Jeff Grubb: "Final Fantasy IX Remake is real, that is real and happening"

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
No question, it was on the NVidia leak too.... I never played it and I am very curious.

Anyone that played it, what did you think?

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
No question, it was on the NVidia leak too.... I never played it and I am very curious.

It's personally my favorite. And I'm so excited to see how they'll overhaul the combat. The biggest grip was the slow turn based mechanics. Great cast and story. Quite overlooked because it came out during the PS2 craze on PS1.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

The last FF game I truly enjoyed (excluding ARR) before the weeb era took over.

Beautiful art direction. Great soundtrack. FF9 and Chrono Cross were my favorites of the psone era for sure.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Tactics Remaster yes please

Would have preferred an 8 remake but 9 is a good game

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

I assumed I would love it back then, I love the look of it... However it bored me, so I never got to the end of it.

This is some people's favorite FF game and it god a great reception. So don't necessarily listen to me.

It's much better than FF VIII.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
How ambitious is this? I wouldn't mind a different approach this time where they stick closer to the original and get it done in a single game.

I feel like what they pulled off with FFVII won't work twice.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
How ambitious is this? I wouldn't mind a different approach this time where they stick closer to the original and get it done in a single game.

Well, for FF IX I would definitely wait to see how people criticize it in forums before ordering the thing -- after release.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

This is one of the games where they need to expand on the story. The side characters deserves more fleshing out.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I just don't look forward to waiting another more than a decade.
Well the story itself is good enough for a remake as it is but I do think some characters story arcs were lacking on Disc 3 and 4 back then. But I'd be fine with a one full remake. I just want this game. It's my fave in the series.

And turn based combat is a no go for me in this remake. The enemy designs are too cool to be wasted on Turn based again.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom