OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
What? He isn't. He's a miserable poster that is always crying and whining about every single thing and believes he's entitled to everything. Truly a manchild. The only pro-something he is, is pro-whining.
You did not have to go for the balls straight up lol

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Actually, it annoys me A LOT people like Elder Legend and Slimy himself that whine over and over about "lAcK oF sOnY uPdAtEs" as if it meant something when it is known since HFW that they have changed their strategy and are doing smaller hype cycles because it simply works better for games instead of doing year long marketing campaigns that are, not only tiresome, but expensive (looking at you Deathloop).
More: No one is forced to indulge your anxiety impulses. Go play games or seek a therapist if the lack of news makes you nervous ffs.
End of rant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

I don't like how shills come here and say that it's a bad thing that this forum is pro-sony. It's one of the most chill places to post because people want to talk gaming and not marketing or made up numbers.

In the end, it's just a forum and it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but it is a bit frustrating.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I don't like how shills come here and say that it's a bad thing that this forum is pro-sony. It's one of the most chill places to post because people want to talk gaming and not marketing or made up numbers.

In the end, it's just a forum and it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but it is a bit frustrating.
I wonder if they would say the same about places like XboxEra.

/s

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

You only see MS people complaining about this, from era, to GAF and even f*cking system wars, it’s always Xbox people crying.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

You only see MS people complaining about this, from era, to GAF and even f*cking system wars, it’s always Xbox people crying.
I feel sorry for Nintendo fans the most. Every forum is drowned out by Ms fans attacking Sony fans and their rebuttals. console wars were never fun, but they seemed less...insane, than they do now.

I'll take list wars and in-depth graphical analysis over "my games are free and better than yours"

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
He replied to me in that thread but when I went back my post was deleted so I didn't have time to read what happened 🥲

I don't remember Elder being that bad on GAF. He has issues obviously.

It's not really balanced anymore. I can't think of any big hardcore Sony fan that posts there actively and regularly. They're all quiet.
It might be more of a love-hate thing than a big hardcore thing, but I wish SlimeySnake posted here too. And Bo H.

Some days I used to just get on and read the interactions of people who either understood more, or could explain my ideas in a similar way but much better. When people would get banned over there it was crap, cause you'd lose most of your interesting discussion makers.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It might be more of a love-hate thing than a big hardcore thing, but I wish SlimeySnake posted here too. And Bo H.

Some days I used to just get on and read the interactions of people who either understood more, or could explain my ideas in a similar way but much better. When people would get banned over there it was crap, cause you'd lose most of your interesting discussion makers.
I know all the best posters were banned. It's becoming another Era where all the PS fans were silenced and they stay hidden in the OT.

@Bo_Hazem has an account here, he might respond if you tag him.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I know all the best posters were banned. It's becoming another Era where all the PS fans were silenced and they stay hidden in the OT.

I left of my own accord are you saying I am "not a best Poster"

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
What? He isn't. He's a miserable poster that is always crying and whining about every single thing and believes he's entitled to everything. Truly a manchild. The only pro-something he is, is pro-whining.

that sounds about right nicolas cage GIF by Saturday Night Live

I don’t really care what platform you prefer i just hate annoying entitled people that talk like they hate video games every single day in every single thread.

If the world isn’t making video game specifically for them they just derail and throw tantrums.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I feel sorry for Nintendo fans the most. Every forum is drowned out by Ms fans attacking Sony fans and their rebuttals. console wars were never fun, but they seemed less...insane, than they do now.

