Microsoft Quietly Cancels $1 Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription Offer

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
hi-fi-rush-protagonist.jpg

Microsoft has reportedly removed the $1 Game Pass Ultimate offer from its storefront, Twitter users are currently reporting, and this can be confirmed by a visit to the store itself. The deal allowed you to get access to the first month of the subscription service for one dollar, and then pay $15 for each subsequent month if you wanted to keep the subscription active.

It's not really a drastic change, as this offer only affects those who are new to Game Pass Ultimate. It is highly plausible that this was done to combat those who subscribe to Game Pass via the Gold workaround.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I would have paid $1 to try Starfield but sure as hell won't pay $15. Abusing trials was pretty much all the value Gamepass provided compared to just waiting for a promo when it comes to games I'm not sure about.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I'm curious if MS will put out an official statement on this. If it's true, then it's interesting that they didn't even wait until there's a definitive answer with ABK. Plus, it's a risky move considering their recent hardware sales figures and reports that Game Pass subscription rates are stagnating. Current subscribers may be willing to give up the loophole, but there might be issues with attracting new subscribers.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
I'm curious if MS will put out an official statement on this. If it's true, then it's interesting that they didn't even wait until there's a definitive answer with ABK. Plus, it's a risky move considering their recent hardware sales figures and reports that Game Pass subscription rates are stagnating. Current subscribers may be willing to give up the loophole, but there might be issues with attracting new subscribers.
With their large cash reserves they can take a risk. It's true, they responded to their puppet Tom Warren https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/26/23657627/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-trial-offer-stopped

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

We all knew this would happen sooner or later, gold conversion will be next. Its not an official price increase but its cutting out the loop holes which is the same thing.

The actual price increase will come later this year

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I find it hilarious that the people who were spreading and praising the service were the ones using and abusing that trick.
I wonder if the subs will drop now, because, time as passed and those were not increasing.

Increase in the price of the service is an certainly.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
I give them untill end of year to raise prices. I think 15 to 20$ per month for base model with AB games. If they thought ms s charity they re in for ride awakening. Still think Phil s shaking. Imagine if they dont raise GP subs to 50M or something. Shareholders ll want some heads.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I give them untill end of year to raise prices. I think 15 to 20$ per month for base model with AB games. If they thought ms s charity they re in for ride awakening. Still think Phil s shaking. Imagine if they dont raise GP subs to 50M or something. Shareholders ll want some heads.
If they get CoD but the price is raised by $60 a year and they stop the easy ways to abuse it. :ROFLMAO: