OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I would say Hello games are the exception to the rule, they have gone far beyond what was expected of them.

I know they had a rough start but hats off to them for turning it around, I don't see many games studios doing what they did.

And as for red fall, it's just a waste of resources now, better to bury it and move on to the next project.

Again it's entirely up to Arkane and MS at the moment. If MS is willing to give them the time and budget Rare got with Sea of Thieves, they could very well make it a fan favorite.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I feel like gaming talk in forums are way too toxic these days with the acquisitions talk and now the showcase debacle. I think I’m taking a break from forums for a while, maybe I’ll be back in a week or two.

You guys notice how @Swift_Star takes a break when @Sleepy Brown gets a ban.

Coincidence, I don't think so.

shake it off taylor swift GIF by Vevo

cya when your back, hugs😍

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This guy is having a meltdown on Era because people are daring to be suspicious of Starfield due to BGS track record.

Post in thread 'Forbes : "I Don’t Even Understand How ‘Starfield’ Exists"'
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forbes-i-don’t-even-understand-how-‘starfield’-exists.731406/post-107489934

And then you see this sane guy rooting for MS acquisitions and crying when people say MS it’s a monopolistic company.
I'm more worried about that ridiculous article from Paul Tassi. All the journalists are losing their minds. Astroturf campaign in full force.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Era is in full force defending 30fps. Now, you all know I’m fine with 30fps. Been playing totk and will play ffxvi in 30fps. But the hypocrisy is evident and super annoying.

It's that same hypocrisy we saw when the Zenimax acquisition happened - all points of complaint were brushed aside. When the ABK acquisition was announced, all of a sudden all these defenders (who favour XBox) popped up to rationalize every fault and mishap. I've seen so many people being supportive of ABK and people like Lulu simply because of that. Were this Sony doing the acquiring, the very same people would be talking about toxic workplaces and union busting non-stop.

It's the intellectual dishonesty and shallowness on display that makes it all so gross.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I'm more worried about that ridiculous article from Paul Tassi. All the journalists are losing their minds. Astroturf campaign in full force.
They are mad FF16 is taking the limelight right now and so soon after the starfield showcase. Some of it has to do with shoving starfield in the faces of playstaion fans, but alot of playstation fans are to busy with ff16 to pay attention.

7pnzom.jpg

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Veiled platform wars happening at era right now:

Thread 'Deciding between PS5 and Series X as a primary platform for the generation'
https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...a-primary-platform-for-the-generation.732297/

The amusing part of this thread is that the forum has clearly more PS inclined users but the xbots are way too vocal and protected by the mods, giving the impression that most of the forum are xbots.
Turns out the ps users stick mostly to the ps ot and ps games discussion threads.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Veiled platform wars happening at era right now:

Thread 'Deciding between PS5 and Series X as a primary platform for the generation'
https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...a-primary-platform-for-the-generation.732297/

The amusing part of this thread is that the forum has clearly more PS inclined users but the xbots are way too vocal and protected by the mods, giving the impression that most of the forum are xbots.
Turns out the ps users stick mostly to the ps ot and ps games discussion threads.

I meant to tell people.... the 'Nesbot' on Twitter that auto-tweets for Resetera is dead / banned by Twitter.

So that will probably hurt them for traffic and members.

Not surprised with how vocal the Xbox crowd are there, ever since they sold to that corporate entity it has really taken a dark turn.... the place obviously has a deal made with Xbox, that or the mods have overseen a complete micromanagement of the forum to amplify the Xbox voices and silence or minimize the PS fans.

Quite a few have told me that they stick to the PlayStation OT strictly. It's obviously not a good place to be a PS fan.

BigSkinny

27 Apr 2023
I brought up the idea of a Reee User’s Union and no doubt they closed the topic. Mods always scared to be called out on their shit. Hide behind that power. I was banned for a few days and went to appeal with a detailed base of evidence and they denied it behind some bullshit excuse. It’s an oligarchy between mods and select users.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

interesting video on the Saturn. You've got people in the comments blaming Sony and calling them the MS of the 90s though.
I keep telling people XB isn't as big as it doth protest.

US = 'MURICA product
UK = some "we blame Sony for SEGA's death"
Japan = "Xbox who?"

I love SEGA even more than on-the-ball-Sony. I'm the guy who reckons with 1/2 more years and a 2nd DC, DC would have gotten XB live (Broadband Internet play), and motion controls and dvd playback, and would have still been like "that" against Sony. But even I would blame a SEGA of Japan and MS combo, before I would Sony.

You know what XB is? It's a tinted sickly green, ill fated pre-release Half Human Sonic, from the Sonic movie strutting around thinking they are cool like SEGA, but Still wondering why no one likes it.

sonic-movie-1556891872.png

Reactions: AshHunter216