OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That's why this place was made, many thought that moderation was way off on Gaf.

How on earth has Senjutsu Sage been on there for so long? The guy is pure toxic along with many others.

I was banned in several consecutively questionable circumstances... one where I was verbally attacked and cursed out by another member and when I reported him, I was ignored and then decided to give as good as I got. Then one ban was for saying Jim Ryan and Sony almost seemed like they sold out and that the meeting between Sony Ceo and MSFT Ceo was super suspicious....

It's all bizarre and the only thing that makes sense is that money is at play behind the scenes.
Senjutsu Sage making shit up all the time. he is either mod, or was told don't touch.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Looks like the mods are back from their long weekend. OlderGamer is whining that his posts are being deleted for "Gaslighting". That guy is seriously on his own little planet with his insistence that the FTC will lose in court and Sony will be destroyed by what is revealed in the trial.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

@KiryuRealty - in case you haven't read the Terms of Agreement here on this website, we don't condone personal attacks and you clearly have done so with me and a few other founders here.

You don't need to be so abrasive just for the sake of being one. This is a community that's trying to avoid excessive moderation but at the same time don't want people coming in here and trolling people thinking there are no rules to the site and can say whatever they want.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Lord Mittens

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It honestly seems like Tyler saw ad impressions shoot up due to the insanity being posted by the Xbox shills and has decided to let it roll to try to make a buck.

The moderation started out pretty good in 2018 when the site was trying to rise from the ashes of the Reeeebellion, but it felt like, once things were rolling along, Malka decided he didn't like the new user base and wants it to be the same cliquish, echo-chamber of approved mono thought that it was before the woke meltdowns and GamerGate hit.

Though, they ALWAYS have had an issue with not handling platform warring from PC gamers the same as they handled console warriors, due mainly to Malka being a PC gamer himself. There is a very toxic core to the PC contingent on that forum that they have NEVER done anything to clean up, and now the Xbox shills are being allowed to be just as toxic.

Honestly, if my account wasn't unapproved still, after 8 years now, I would probably be banned from there within a week or so. I'd rather be here than there, glad I found this place. I guess a mod missed scrubbing this forum's name from the post I found it in.

Yes, they edit other forums' names out of posts, but they don't clean up the cesspool of guerrilla marketing that has festered there for years.

Well I am glad some people are starting to find this place and I hope we can be more balanced and succeed where Gaf failed in this area at least.

I was also a lurker up until around 2018 and agree when I joined the moderation was great. Wish they had stayed the course.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Well I am glad some people are starting to find this place and I hope we can be more balanced and succeed where Gaf failed in this area at least.

I was also a lurker up until around 2018 and agree when I joined the moderation was great. Wish they had stayed the course.
There is a nice little community here, lots of good people and a few rotten ones, I won't mention any names.

black and white raven GIF
Star Wars Vacation GIF by Disney Parks
gamer.jpg 36.jpg 42.png

I am glad you made this place.

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
No matter how strict places like ResetEra or NeoGAF are you always know when someone has been actioned and WHY. They don't hide it.
Honestly, I wouldn't take the ban rationales on ResetEra as gospel. Those are only there for the administrators to set a narrative and give the illusion of transparency. They often don't even match the reasons given in the unban tickets. The admins make all of their decisions in an invisible bubble that no one can see. Their "modwhining" rules (which are literally enforced as "contradicting the staff in any way") are there to keep people from exposing them or calling them out on their bullshit. Even calling their rules "strict" is misleading, because those are enforced wildly inconsistently and at the whim of administrators that don't have any integrity.

Case of point, I'm suing them for defamation of character within the coming months over this gem*. I sent them a legal notice warning them as such and they ignored it, which means this is probably going to have to go to court.

rUUJsOw.jpeg

(Yes, there's absolutely a story here. The short version is that there was no harassment or disrespect leading up to the permanent ban, or anything that can be loosely construed as such. Their real reasons for banning me involved a multi-paragraph rant from Hecht about how I'm annoying and won't let people enjoy things, and Transistor telling me that I'm "making people miserable" by criticising an upcoming video game, even though many people have thanked me for the level of detail and effort I put into my posts. The rationale you see above was added days later as a retroactive attempt to justify an otherwise unjustifiable ban.)

That being said, we should make a distinction between the administrators (the people running the site) and the moderators (who are usually volunteers). Many of the moderators I have interacted with (such as Jawmuncher and Queen Vulpix) are great people that don't deserve any kind of condemnation. As someone who stayed off of sensitive threads and mostly frequented the PlayStation, Silent Hill, DC Games, and horror communities, I also think the community itself (despite there being some toxic elements) is great and the people I hung out with are awesome. It's just a shame that the site is controlled by unscrupulous jerks that moderate it as their own personal sandbox and use bans in the same way a Redditor uses downvotes.

