Major Gaming Reviewers Have Not Received Forspoken Review Codes

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
High on Life was mid-60s, yet your fellow Xbots raves about it like it was the second coming.

Ok, that's one.

What else ? I'm expecting "60's all day every day" kind of lists for recent releases.

He acts like it was said literally 60.
Normal human beings understood that in that range.

:ROFLMAO: Already back-peddling on your friends behalf. This is the quote, there's no other way to read it.

Xbox on the other hand should try out for the Golden Oldies. It's 60's all day everyday with their Metacritic scores!

Now, please present that list of 60s released in the last couple of years. You can count from 2020 onward to give you a generous 3 year window.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I appreciate that my words mean so much to you.

But they are just my opinion, no need to blow a gasket over it or anything. I didn't in any of the High on Life discussions, afterall.

If I can do it, so can you.

I believe in you. 💚
Yeah sure your opinion with no ulterior motive 🙄 Were you also all over the threads for Diofield, Harvestella and Various Daylife letting us know how the game will be low 60s and fail?

It's pretty obvious the threads about Forspoken are full of green rats telling us how trash the game looks. They wish Xbox had something has "bad" and high-profile as Forspoken.

High on Life went viral for a weekend and it ended up on every Xbox GOTY list. That and Vampire Survivors, a mobile game. That's how desperate they are.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Yeah sure your opinion with no ulterior motive 🙄 Were you also all over the threads for Diofield, Harvestella and Various Daylife letting us know how the game will be low 60s and fail?

Never played the demos for them 🤷‍♂️

But I've already mentioned them earlier in the thread multiple times as part of Square's poorly reviewed lineup of 2022 games.

Not sure how you missed that.

It's pretty obvious the threads about Forspoken are full of green rats telling us how trash the game looks. They wish Xbox had something has "bad" and high-profile as Forspoken.

High on Life went viral for a weekend and it ended up on every Xbox GOTY list. That and Vampire Survivors, a mobile game. That's how desperate they are.

I don't know what your beef with Vampire Survivors is lol, it's 87 meta on PC and 95 on Xbox. And has won a few game of the year awards for 2022 as well.

That is a terrible example to use here.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Well, let’s be charitable here. When only two games come out exclusively on your platform in a full year, they’re going to make that list by default!

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Well, let’s be charitable here. When only two games come out exclusively on your platform in a full year, they’re going to make that list by default!

tut tut, less talking and more finding me a list of those 60s rated games please.

High on Life isn't a first party game or published by Microsoft. How is it an Xbox game? That's like saying Forspoken is a Sony game. It's not.

Weird right.

I've only said Forspoken, a Square game, looks mediocre. Along with receipts of how poorly reviewed their last batch of games have been. Not anywhere have I called out the PS5 console at fault for that.

But the thin-skinned fanboys keep dragging their preferred plastic console of choice in the arguments.

Talk about self-victimization. 🤷‍♂️

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

Every year it's the same. Sea of thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay was the most fun Xfans had in the year they released last gen. This gen, the medium, was the most innovative game they'd ever seen for Series X launch/launch window. Scorn was all the rave....You remember The Gunk, they hyped that too, it's unreal. Yet, you are bottom feeder if you are hyped for Forspoken, which is more ambitious than any of these games from a development perspective...

P

peter42O

Weird right.

I've only said Forspoken, a Square game, looks mediocre. Along with receipts of how poorly reviewed their last batch of games have been.

But the thin-skinned fanboys keep dragging their preferred plastic console of choice in the arguments.

Talk about self-victimization.

Square Enix only cares about Final Fantasy. They'll hit with a few Switch games but otherwise, they miss way more than they hit. They'll never ever be what SquareSoft was.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Square Enix only cares about Final Fantasy. They'll hit with a few Switch games but otherwise, they miss way more than they hit. They'll never ever be what SquareSoft was.

Indeed. Not to beat a dead horse, again, but their 2022 games were low 70s, 60s, or even 40s in the case of Babylon's Fall.

The QUANTITY of their output is fantastic.

The QUALITY on the other hand ..

I really hope they're giving more care to FF XVI compared to most of the crap they shoved out last year.

P

peter42O

Indeed. Not to beat a dead horse, again, but their 2022 games were low 70s, 60s, or even 40s in the case of Babylon's Fall.

