Just a crow
- 20 Jun 2022
Yesterday, Playstation released the first gameplay video for Spider-Man 2. I have to admit I was not immediately impressed by the live stream and even commented in our discord that I felt like it looked the same as Miles Morales. Now that we have access to higher resolution video, here's what I found that distinguishes it from the previous game, and that takes it one step ahead.
- Streaming - Seems like they are putting that SSD to good work. The fast section with Miles would have not been possible previous gen, and shows that transversal is now much faster than before.
- Lighting - Lighting is much improved. This is especially apparent in indoor sections
- Ray tracing - Either my eyes are massively deceiving me, but the whole gameplay seems to have ray tracing reflections. I'm more than happy to admit I'm wrong here, but a lot of places lacked the obvious occlusion issues visible with SSR and seem more accurate than cubemaps
- SFX - Depth of field, particles, even small touches like camera shake and enhanced depth of field and motion blur during combat, it was all improved.
- Combat - Combat has always been stellar, but it looks somewhat improved as well.