Metal Gear Solid's PS5 Master Collection Adds Two More Titles

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Since MG1 and 2 are part of Snake Eater, as in, accessed from its menu, I wonder if they'll have trophies.

In the master collection? So everything is accessed through the MGS3 menu?

That's a bit weird.... if they don't have trophies for 1 & 2, I'll be super disappointed. :s

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
In the master collection? So everything is accessed through the MGS3 menu?

That's a bit weird.... if they don't have trophies for 1 & 2, I'll be super disappointed. :s
In the HD collection (and the PS2 version of MGS3 Substance) both MG1 and 2 were a part of mgs3, whereas the other games had their own separate launchers. So MG 1 and 2 were just another menu option in MGS3. I'm guessing this'll be the same and if so, I doubt they'd have trophies as they're not counted as separate games.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
In the HD collection (and the PS2 version of MGS3 Substance) both MG1 and 2 were a part of mgs3, whereas the other games had their own separate launchers. So MG 1 and 2 were just another menu option in MGS3. I'm guessing this'll be the same and if so, I doubt they'd have trophies as they're not counted as separate games.

kiefer sutherland president GIF by NETFLIX

As Jack Bauer used to often say 'Damn it'!

• sad
Reactions: Kokoloko

Calverz

28 Mar 2023
So they are porting the 360 versions of the HD collection to modern consoles? But I can already play these on my series x and my series s? I can play mgs 1 on my series x through duckstation with geometry correction and 4K resolution. Will this do the same??