Is Suicide Squad ruined for you?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Has the battlepass news / leak regarding Suicide Squad potentially ruined the game for you?

How do you feel about it?

Does it add depth or just needlessly monetize a game and lock content behind daily and weekly grinds that have you replaying the same content that you otherwise would have been unwilling to replay?

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Has the battlepass news / leak regarding Suicide Squad potentially ruined the game for you?

How do you feel about it?

Does it add depth or just needlessly monetize a game and lock content behind daily and weekly grinds that have you replaying the same content that you otherwise would have been unwilling to replay?

I need to see more I think before I can say.
I wasn't expecting a battlepass to be in this game at all...

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Honestly wasn’t sold on it to begin with. I loved the Rocksteady Arkham games. Some of my favorites ever.

However they don’t have experience in online action games and I have no interest in anything DC that’s not a straight up Batman game. Don’t care for any of these characters and the art direction is kinda ugly too.

No opinion on the game itself. Don’t really know what it’s gonna be yet honestly. Probably just like Redfall at best. Gotham Knights worst…

Are these just campaign games disguised as online games? I don’t see the appeal in a loot game where you’re just playing a one and done campaign like borderlands. Especially if there’s battle passes. There’s gotta be something more.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
I'm huge lover of Arkham games, but this game i really dunno what to think, it has elements that looks cool, but also others that are worrying

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm like many of you guys, I was never sold on the idea... I thought it was pretty lame to have all these super-hero's and then make it into a shooter type game.

With characters I mostly don't care for killing ones that I do....

Then throw a battlepass on top of a fullpriced game..... I think that greed and reality are about to hit WB in the face pretty hard on this one.
RockSteady are too good to be wasted on this and it feels like a GAAS game was decreed upon them from upper management, which sucks.

Reactions: SSfox

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
To be honest. It's Kevin Conroy's last performance as Batman then I have to get it.

I honestly don’t want to ruin his memory with an evil Batman. It’s actually a kind of shitty IMO.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I'm like many of you guys, I was never sold on the idea... I thought it was pretty lame to have all these super-hero's and then make it into a shooter type game.

With characters I mostly don't care for killing ones that I do....

Then throw a battlepass on top of a fullpriced game..... I think that greed and reality are about to hit WB in the face pretty hard on this one.
RockSteady are too good to be wasted on this and it feels like a GAAS game was decreed upon them from upper management, which sucks.
It was honestly the lamest idea possible for the Suicide Squad.

The Suicide Squad in the comics are sent on dangerous missions where there's a low chance of survival so that the actual heroes aren't at risk. They are controlled by remote kill switches if they get out of line. To have a Suicide Squad team go off the reservation and try to kill the Justice League is just such a stupid contrivance that I can't begin to comprehend how they figured it works.

This is going to be as dumb as Arkham Origins and Arkham Knight. Rocksteady fucked up HUGE when they quit letting Paul Dini write their DC games for them.

Also, there are so many low-grade DC villains that have served as Task Force 13 members over the years that they could draw from that simply using characters that were in the movies is just lazy as fuck.

• they're_right_you_know

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
The fact it's mainly thought as a coop game is what turned me off.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Yes.

The single screen with the battle pass and that Avengers style interface killed most of the hype for me.

P

peter42O

I'm 50/50 on the game but no, nothing has ruined it for me. Will simply wait and see how the game actually is. Of course, I do believe that it's getting delayed to the Fall but we'll see.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
mmmm, controlled by brainiac considered evil though? I'm sure he will be broken out of it
That just makes it more ridiculous. Batman would totally have countermeasures for Brainiac ready to deploy automatically. He'd be the one neutralizing the other heroes under Brainiac control, without outside help, and probably before anyone knew anything was happening.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Nope. I knew this game was going to be live service from the start and I like those types of games assuming they are well done. Just give me a good game, with awesome cosmetic rewards and fun gameplay and I am down.