MS comments on the Sony Showcase

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Philosophical question for you guys... if a game comes to XBOX but doesn't go to Gamepass... will an XBOX fan ever play it?
Yes, elden ring and hogwarts both sold well on xbox. The more interesting question is if a good indie or A/AA game goes to xbox not on gamepass... the answer is clearly no.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Philosophical question for you guys... if a game comes to XBOX but doesn't go to Gamepass... will an XBOX fan ever play it?
There's a big chunk of Xbox players who don't rent GP, so I assume they may buy games.

Also, I assume GP users will mostly only play GP but from time to time, maybe once or twice per year there will be one game they really look forward to it but isn't in GP, so may buy it.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
Yes, elden ring and hogwarts both sold well on xbox. The more interesting question is if a good indie or A/AA game goes to xbox not on gamepass... the answer is clearly no.
Do we actually know the platform split on Elden Ring or Hogwarts? Btw, not sure why there's a line through what I'm saying, are the mods telling me something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
If Andrew House was still in charge there would be a full on war!!! Ah I miss those times.