PlayStation Earbuds and Project Q Announced - 8 inch screen remote device

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Take a sneak peek at new accessories revealed at today’s Showcase — the Project Q device for playing games installed on your PS5 and streamed over WiFi, plus our first official wireless earbuds offering lossless audio on PS5 and PC.

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced a new PlayStation streaming portable device, ‘Project Q’.

Announced during a PlayStation Showcase event on Wednesday, Project Q is described as “a dedicated device that enables you to stream any game form your PS5 console using remote play over wi-fi”.

According to SIE, the device has an 8-inch 1080p HD screen and all the buttons and features of the DualSense wireless controller.

Fw7AVJiaEAM4DV_

Fw7AXYRacAE8bd1

Fw7AbhlacAA5c_N

Last edited:

Red2Radio

Icon Extra
13 Mar 2023
Germany
I wanted a new PSP/Vita, and instead we get this. Terrible form factor, streaming only, will probably have an insane price. Just buy an Android handheld at this point, you can play emulators, Android games AND stream not only PlayStation, but also Xbox games for far cheaper. Really don't know who this is for as someone who had the tiniest bit of hope for that thing.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
I don't get where they thought it would be a good idea to even make, I don't get how Sony's research team thought it would be a good idea to make a streaming device, like who did they speak to and asked if Sony needs to make a streaming device only. This honestly pisses me off, Sony is sitting on a damn gold mine, we have the tech to make dedicated hardware that is almost in spec as a PS5.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I would say it's for me, but even I think this thing should have local storage for game downloadability.

If this is quoted as "Remote play over WiFi", it's gonna be useless outside the home/on data, right? Can it even do PS+ streaming?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This thing is pretty much a piece of trash nobody asked for. Literally. Its a thing that will probably sell <1M units and make fuck all profit. Meanwhile a PSP2 or PSVita2 would sell at least 20M units. but that would take some effort to actually release games for the fucking thing.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
I would say it's for me, but even I think this thing should have local storage for game downloadability.
You could already do that with PS Remote Play and use a dedicated controller for mobile, backbone makes them for both devices.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
What a stupid idea to release something like the Q, I would not even get it if it was free... There is no good place in this world for that kind of e-waste.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Sony is trying so hard to be like apple but unlike Apple they don't release what their base wants. Was it so hard to tweak what the Switch did and release it?

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony is completely lost and just coasting on PS4 success and lack of competition.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Sony is trying so hard to be like apple but unlike Apple they don't release what their base wants. Was it so hard to tweak what the Switch did and release it?
Yes. This is an accessory. A dedicated handheld would require way too much development support