The QUANTITY of their output is fantastic.

The QUALITY on the other hand ..

I really hope they're giving more care to FF XVI compared to most of the crap they shoved out last year.

Agreed. I do care a lot more about Rebirth than FF XVI though.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Agreed. I do care a lot more about Rebirth than FF XVI though.

I think Rebirth will be fine, it's building off an established game. All the mechanics etc are already in place, they just need to slap on the next set of FFVII story beats on it.

Looking forward to Octopath 2, too. Hopefully it's less obtuse than the first one.

P

peter42O

I think Rebirth will be fine, it's building off an established game. All the mechanics etc are already in place, they just need to slap on the next set of FFVII story beats on it.

Looking forward to Octopath 2, too. Hopefully it's less obtuse than the first one.

Remake was excellent even though the story kinda lost me near the end but everything else was great.

I can't play turn based games anymore. Just too damn slow and boring for me. I did own the original Octopath for Switch but dropped it after a few hours. Would have preferred real time combat.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Dudes have argued as though Forspoken is a Sony game for the sake of dunking on it for console wars.

Whose done that here ? Can you point to that post ?

Remake was excellent even though the story kinda lost me near the end but everything else was great.

I can't play turn based games anymore. Just too damn slow and boring for me. I did own the original Octopath for Switch but dropped it after a few hours. Would have preferred real time combat.

I'mma be OK if they make all future RPGs Action RPGs too, personally lol.

It being a straight up ARPG is one of the big positives for FF16 IMO.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
High on Life isn't a first party game or published by Microsoft. How is it an Xbox game? That's like saying Forspoken is a Sony game. It's not.
Well I agree, but you know once it's not on a particular box, it's hated out the gate. One thing you will never see me do is hate or critique a game I don't know, have not seen or are interested in. I look at some of the games the Xfans mention and I'm only researching them now, most of them are indies, I've never heard about them before now, so it says much about it's penetration or how many people really know about these games. Harvestella, Various Daylife, Diofield? Even High on Life, I have not cared to check it out, only heard some rumble on the forums about it the last few days....Then indies falling into the 60 and 70's? I imagine have even less of an impact, unlike games like Journey, flower, flow etc...

Yet, everybody knows of Forspoken, either to hate or whatever, but the game is known. I see Xfans like to boost any game that's exclusive, it could be an indie that scores a 50. I was suprised Xfans loved Pentiment, especially when it was over 90 on Meta for the first couple of reviews, hype was through the roof, but all the hype dies down so quickly after launch is what I've seen. Look at Scorn, people hyped that game way more before release than after, within a few days, no one was talking about Scorn and how great it is, but you will still get that for Days Gone and Driveclub even now. I think PS fans are a bit more genuine about the games they love and support, Even Halo Infinite was abandoned quickly after launch, even by the most hardcore Halo fans...Are some people overstating how they really love or are playing these games?

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Xbox fans favorite exclusive is worrying about playstation exclusives and how good they are

Mark my words they will try and do the same thing with FFXVI, they just have to find the right angle/narrative to attack it from. They did this last year with Horizon

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Xbox fans favorite exclusive is worrying about playstation exclusives and how good they are

Mark my words they will try and do the same thing with FFXVI, they just have to find the right angle/narrative to attack it from. They did this last year with Horizon
They will complain about some male character that looks too much like a girl.....

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Whose done that here ? Can you point to that post ?

Its mostly the Xbox fanboys on twitter. Credit where credit is due the Xbox fanboys here are a bit smarter than to make it that obvious.

Either way this fight is getting old, some of you dudes will argue way longer than what is sensible over this shit, lmao. And attempt to keep it going.

P

peter42O

Dudes treat Forspoken like a Sony game for the sake of dunking on it for console wars.

I was interested in it but the demo didn't impress me at all and the world looks empty, bland and boring. Also, since it's a magic based combat game and I have Hogwarts Legacy two weeks later, it was an easy decision to pass on Forspoken. Hope those who play it enjoy it and that it's better than what it appears to be but with Dead Space and Hogwarts for me, it's more in the way than anything.

Agree on both counts. FFXVI being action RPG and chapter based instead of open world definitely makes it more interesting for me.