Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't if it is game related but I think it is somehow :p
Meta revealed that its Reality Labs metaverse division lost over $3.6 billion in the third quarter of 2022, compared to $2.63 billion at the same time last year.

This year continues to be challenging for Meta's metaverse ambitions. In Q2 2022, the project lost a reported $2.8 billion. According to the quarterly report, Meta's Reality Labs has lost over $9.43 billion year-to-date.

"We do anticipate that Reality Labs operating losses in 2023 will grow significantly year-over-year," the report read. "Beyond 2023, we expect to pace Reality Labs investments such that we can achieve our goal of growing overall company operating income in the long run."

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Absolutely brutal, Intel is in an even worse position... I believe they sunk 11 or so Billion into Research and Development and the tax breaks only go so far.

I must get the details of this and post later...

But big tech is suffering.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ethomaz

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Honestly don't have much faith that VR is going to be anything but a decent niche for companies like Sony trying to carve out a couple extra billion for gaming.

The Meta's of the world aren't interested in that, they want the next $50+ billion "thing"...

So does MS with Gamepass though, and they heavily missed their subscriber targets... suggesting what I've been worried about.. that they have way overshot their load thinking Gamepass and specifically game streaming would take off. They aren't in that business to make a couple extra billion in gaming.. they are in it to create the next 10's of billions of dollars revenue stream for MS. I think they have a lot of patience for it though, but I imagine nobody is happy with the recent tapering off... as Phil Spencer said in an interview they think they've nearly maxed out their console userbase subscribers... meaning, they are sitting around waiting for game streaming to take off big and have people spend $15 a month to stream games to their phones by the 10s or really 100s of millions.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Absolutely brutal, Intel is in an even worse position... I believe they sunk 11 or so Billion into Research and Development and the tax breaks only go so far.

I must get the details of this and post later...

But big tech is suffering.
Intel is down but profited.
$1b GAAP + $2.4b non-GAAP.

Plus they announced $10b in cost reduction for 2023 to 2025 that is what made share go up… they set a strong plan based in efficiency.

The revenue and profit down were what analysts expected... no big surprise.

Intel expect more economy uncertain in 2023.

Last edited:
  • brain

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Honestly don't have much faith that VR is going to be anything but a decent niche for companies like Sony trying to carve out a couple extra billion for gaming.

The Meta's of the world aren't interested in that, they want the next $50+ billion "thing"...

So does MS with Gamepass though, and they heavily missed their subscriber targets... suggesting what I've been worried about.. that they have way overshot their load thinking Gamepass and specifically game streaming would take off. They aren't in that business to make a couple extra billion in gaming.. they are in it to create the next 10's of billions of dollars revenue stream for MS. I think they have a lot of patience for it though, but I imagine nobody is happy with the recent tapering off... as Phil Spencer said in an interview they think they've nearly maxed out their console userbase subscribers... meaning, they are sitting around waiting for game streaming to take off big and have people spend $15 a month to stream games to their phones by the 10s or really 100s of millions.

Yeah, they'll be waiting!

I have zero faith in cloud gaming taking off, ever.

Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Im still not sure what metaverse is supposed to be that animal crossing or any big online game doesn’t do more successfully at this current moment in time.

D

Deleted member 13

Yea, I read up on that earlier and that's a huge miss! Stocks are already in bear market territory with some losing 80% of their value since this year began.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Nothing last forever. Facebook itself seems like it’s becoming less relevant than ever.

To me it seems like users prefer the pocket sized shorts of Instagram, tik tok and Twitter.

I don’t buy metaverse. And until MS or meta nail some government contract in this space to bring public education into it… it’s a non mover imo (and that’s something I’d hate to see but inevitable).

I love seeing these giants fail some times… especially when I’m not a fan of their products to begin with.

Hopefully Disney takes a shit next

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
11k people will be fired.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Where’s all the virtue signaling like Twitter?

I’m loving this. Shit product

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Where’s all the virtue signaling like Twitter?

I’m loving this. Shit product

Agreed, shit product. The only reason why I keep my facebook is because my grand parents use it and being on a different country, it's the best way we have to communicate (messenger). Other than that, I really don't care about it.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Agreed, shit product. The only reason why I keep my facebook is because my grand parents use it and being on a different country, it's the best way we have to communicate (messenger). Other than that, I really don't care about it.
Facebook was awesome to find and talk with far away family or old college friends.

Said that it is too Ad focused with videos each two posts today that the original purpose is lost… I barely enter there… sometimes a month without enter… I still enter when my wife post my child pics from her cellphone.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Sure Facebook is kinda obsolete and most people prefer micro media snapshots of their lives on IG, TikTok and whereever else you can go to see cat pics and titties.

But… I meant Metaverse. It’s garbage, it’s a giant flop and no one gives a shit. It’s video game software being passed off as a service of some kind when any mmo or animal crossing is bound to do it all better.

Well not until they score that government contract for meta (or zoom) school forcing poor parents in poor neighborhoods to stay home and not be able to work so one zoom teacher can fail 200 kids at once than 30 so education will no longer provide its other primary function; daycare…

I’m rooting for monumental failure. Let’s go!

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Facebook was awesome to find and talk with far away family or old college friends.

Said that it is too Ad focused with videos each two posts today that the original purpose is lost… I barely enter there… sometimes a month without enter… I still enter when my wife post my child pics from her cellphone.
I only ever use the messenger app and the marketplace.

I also took the time to unsubscribe from all posts and notifications to be sure not to fall into doom scrolling.
Animation Scrolling GIF by Carlotta Notaro

• fire
Status
Not open for further replies.