I'll take list wars and in-depth graphical analysis over "my games are free and better than yours"
Its worse than that, pretty much every big Nintendo community is full of SocJus bullshit and other non-vg related group-think. Its incredibly obnoxious not having places to talk about video games without some jobless bucket of mental problems shut-in telling you what thoughts you can and cannot have. In regards to taste in games this forum's tastes are very different from my own but its the only place I feel I can actually post without having to worry about offending the wrong person over, well, anything. Say Harry Potter is good.... ban. Say "crunch" is overblown... ban. Say *insert influencer here* is obnoxious... ban. And, lets be clear here, I don't talk or think politics all the time, and I'm not a right wing bot, I have something like 250 posts here and maybe 10 are politics-adjacent but the mere fact that you have to tip-toe around actual game-relevant discussion because "politics" is ridiculous.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Its worse than that, pretty much every big Nintendo community is full of SocJus bullshit and other non-vg related group-think. Its incredibly obnoxious not having places to talk about video games without some jobless bucket of mental problems shut-in telling you what thoughts you can and cannot have. In regards to taste in games this forum's tastes are very different from my own but its the only place I feel I can actually post without having to worry about offending the wrong person over, well, anything. Say Harry Potter is good.... ban. Say "crunch" is overblown... ban. Say *insert influencer here* is obnoxious... ban. And, lets be clear here, I don't talk or think politics all the time, and I'm not a right wing bot, I have something like 250 posts here and maybe 10 are politics-adjacent but the mere fact that you have to tip-toe around actual game-relevant discussion because "politics" is ridiculous.
oh, for sure. noone is gonna ban you for your opinion. you can even slightly offend someone personally (but don't have a habit for that or spread it in multiple posts) and you good. you will never 100% agree with someone anyways, so you have to be flexible and not hold long into the things which aren't in your control.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Actually, it annoys me A LOT people like Elder Legend and Slimy himself that whine over and over about "lAcK oF sOnY uPdAtEs" as if it meant something when it is known since HFW that they have changed their strategy and are doing smaller hype cycles because it simply works better for games instead of doing year long marketing campaigns that are, not only tiresome, but expensive (looking at you Deathloop).
More: No one is forced to indulge your anxiety impulses. Go play games or seek a therapist if the lack of news makes you nervous ffs.
End of rant.
Point in fact: if Sony had of announced/shown TLOU P1 at any earlier stage of development, there would have been the time to hear the "no TLOU2 controls!" drama and either drop that bomb earlier/better and explain why, or indeed pivot and include them as one of the many sandbox/accessibility toggles. Similarly, they could have included a Remake of Factions 1,.and avoided the whole "worth the price?" kerfuffle.

The execution is wank, and I won't hear any different. Occasional State Of Plays and Showcases that still somehow feel mostly filler. Fucking tell/show us more!

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
You know things are bad when Slimy is considered a pro-Sony fan by the xbots. Are you going to dogpile him next?
I always got the impression he was a Sony fan more, but increasingly fed up with Sony's choices/direction, no?

Dunno what's happening now if it's XboxGaff, but there was deffinately a time when even critising Sony as a Sony fan felt like it was received in a blasphemous way.

So... When are we selling tickets for SlimeySnake vs Yurinka's official debate thread? When is BryanK gonna do a podcast with a listener mailbag? Don't talk to me about no Discord, some of us are getting older lol.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I always got the impression he was a Sony fan more, but increasingly fed up with Sony's choices/direction, no?
For sure he plays more Sony games but his whole brand his shitting on Sony for every single decision and he criticizes everything they put out. He fits more with the Xbots than other Sony fans. I'm not surprised AdamGPT likes him. They all do. He gives them ammo all the time so they tolerate him.

It's still sad they categorize him as a "Sony fan" because they ran out everybody else.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Ho boy when even the diehard sony fans want to distance themselves from someone, must be a real special one.

Dunno what's happening now if it's XboxGaff, but there was deffinately a time when even critising Sony as a Sony fan felt like it was received in a blasphemous way.

No, it still leans more heavy towards Sony, but many people here saying otherwise are likely ones who have been banned there so there's a bit of persecution complex seeping through, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

Ho boy when even the diehard sony fans want to distance themselves from someone, must be a real special one.

No, it still leans more heavy towards Sony, but many people here saying otherwise are likely ones who have been banned there so there's a bit of persecution complex seeping through, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

Hello! I don't game a lot lately, or at all since GOW:R. I mostly post on GAF for laughs and banter with my fellow xbots like adamasapple. Now that we have him here I should stalk his ass around.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Nobody likes Slimey, Adam. The same way nobody likes Bernd or Craig of War. There are rotten apples in every basket.