Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
234601_16x9_2UP_Points_01-f3cc4cf397fd714908dc.jpg

Get ready to unwrap your December Games with Gold lineup! On Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, it’s a double helping of 2D side-scrolling fun with Colt Canyon and Bladed Fury.
Xbox Live Gold members will have exclusive access to these games for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. So will Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, who receive all the fantastic benefits of Gold plus access to hundreds of high-quality games with Xbox Game Pass.

• Colt Canyon ($14.99 ERP): Available December 1 to 31
  • Bladed Fury ($19.99 ERP): Available December 16 to January 15
Colt Canyon

Hold on to your hats, partner. Let me tell you a tale ‘bout a gunslinger that’s been left for dead and his partner kidnapped. It’s time for you to head out to Colt Canyon, an unforgiving western landscape filled with hidden treasures, weapons, danger, and bloodthirsty scum. Shoot your way through and maybe blow a few things up with TNT along the way with a spaghetti western soundtrack humming in the background. Save your partner and other innocents, and if you’re lucky, you’ll have a blast doing so and won’t end up as buzzard food.

Bladed Fury

Accused of murder and exiled, Princess Ji goes on a breathtaking, action-packed journey to prove her innocence, rescue her sister, and blaze a trail of bloody vengeance. Unleash your side-scrolling skills in this classic 2D game based on Chinese mythology. Take on ancient enemies and gods using high-octane combo attacks! The art and sound design are gorgeously rendered, mixing traditional flourishes with a surreal edge.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I would say offer 1 good game instead of 2 that nobody wants.... or don't bother with free games and just make gold cheaper... but what do I know?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
MS was forced by Sony to match game offerings with Gold when PS Plus became mandated for PS4. Sony, in order to not cause a raucous with those accustomed to free-online from the PS3 era, and drive adoption offered these monthly games to differentiate from Gold as a better value alternative. Neither would be compelled to do even such if in a total monopoly position. However, to see MS scrap the bottom of the barrel sooner than Sony, despite being the third place actor with an incentive to offer more, while being big pocketed, says all you need to know about MS. If you ever needed just but one more perspective or example of the literal thousands available as it regards to their behavior, and how they conduct business, in gaming and elsewhere. I guess it's literally back to 360 days, how it was always meant to be :LOL: aka you get jack shit. Budget is clearly for "Gamepass". Problem is, how do you merge Gold with Gamepass if Gamepass is at a much higher starting asking price. Gold becomes Gamepass lite or essential? :ROFLMAO: That would dilute Gamepass brand perception since the lite offering is terrible and they're desperately trying to avoid that since Gamepass is literally make or break for them now. Solution would be to simply merge both and Gamepass pricing adjusting to Gold but that would be a price drop and higher expenses, and the Gold price increase saga says it all about where their brains are at. They for sure won't give Gold away, its literally free money.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Bryank75 and Satoru
P

peter42O

Thats a pretty stupid argument, it doesnt affect me so there is no problem

Personally, I don't see there being a problem because once they eliminate Gold, my belief is that online co-op/multi-player will be free like it should be. Games with Gold is trash every month so once Game Pass hits a certain amount of subscribers, Gold and the online paywall will be dead. Just a matter of time.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Personally, I don't see there being a problem because once they eliminate Gold, my belief is that online co-op/multi-player will be free like it should be. Games with Gold is trash every month so once Game Pass hits a certain amount of subscribers, Gold and the online paywall will be dead. Just a matter of time.
You are deluded. MS' whole business model is to get you stuck in their ecosystem and nickel and diming you for all eternity.

How can anyone believe that the company that requires proprietary expansion for their systems' storage that costs as much as their base console does will somehow decide to give away the online services they've had you paying for for 20 years? Especially with a CEO who wants to make every single product of theirs into subscription services, it suggests a level of credulity that borders on ridiculous.

P

peter42O

You are deluded. MS' whole business model is to get you stuck in their ecosystem and nickel and diming you for all eternity.

How can anyone believe that the company that requires proprietary expansion for their systems' storage that costs as much as their base console does will somehow decide to give away the online services they've had you paying for for 20 years? Especially with a CEO who wants to make every single product of theirs into subscription services, it suggests a level of credulity that borders on ridiculous.

Maybe I am. We'll just have to wait and see.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I would say offer 1 good game instead of 2 that nobody wants.... or don't bother with free games and just make gold cheaper... but what do I know?
I'm not terribly up-to-date on the particulars of XBLive Gold, PC GamePass and XB GP, and XCloud these days, but surely they're at the point that they could cut down to at least 2 if not 1 sub/service?

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
Status
Not open for further replies.