Jeff Grubb: "Final Fantasy IX Remake is real, that is real and happening"

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Tactics Remaster yes please

Would have preferred an 8 remake but 9 is a good game
8 & 9 are my favourites.
And yes please to Tactics remaster/remake. Tactic RPGs is my favourite genre.

• Shake
Reactions: Nym

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Tactics Remaster yes please

Would have preferred an 8 remake but 9 is a good game.

Handshake Bros GIF

Can't believe I found someone who likes 8. My favorite.

• Shake
Reactions: Nym and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
No question, it was on the NVidia leak too.... I never played it and I am very curious.

Anyone that played it, what did you think?

Loved it. Im intrigued how the characters and art style will be. FF7 had so much since the game release, with side games, movies etc. Personally I wouldn’t mind FF7Remake esq combat or turned based

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Loved it. Im intrigued how the characters and art style will be. FF7 had so much since the game release, with side games, movies etc. Personally I wouldn’t mind FF7Remake esq combat or turned based

Honestly, I'm so curious about it..I think I will be day 1 just to find out more.

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
I fully expect this to be closer to a 1:1 remake, with some areas being expanded or interconnected better so there's no loading screens. As for combat, it's hard to say if turn-based is a foregone conclusion. It really depends on their goals for this remake.

It doesn't really matter to me, personally. I'll play it regardless.

What I want now though, is a remake of VIII. It could benefit from some story and mechanical changes. But most importantly, I want to wander the halls of a high fidelity 2023 version of Balamb Garden.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Zzero

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I assumed I would love it back then, I love the look of it... However it bored me, so I never got to the end of it.

This is some people's favorite FF game and it god a great reception. So don't necessarily listen to me.

It's much better than FF VIII.
It got a great reception among longtime fans but late 90s normies disliked Zidane the catboi.

Fwiw: I am expecting a smaller level of output than 7 remake, something like Worldd of Final Fantasy or the last Crystal Chronicles release. All of Square's top teams are busy right now, this just has to be outsourced or, worse, Tokyo RPG Factory.

Last edited: