Marvel’s Wolverine PS5 Release Targeting Fall 2024 With Hard R Rating

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
https://www.psu.com/news/rumor-marvels-wolverine-ps5-release-targeting-fall-2024-with-hard-r-rating/

51441568535_6b498048ce_h.jpg

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Unfortunately, 2025-2026.

Damn, I'll try and look at it positively... at least it's something to look forward to in those years.

This game will allow god of war to take a bit of a break. This will be the mature rated character action game of the ps5 gen

True and they could always do some remakes of the Greek games for GOW eventually. Many people missed them.

TwistedSyn

10 Jul 2022
Source: Jeff Grubb
"Hey it's gonna rain today." It doesn't. "I'll get it right eventually."

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Source: Jeff Grubb
"Hey it's gonna rain today." It doesn't. "I'll get it right eventually."

Nothing he’s saying here is actually new information or a leap. I think most of us expected this already, its just nice to have it back in discussion.

Semi-open world- duh
Mature - duh
Late 2024/early 2025- duh

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
That's insane, Spiderman 2 fall 2023, Wolverine fall 2024.

If Insomniac pull off their usual quality it will be an amazing feat. And they have a third game in development too.

Rated R makes sense, can't really make Wolverine PG all of a sudden.

• fire
Reactions: Kokoloko and EDMIX

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I am a little bit disappointed Wolverine is so far out, i was hoping for it a bit sooner, but i think i am expecting way too much, way too early.

I do hope that we get perhaps a quick look at it as this year, maybe a really short combat or transversal gameplay clip, but yer probably not.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

EDMIX

With how Insomniac puts out games, I would not be shocked.

One of the best in the business.
At one point they were putting out Resistance, Ratchet, Resistance etc every year and still had time for a new IP with FUSE lol

I have no doubts if this is true, I'd also be ok if it was 2025.

They have a history of focusing on many projects at once so this isn't a massive surprise.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
As always, this is Grubb only making some personal guesses trying to pass them as insider info.

Insomniac already publicly said that the game will have a mature tone and will be dark and very violent. Also said that won't be an open world game but instead a more linear game, more or less like their God of War.

Insomniac also traditionally has one or more release per year. In 2022 they released the two PC ports, in 2023 will release Spider-Man 2 (made by the Spider-Man 1 team) so Wolverine (made by the Morales team) will release in 2024. And obviously will try to don't release Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine too close, so if Spider-Man 2 will be released in Fall 2023 they won't release Wolverine early 2024, but instead they'll release it in the 2nd half of 2024.

Insomniac is maybe the most reliable AAA studio, I highly doubt they may ever considered a 2025 release for Wolverine.

Reactions: EDMIX

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Excellent. Glad it's hard R. I was concerned/worried that it wouldn't be.

P

peter42O

Insomniac Games releases Spider Man 2 in Fall 2023, Wolverine in Fall 2024 and has another game in development for let's say Fall 2025, that would be 5 releases in 5 years. Insomniac is literally carrying the PlayStation 5 thus far this generation.

Fucking love Insomniac Games!!! 😂

• they're_right_you_know
  • fire
Reactions: EDMIX and Bryank75