Microsoft says 10 years is ‘sufficient for Sony to develop Call of Duty alternatives’

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Capture.jpg
Mehhh most of us understand the complexities and ppl working behind the scenes but truth is they also rely on old, established tech that's been used for years and years. One step forward two steps stuck in time. There are a few companies nowadays that make super big budget games and have dozens sometimes over a hundred ppl invested in making one game. Of course creating a new studio to do this work would be an unrealistic challenge but tht isnt necessary and that's the case for any caliber of high quality game out there now e.g. a "TLOU", Horizon, etc...

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

where is this from?

What source? This was my whole argument that, COD has over 3000 developers dedicated to that IP, there's no way Microsoft nor Sony could make something like that in 10 years time.

Especially when you consider Cod has been out for like 20 years and no one has made anything to challenge it in that time.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
where is this from?

What source? This was my whole argument that, COD has over 3000 developers dedicated to that IP, there's no way Microsoft nor Sony could make something like that in 10 years time.

Especially when you consider Cod has been out for like 20 years and no one has made anything to challenge it in that time.
Someone posted the image on Twitter. I think what Microsoft is cleverly doing is trying to creating a doubt and see if it works. COD casuals are not loyal to any console. The thought that COD might skip PS consoles in future might make many fans to leave PS in the next few years.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Someone posted the image on Twitter. I think what Microsoft is cleverly doing is trying to creating a doubt and see if it works. COD casuals are not loyal to any console. The thought that COD might skip PS consoles in future might make many fans to leave PS in the next few years.
Many fans won't leave for that, at most ppl will buy two consoles. Of course a few casuals will change eco systems. But even then if the acquisition happens it will happen with a guarantee COD will be on Playstation for many years. Yes, we know the bs Microsoft is trying to do, luckily so does the cma and ftc :)

Last edited:

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
where is this from?

Looks like it’s from a developer which makes it even more telling

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Apparently, Redfall was also going to be on Playstation before the buyout, as sourced from a French IGN article linked on the Playstation OT on Resetera. (Seems like the only part of that forum that isn't all in on the acquisition and Playstation hate.)

Screenshot_20230322_104942_Chrome.jpg

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Reminds me of the tweets by ID Software devs before the consoles released and shorty thereafter and how pissed they were with the S. All evidence of course wiped once MS bought them. Can't be talking shit about your employers product.

• they're_right_you_know