Jeff Grubb: Starfield coming in June 23, 2023. Hellblade II also coming in 2023.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Starfield.jpg.webp

According to a reliable industry insider, Starfield could be launching in June 2023. The news has come via Jeff Grubb through Xbox Two Podcast which is currently Patreon only. Grubb has also revealed that Hellblade 2 could launch in the later half of 2023.

Grubb has further revealed Ninja Theory’s Hellblade 2 will also be released in 2023 but in the later half. Moreover, Undead Labs, State of Decay developers, are also reportedly working on a new IP that will be announced next year. It seems like Microsoft has plans to make up for the lack of games last year.

However, despite the insider’s great reputation it is advisable to consider this news a rumor for now. We know according to reports that Microsoft has plans to showcase Starfield in the future and if the June release is indeed correct that will be verified. The same goes for the other two IPs.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Starfield in June? are they just trying to flood the market all in one go with there games? (If this is true)
Minecraft: Legends - April 18, 2023
Redfall - May 2, 2023
Diablo IV - June 6, 2023
Starfield - June ?

24 Jun 2022
I don't trust Grubb much, he's got a track record of like 50%, at best. So we'll see how this pans out.

The other rumors with Starfield are that it COULD launch June, but could be in a very rough state. If that's the case, they could very well be sending the game out to die. It needs to be as polished as possible from Day 1, even if there will be reviewers who score it super-high on "potential" (like they did with Halo Infinite, and look where that game's at).

Honestly, if Hellblade II is further along than initially thought and could be ready for 2023, assuming it's got enough to it, just push that for the big release this year and save Starfield for when it's truly ready.

Grubb says here that he was just speculating.

View attachment 349

Of course! Welp, nothing to see here.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Starfield in June? are they just trying to flood the market all in one go with there games? (If this is true)
Redfall - May 2, 2023
Diablo IV - June 6, 2023
Starfield - June ?
That's not a bad line up and consistency of games if it turns out to be true.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
If it's coming in June, they will need to announce the release date in the rumored early March event for sure.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
He's so reliable that he said that Starfield was going to be released in 2021
Grubb has further revealed Ninja Theory’s Hellblade 2 will also be released in 2023 but in the later half.
The Hellblade 2 director said in summer 2021 that they were still in preproduction and that still had to do a meaty vertical slice before moving to full production. Assuming that the December 2021 video they shown was the vertical slice completed, that mean they'd have moved to full production late 2021 or early 2022.

Hellblade 2 was supposed to be bigger than Hellblade 1 and developed in UE5, which was available later in 2022. I highly doubt Hellblade 2 is going to be developed in less than 2 years of production.

He's lying. Again. It must be only his personal guess. Not a leak.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm curious about Hell blade even though I don't have big faith in it. I want to see how it turned out. Hell Blade 1 fir me was OK but very restricted and repetitive so I want to see it's evolution.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
I'm curious about Hell blade even though I don't have big faith in it. I want to see how it turned out. Hell Blade 1 fir me was OK but very restricted and repetitive so I want to see it's evolution.
I never played the original. But I am curious about the sequel and what UE5 can do.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78
P

peter42O

While that would be awesome, im staying with my November 2023 and November 2024 predictions for Starfield and Hellblade 2 respectively.

On a related note, im hoping that Starfield is November as it's better for me personally.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I don't even bother posting Jeff Grubb rumors anywhere anymore.. been burned by his bitch ass one too many times. Motherfucker says some shit, heavily implying that he knows something... because why would he say something if he didn't know something, right? Then he gets pressed just a tiny bit and he caves like a bitch saying he's just guessing and has no knowledge of anything..

Just shut your fucking trap then Grubb :mad:

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Hellblade 2 releasing this year? Yeah right Grubb...

Hell, MS released Hi-Fi Rush, and considering the accolades and reception it got, they probably feel like they don't have to release anything for the rest of the year now 😔

Reactions: Hezekiah

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I don't even bother posting Jeff Grubb rumors anywhere anymore.. been burned by his bitch ass one too many times. Motherfucker says some shit, heavily implying that he knows something... because why would he say something if he didn't know something, right? Then he gets pressed just a tiny bit and he caves like a bitch saying he's just guessing and has no knowledge of anything..

Just shut your fucking trap then Grubb :mad:
We all know he is m$ PR mouth piece.
He spreads fake positivity all the time, especially when you know that nothing is coming. They doing that for years.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Redfall - May 2, 2023
Diablo IV - June 6, 2023
Starfield - June ?

Diablo 4 is not a MS first party game.

Why do people love adding Activision games to Xbox games like they own them or had anything to do with the game or release date.

Lmao.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Hezekiah