I'm actually the last person I ever expected to get permanently banned from that site, because I had been a productive member of that community for years. To give one example, I had been regularly updating the Silent Hill OT with any news, merchandise, interview updates, and Masahiro Ito's Silent Hill tweets, which is another thing I've been thanked for by multiple people. I even earned the site positive media coverage for one of my posts (a couple of them: 1, 2) and I was hoping to get my own flair at some point. Predictably, several people were upset to learn I was banned.

It stings, but at the end of the day, there's a reason why when people read the ban rationale, their first thought is "What the f**k? I know Darkknight2149 can get passionate, but that doesn't sound like them." Meanwhile, the ResetEra administrators are downright infamous for banning people for asinine and arbitrary reasons.

From what I'm reading on this thread, D-Pad sounds even worse though.

*The term "gem" here is used ironically and sarcastically to express derision of the dishonesty of the rationale

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Honestly, I wouldn't take the ban rationales on ResetEra as gospel. Those are only there for the administrators to set a narrative and give the illusion of transparency. They often don't match the reasons given in the unban tickets, and the administrators make all of their decisions in an invisible bubble that no one can see. Their "modwhining" rules (which are literally enforced as "contradicting the staff in any way") are there to keep people from exposing them or calling them out on their bullshit. Even calling their rules "strict" is misleading, because those are enforced wildly inconsistently and at the whim of administrators that don't have any integrity.

Case of point, I'm suing them for defamation of character within the coming months over this gem*. I sent them a legal notice warning them as such and they ignored it, which means this is probably going to have to go to court.

rUUJsOw.jpeg

(Yes, there's absolutely a story here. The short version is that there was no harassment or disrespect leading up to the permanent ban, or anything that can be loosely construed as such. Their real reasons for banning me involved a multi-paragraph rant from Hecht about how I'm annoying and won't let people enjoy things, and Transistor telling me that I'm "making people miserable" by criticising an upcoming video game, even though many people have thanked me for the level of detail and effort I put into my posts. The rationale you see above was added days later as a retroactive attempt to justify an otherwise unjustifiable ban.)

That being said, we should make a distinction between the administrators (the people running the site) and the moderators (who are usually volunteers). Many of the moderators I have interacted with (such as Jawmuncher and Queen Vulpix) are great people that don't deserve any kind of condemnation. As someone who stayed off of sensitive threads and mostly frequented the PlayStation, Silent Hill, DC Games, and horror communities, I also think the community itself (despite there being some toxic elements) is great and the people I hung out with are awesome. It's just a shame that the site is controlled by unscrupulous jerks that moderate it as their own personal sandbox and use bans in the same way a Redditor uses downvotes.

I'm actually the last person I ever expected to get permanently banned from that site, because I had been a productive member of that community for years. To give one example, I had been regularly updating the Silent Hill OT with any news, merchandise, interview updates, and Masahiro Ito's Silent Hill tweets, which is another thing I've been thanked for by multiple people. I even earned the site positive media coverage for one of my posts (a couple of them: 1, 2) and I was hoping to get my own flair at some point. Predictably, several people were upset to learn I was banned.

It stings, but at the end of the day, there's a reason why when people read the ban rationale, their first thought is "What the f**k? I know Darkknight2149 can get passionate, but that doesn't sound like them." Meanwhile, the ResetEra administrators are downright infamous for banning people for asinine and arbitrary reasons.

*The term "gem" here is used ironically and sarcastically to express derision of the dishonesty of the rationale
NeoGAF’s ban reasons are as bad as they were before the Reeeeeepocalypse, and they’ve stopped linking the offending posts for most of them.

The way GAF has been the last few weeks, I’m thinking the mods have quit, the shilling is out of control, people are admitting that they’re on alt accounts and the general quality of the board is the worst it has been since before the Reeeeepocalypse.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Honestly, I wouldn't take the ban rationales on ResetEra as gospel. Those are only there for the administrators to set a narrative and give the illusion of transparency. They often don't even match the reasons given in the unban tickets. The admins make all of their decisions in an invisible bubble that no one can see. Their "modwhining" rules (which are literally enforced as "contradicting the staff in any way") are there to keep people from exposing them or calling them out on their bullshit. Even calling their rules "strict" is misleading, because those are enforced wildly inconsistently and at the whim of administrators that don't have any integrity.

rUUJsOw.jpeg

Well, you are most welcome here @Darkknight2149

We made this place due to what we perceived as a huge amount of astroturfing and corporate interference with the forums, we don't know the exact details but we think much of it was felt through moderation practices and posts that sounded like advertising more than genuine posts of a forum-goer.

We try to keep things as A-political as possible, I believe there is plenty to talk about between gaming, film, music, cars and all the other hobbies...so why let it divide us if we have so much in common? Plus politics is different all over the world...

Anyway, if you ever need anything, just message me. If you know any others that might have interest in the place, please let them know about us!

