Metal Gear Solid 3 Delta is being made by Kojima Old Team and Virtuous Studios

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
  • The original VA are indeed being reused.
  • Kojimbo and Shinkawa aren't involved.
  • More MGS remakes likely if the reception is good of Delta.
  • Konami are the main Devs of the project, Virtuos are only helping them.
jSPgoNC.jpg

Last edited:
  • thisistheway
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The elements are there, I am hoping for the best outcome.

I love MGS so much, I just want it to be alive again.

I'm amazed Sony couldn't get this to be exclusive though...very weak.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm amazed Sony couldn't get this to be exclusive though...very weak.

Yep.
Not sure why Sony hasn’t purchased Konami IP as one of the retaliations to the Bethesda purchase by MS.
MGS, Castlevania, Silent Hill, PES, Suikoden and a few more.
Plus they could of take those IP’s including MGS and ZOE etc and say hey Kojima, just overlook these projects. They could of given Kojima his IPs back, made a partnership

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Yep.
Not sure why Sony hasn’t purchased Konami IP as one of the retaliations to the Bethesda purchase by MS.
Plus they could of take those IP’s including MGS and ZOE etc and say hey Kojima, just overlook these projects. They could of given Kojima his IPs back, made a partnership
The rumor was that Konami didn;t want to sell. They tried.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yep.
I'm assuming they probably didn't think it was necessary since it won't move much hardware anyways and it will basically be an exclusive in Japan automatically. They have the marketing rights it seems.

They probably locked down Castlevania and SH instead.

Reactions: AshHunter216

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm assuming they probably didn't think it was necessary since it won't move much hardware anyways and it will basically be an exclusive in Japan automatically. They have the marketing rights it seems.

They probably locked down Castlevania and SH instead.

They would still be great ips to have since Bethesda happened

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They would still be great ips to have since Bethesda happened
I agree! But see Sony reacted too late to w everything. They got so complacent last gen as if they thought the playing field would never change. We now see A Playstation playing catch up. Kinda embarrassing to witness.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Konami still has console devs? I thought they just do pachinko machines and mobile games. I guess we’ll see but I don’t have any faith in this project.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I don't remember exactly when it was said, but Konami was pivoting back to console development after the issues with mobile games and pachinko crackdown

The opportunity to win back the masses is there.... with so many other developers failing to make decent, enjoyable single player games.
I'm rooting for them, they have many of my favorite IP. Created and funded them for many many years.

I think the mobile and pachinko fad is a lesson Sony should be learning from...far away hills are always greener.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: BlueLyria

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
The opportunity to win back the masses is there.... with so many other developers failing to make decent, enjoyable single player games.
I'm rooting for them, they have many of my favorite IP. Created and funded them for many many years.

I think the mobile and pachinko fad is a lesson Sony should be learning from...far away hills are always greener.
Agreed, you're either there at the beginning and dip before it goes to shit, or you're too late.
Funny thing with mobile is that Sony has a stake in the somehow always charting FGO, so I believe that has some weight in their decisions to pivot towards GaaS, which honestly I think it's not gonna go well.