Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Someone brought up a good point about if Microsoft is still trying to plead with the cma with their own “survey” via axios, then that means they weren’t serious about meeting the remedy’s need to appease the cma. And Sony met with the cma again either today or tomorrow.
Yep, and apparently at the end of the month, the CMA will publish the different companies' responses to the provisional findings.

Reactions: Dabaus

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Lol, yes.

Evilore would never sell, after all this time it’s likely all he knows

Can't see anyone offering more than 100k and I wouldn't pay more than 50k for it tbh.

Especially since I'm sure a lot of the viewership and members are bots or socks.

D

Deleted member 417

Can't see anyone offering more than 100k and I wouldn't pay more than 50k for it tbh.

Especially since I'm sure a lot of the viewership and members are bots or socks.

At this point, the vast majority of accounts are either bots or paid-for marketing accounts. Before Alexa rankings disappeared, Gaf had dropped to 45,000 and 1/3rd of the posters were registered in India. Make of that what you will.
I literally have no idea how much profit it makes
Enough to keep Evilore's shower warm.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So sony met with the CMA either yesterday or today right? What do you guys think microsofts next pressure campaign will be to try and sway opinion? Yesterday was their fake poll leaked to axios. It is strange how low key they are considering theyre refusing to accommodate cma requests about divesting.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
So sony met with the CMA either yesterday or today right? What do you guys think microsofts next pressure campaign will be to try and sway opinion? Yesterday was their fake poll leaked to axios. It is strange how low key they are considering theyre refusing to accommodate cma requests about divesting.
Endless articles about the EU being on board and how the CMA need to get with the program. Also articles about how the FTC subpoena will prove that Sony are "cheating" against MS using 3rd party deals. It is weird that MS aren't as loud as they were with the EU hearing though.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Endless articles about the EU being on board and how the CMA need to get with the program. Also articles about how the FTC subpoena will prove that Sony are "cheating" against MS using 3rd party deals. It is weird that MS aren't as loud as they were with the EU hearing though.
Because probably things are not going their way, they always get quiet when things go wrong.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Gaf? No. Before the split yes, after no. Reputation damaged, growth prospects - small. Whether someone believes the split was fair and justified or a successful coup for self enrichment of a few (which we all know it was).

I think shortening the website url to iconera.com is a better bet. ;)

Plus more outreach to PS influencers and such. Game streaming and guides is also a growth area if somehow you can get it to work under the iconera banner and umbrella.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I would estimate that from advertising... anywhere between 700 to 1,500 per month.

But I could be way off.

That is based on the sketchy info that they get 2.1 million views a month. Which could be wrong.
Thats it? And I assume that’s revenue you are estimating. Curious what it would have been doing during its glory days.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75