OT | God of War Ragnarök - Includes spoilers!

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Hi all. Thought I'd create an OT for God of War Ragnarök since we've been extensively using the review thread to discuss it, and the rules are not very clear on spoiler discussions. I'd like to lay some ground rules I'm sure most of us, if not all, will agree to, so as not to ruin anybody's experience.
  • Spoilers are allowed, however you MUST use the spoiler tag
That's it, pretty simple!

1173124.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: EDMIX
OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm really interested in knowing how they will tie Angrboða to this story. For those that don't know, Angrboða is what can be considered one of Loki's partners and the mother of Hel, Jörmungandr and Fenrir. There was this theory by Mimir about Thor and Jörmungandr having a fight that could have taken them back in time, so I'm wondering if they will stay consistent with the mythology and just go the long way around it

D

Deleted member 13

Hi all. Thought I'd create an OT for God of War Ragnarök since we've been extensively using the review thread to discuss it, and the rules are not very clear on spoiler discussions. I'd like to lay some ground rules I'm sure most of us, if not all, will agree to, so as not to ruin anybody's experience.
  • Spoilers are allowed, however you MUST use the spoiler tag
  • Please do not quote spoilers. The tag doesn't work on quotes.
That's it, pretty simple!

1173124.jpg
Can you merge the two threads into 1?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Spoiler tags? LAME

I guess I’m done discussing this game here.

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Can you merge the two threads into 1?
One thread is focused on review scores, while this thread is spoilers discussion. They serve different purposes and should stay separate, to make it easy for people to avoid spoilers. :)

D

Deleted member 13

One thread is focused on review scores, while this thread is spoilers discussion. They serve different purposes and should stay separate, to make it easy for people to avoid spoilers. :)
I got ya.. well, the last few pages of the review thread should go into this one.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Just got to Loki’s dream section of the game, holy shit. There is no way Elden Ring gets game of the year😂😂😂.
I had to turn off performance mode to experience this level in true 4k. SSM are gods.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
About ironwood portion

Dude if they’re passing the torch to Loki and his girlfriend … fuck this game. I’ll never buy a sequel and possibly boycott any further game from SSM. God I hope it’s a swerve. That shit sucked in Halo 2. Sucked in MGS2. If they Abby Kratos fuck this shit. This section is also going way too long. Overstaying it’s welcome for sure. I want to play as Kratos damn it!

Edit: just turned it off; can’t take anymore of this section. It’s so goddamn long I just want it to end. I’m done for the night. Totally killed my vibe

Last edited:
OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@Vertigo if you're not discussing this game, why are you posting spoilers on the review thread? This is the thread to do it.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
@Vertigo if you're not discussing this game, why are you posting spoilers on the review thread? This is the thread to do it.

Dead thread. Waste of space. Like community forums. You only need one active topic for discussion.

I will discuss the game where active discussion actually exists. Might as well move the entire review thread here from its launch date forward. It’s not like we are talking about scores there… we’re actually have a more important discussion; the game itself.

So what? Take over this thread myself? I’d rather not.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

Master of the Dark Side
18 Jun 2022
Dead thread. Waste of space. Like community forums. You only need one active topic for discussion.

I will discuss the game where active discussion actually exists. Might as well move the entire review thread here from its launch date forward. It’s not like we are talking about scores there… we’re actually have a more important discussion; the game itself.

So what? Take over this thread myself? I’d rather not.

Review thread has been archived. Further discussion about GoW Ragnarok can occur in this thread. Please use spoiler tags to discuss key game mechanics and plot points.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
This is some of the best lighting and material work I’ve seen so far on ps5. Disabled blur and camera shake completely. Very crisp in 60fps mode.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Satoru
OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is some of the best lighting and material work I’ve seen so far on ps5. Disabled blur and camera shake completely. Very crisp in 60fps mode.

This. I've seen some people say they can see a resolution gap between 30 and 60 FPS modes, but the later is so crisp I honestly doubt it (without massive magnification that is).

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
This. I've seen some people say they can see a resolution gap between 30 and 60 FPS modes, but the later is so crisp I honestly doubt it (without massive magnification that is).
It's very likely you will notice sharper details in quality mode, but it's well worth giving them up for the fluidity of 60fps imho

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I finished it last night, clocked in at 42 hours with a good majority of side content done.

Amazing time, looking to see what the end game looks like tonight

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I finished it last night, clocked in at 42 hours with a good majority of side content done.

Amazing time, looking to see what the end game looks like tonight

Nice! Please no spoilers :) and if I may ask...

I basically got to the part where Freya becomes my companion. How far along into the story am I? I think this is still early but I'm not sure. No spoilers please, just give me a ballpark

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Nice! Please no spoilers :) and if I may ask...

I basically got to the part where Freya becomes my companion. How far along into the story am I? I think this is still early but I'm not sure. No spoilers please, just give me a ballpark

Still early :)