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Sorry to break it to many, Jim and Herman aren't going anywhere if anything thy will probably get bonuses for pushing the brand forward.

Also this pessimism and lack of faith in Sony is really weird. Sony has proven time and time again that quality games will come and in good numbers. We know countless games in the pipeline we just have to wait. Dev cycles indeed have gotten longer.
Some people just have to shit their pants whenever something doesn’t meet their preconceptions.

It is tiresome beyond belief.