Also @Angie is here and a few others that used to be on Reset... like @saintjules too.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

We made this place due to what we perceived as a huge amount of astroturfing and corporate interference with the forums, we don't know the exact details but we think much of it was felt through moderation practices and posts that sounded like advertising more than genuine posts of a forum-goer.

We try to keep things as A-political as possible, I believe there is plenty to talk about between gaming, film, music, cars and all the other hobbies...so why let it divide us if we have so much in common? Plus politics is different all over the world...

Anyway, if you ever need anything, just message me. If you know any others that might have interest in the place, please let them know about us!

Also @Angie is here and a few others that used to be on Reset... like @saintjules too.
Whatever you do @Bryank75, don't piss this guy/girl off, I am not getting sued, not at least until springtime when it gets warmer, imagine going to court right now.

Nyc Snowboarding GIF by Mic

Angie

Forum Veteran
5 Jul 2022

I was the one that suggested Dark to join.
I need a place to keep remind them that Bloober is in charge of Silent Hill now.

Dark hates Bloober lol

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I was the one that suggested Dark to join.
I need a place to keep remind them that Bloober is in charge of Silent Hill now.

Dark hates Bloober lol
Thanks for nothing @Angie,

I recommended @Craig of War, @DynamiteCop and @Oogabooga to this site, if you don't know who they are, check the ban list.

Your quality-over-quantity gig is giving me a bad name around here.

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75 and Satoru

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
Whatever you do @Bryank75, don't piss this guy/girl off, I am not getting sued, not at least until springtime when it gets warmer, imagine going to court right now.

Nyc Snowboarding GIF by Mic
Haha.

To be fair, it's not like I go around making legal threats or anything. This was just an instance of actual libel, which wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have a reputation outside of ResetEra. (Besides, hiring a lawyer for this suit is stretching my finances. I wouldn't have the money for frivolous suits. I also saw some people on that site using that ban rationale to make fun of Silent Hill fans in general, which isn't good.)

You guys don't have to worry about me attacking the staff over a ban, especially a one-week ban of all things. I did get into a flamewar with the admins after the ban was made permanent (which started because I used the ticket system to call them out on their dishonesty, not even the ban itself, which led to them firing back with snark, which escalated the exchanges from there). However, I was very polite and cooperative in my appeals, as I was for the duration of my time on the site.

The idea that the ban was made permanent due to "harassment of staff," and the ticket system was used to "continue" said harassment, is just a lie. I would dare any ResetEra administrator reading this to prove that actually happened. I was shocked at how brazen they were to change it to that.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Haha.

To be fair, it's not like I go around making legal threats or anything. This was just an instance of actual libel, which wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have a reputation outside of ResetEra. (Besides, hiring a lawyer for this suit is stretching my finances. I wouldn't have the money for frivolous suits. I also saw some people on that site using that ban rationale to make fun of Silent Hill fans in general, which isn't good.)

You guys don't have to worry about me attacking the staff over a ban, especially a one-week ban of all things. I did get into a flamewar with the admins after the ban was made permanent (which started because I used the ticket system to call them out on their dishonesty, not even the ban itself, which led to them firing back with snark, which escalated the exchanges from there). However, I was very polite and cooperative in my appeals, as I was for the duration of my time on the site.

The idea that the ban was made permanent due to "harassment of staff," and the ticket system was used to "continue" said harassment, is just a lie. I would dare any ResetEra administrator reading this to prove that actually happened. I was shocked at how brazen they were to change it to that.

We try to use bans as a last resort here anyway, everyone can have a bad day now and then... it's the general behavior that matters most (unless something absolutely outrageous is said.)

Libel and defamation are real problems in todays world and can ruin many opportunities for people, so I wish you all the best with the issue / case.

I've definitely seen Resetera lack discretion in their use of libelous terms when banning people.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Boy, the carnival of stupid is NOT taking the latest market research well.

The claims that there were never supply issues for Sony and that Xbox is neck-and-neck should be grounds to lock someone away, as they have clearly either lost touch with reality or been brainwashed.

Kinda funny to see the GAF mods now cracking down on Xbox shills, after the holiday shopping season ended. Almost like the cheques to look the other way ran out in January... Too bad some of those worthless posters have decided to drop thou here instead.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Still confused how I got banned from neogaf with no warning or reason - only to find out hours later , a mod was writing that I was spamming everyone to go to another forum - thing that never happened, then he proceeded to DM some people saying I was one of those crazy ERA guys.
At least I can laugh now. All of it was very ridiculous!

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Still confused how I got banned from neogaf with no warning or reason - only to find out hours later , a mod was writing that I was spamming everyone to go to another forum - thing that never happened, then he proceeded to DM some people saying I was one of those crazy ERA guys.
At least I can laugh now. All of it was very ridiculous!
You always got a home here bud, Stuff like that will not happen here.

And it's great to see you again.

Life is still good I hope 😍.