OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13

I started this sticky because it seems like it would be something where people could share their feelings about how another site got them banned permanently or simply wanting to discuss the strengths of another site over this one.

Remember the rules : NO personal insults of people regardless of site!

You can troll all you want in here about rules, mods (of other sites) behavior, or simply just drama as a whole but please stay away from speaking bad OUR people here. You have PMs for that.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Talking about gaf specifically.

I will say that I got along extremely well with the mod team over there, never had any issues with them, Evillore treated me pretty well, and Mod of war was pretty excellent, by far their best mod.

The only thing i really disliked about the place with the amount of unchecked Gamepass advertising that went on there, some of the users were complete and utter shills, posting in every single thread with the usual "Best deal in gaming rubbish"

I am really happy I remained at the site for as long as i did, i have met so many awesome people who I am now friends with.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

My experience with GAF is the exact opposite from @Sircaw. I only got along with the mods at the very beginning of the end of the mass exodus for the scandal that Evilore had.

I got under Mod of War's skin for preaching about the PC and it's graphics tech compared to consoles - specifically the PS consoles because I felt a lot of the Sony guys there had their heads too big when in truth, they was just very proud of the PS exclusive games and wanted to show that pride.

In a twist of fate, I became friends with a lot of the Sony guys that did get banned from other sites and we all decided to come together with our differences and start this new forum where people can actually HAVE strong contrarian opinions and still be a good place to share and interact with one another.

Reactions: laynelane

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
My experience with GAF is the exact opposite from @Sircaw. I only got along with the mods at the very beginning of the end of the mass exodus for the scandal that Evilore had.

I got under Mod of War's skin for preaching about the PC and it's graphics tech compared to consoles - specifically the PS consoles because I felt a lot of the Sony guys there had their heads too big when in truth, they was just very proud of the PS exclusive games and wanted to show that pride.

In a twist of fate, I became friends with a lot of the Sony guys that did get banned from other sites and we all decided to come together with our differences and start this new forum where people can actually HAVE strong contrarian opinions and still be a good place to share and interact with one another.
I believe in letting bygones be bygones except in the came of @kyliethicc.

Liverpool supporters are where I draw my line at.

Work From Home Art GIF by Joan Kamberaj

Anyways, looking forward to hearing people's experiences.

@Gamernyc78 has something to share with his flight simulator experience lol

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
I signed up at Gaf sometime around 2011. Then I followed the crowd over to ResetEra after the drama of 2017, not really knowing what had happened. I soon realised everything I hated about Gaf had actually gone to ResetEra, so I went back to Gaf and found it was better than ever.
Then Evilore lost his mind after Jan 6 and banned all his loyal members who had stuck by him and supported him during and after the 2017 exodus.

This ultimately lead to the creation of dpad.life by the community of banned members. I was there from day one on this one. The site had a lot of promise and potential, but unfortunately the mods at dpad now treat their members like children, causing several members and many of the most active contributors to leave.

And so now here I am here.

Edit: I ended up talking things over with the mods and decided to give the forum another shot. However the website is worse than ever unfortunately. The moderation is totally inconsistent based on who you are and if your views align with the owner. One of their latest mod tactics is if you do something that they disagree with they send you a group PM between you and all the mods and question you on it. Like an interrogation. They've driven off a few users in the past couple months with this. Then when the users leave they change their username and avatar to something petty and insulting. I'm back on the ban list because I jokingly called the owner Evilore, and then posted a meme about a topic that's banned (This is not stated anywhere in their rules). Sure enough, a few days later someone else posted a meme on the same topic. Nothing.
The site has recently had a large number of xbox console warriors sign up too. Mod's don't seem to have any issue with it.

Last edited:

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

Maybe if you werent a insufferable PlayStation hater People will take you seriously, but if you are changed i wellcome you, you are a smart guy

Last edited:

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
I apologize for writing “you are literally the biggest fucking loser I know.” It was wrong of me to phrase my response in that manner and I sincerely hope the community will forgive my egregious, but objectively factual observation.
brap, is that you you silly goose you?
unknown.png

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Oh I remember my first days of GAF, I was an ignorant Xbot and got banned on my first week for using the word 'Pony'

I behaved myself pretty much after that lol.
They banned me due to talking to folk about this place. Best move ever imo.

Now I am a disgruntled Xbox fan who wants them to get off there asses and do better, and love what Sony has to offer in gaming. Best of both worlds.