Linus Opens up an Old PS3 Devkit!

D

Deleted member 13

Some context for the Gears of War 3 thingy

Makes sense because it would be an excellent way of making sure your graphics engine is agnostic and can run on those two platforms. So if I were an indie developer and was going to do a xbox/ps game and needed to have reference code for running my game on the PS, that would be a good way for Epic to support me.

Reactions: Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Makes sense because it would be an excellent way of making sure your graphics engine is agnostic and can run on those two platforms. So if I were an indie developer and was going to do a xbox/ps game and needed to have reference code for running my game on the PS, that would be a good way for Epic to support me.

While I cannot comment on what you just said, even if it makes a lot of sense (game development is not my tech area), the rumor was that MS was thinking about releasing in other platforms.

OP
OP
yewles1

yewles1

21 Jun 2022
Indianapolis, IN, USA
PSN ID
yewyew1
Some context for the Gears of War 3 thingy

Not a new thing, 3rd party Wii devs actually demoed their pitches on PS3 dev kits before working fully on Wii hardware if greenlit.

• brain
Reactions: Md Ray

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
While I cannot comment on what you just said, even if it makes a lot of sense (game development is not my tech area), the rumor was that MS was thinking about releasing in other platforms.
Epic was originally going to self-publish Gears as a PS3 game, and it was initially revealed in photos in the US Official PlayStation Magazine before the 360 was officially announced.