Phil Spencer speaks sense for once - already getting lined up in the scope sights of left activists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

Xbox Exec Praises Devs For Releasing Games Amid Culture of ‘Cancellation'​

“It feels like today seeking joy is an act of defiance,” Spencer said.

“Our creators who bravely and intentionally release their visions to the world, particularly in the current culture of criticism and cancellation; our players who bravely and intentionally carve out time for our games to invite, rest, and rejuvenate their lives;”

This amidst Hogwarts Legacy and those who choose to play under the constant attack of woke activists, and High On Life with the creators current legal battles surrounding abuse. Spencer is essentially rejecting the premise.

Some comments on the article…..

”Whining about cancel culture? How inspiring and joyful!”

“A statement like that makes me think he’s got a Elon blowup doll somewhere with fuckholes in them. “

etc.

For me at least it feels like its the first time Spencer is speaking like a human and not some sugary PR machine. How will this end for him and his Careeer, thoughts?

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I'm seeing this trending on twitter and the people demanding cancellation against him for saying this are absurd to say the least.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
We are trying to stay as A-political as possible. This topic already also exists.... so if you want to add to it and say that Phil has been targeted by activists, that is fine.

Sorry for closing the thread but we must maintain the spirit of the forum. <3

Reactions: LuptonianPrinceHDR+
Status
Not open for further replies.