PlayStation Factions Civil War

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Fans can be your harshest critics. I don't feel malice in the posts here in the last few days. I think it comes from a good place. They're worried about the future of the brand.

I can tell right away when it's actual Sony haters or xbots pretending to be a fan.
I know, but one thing is reasonable and constructive criticism.

A different one is to have a childish attitude rejecting a fact like some official factual data or some quote from a direct source about a topic, saying that they are lying and that what really is happening is the opposite, and to keep spamming about that.

This doesn't protect the brand. This only creates FUD, negativity and toxicity around the brand and its fanbase. And makes some people leave the community because can't stand childish fanboys spamming nonsense.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I picked nuanced before even reading the post. But based on the description I’d be closer to doomer haha. That said I think “doomer” is a little much at this stage.
I agree, "doomer" is too strong a word. I also don't agree with a lot on the doomer list. I just have a negative outlook on how it -appears- that Sony's leadership is changing course for its game output. I just feel like Sony is one of the last bastions of the well-polished, greed-free single player AAA games on the market and so I'll be very critical of things that I feel threaten that. I'm also aware that if left unchecked one of the things that corporations love to do to pad out their finances is to outsource the risks and monopolize the easy money. In AAA gaming there's very little that's riskier than new, fresh single player IP. I see this outsourcing risk strategy very much in play with how Sony is funding startup studios to pilot these AAA game pitches. I just don't want them to turn their core studios into the "easy money" factories focusing on MTX-ridden trash heaps.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Kinda cute of Yurinka. Intellectually dishonest as they come.

Showing teeth... I like it.

Tough finding out his style of conformism and brand loyalty is not quite fitting in with the group. Odd man out these days... we got quite a few. The problem of course is that one group will claim dominance, and the other will submit or stay at the margins. Voting with your mouth if you will - democracy in action. That will always be the way in critical and sensitive matters on any topic there is for the human race - this is no different. Fault lines are being created as a result of the direction this leadership has decided to take the brand through - it's just that simple. PS has 150m in their ecosystem - that's a decently sized mid-power population of a nation. In this part of town on the wide web - one group has claimed dominance already by words, deeds, actions and presence.

Hell will freeze over when the PS fanbase vocality is controlled by the conformists, and brand cheerleaders no matter what. Corporate slavery and bootlicking will always find loud resistance. It's the human condition. Not to mention the many pitfalls - a false sense of comfort, stagnation and the like... beyond being plain disgusting.

The direction of the brand is NOT dictated completely by the TOP suits (they're not all knowing, they're not your friends, or your daddies or your god, their dictates are not law). Fans have a say and they're exercising that right - and this is mostly, as a whole, a warning shot of nonconformity to that plan. The problem is of course that some control freaks have a problem with the way that's being done or so they posit - whether it's too loud, whether it's wrong in this respect or that respect.... ALWAYS the same BS from those who hurry to clamp down and smoove the landing of a plane on a steep nosedive.

The conformist and corporate bootlickers offer nothing except conformity and acceptance of the direction and plan laid before them - it's the sole essence of the pushback against those who do not conform. "Jimbo and Hermen are all bright and knowing - how dare a lowly nobody fan question them and the brand?Trust the plan! Trust the plan!" . Except of course they do not position their arguments in that manner - no one outs themselves like that. They'll try to do the best job at coating that message with different words in different arguments. It all boils down to all sorts of intellectually dishonest distractions. Some however do not even understand their condition on a conscious level - I've seen some.... so this type of conflict creates cognitive dissonance in their brain cause for them "everything was fine till yesterday" - those need an adjustment process to digest what's happening around them while their default response is "everything is fine".

Anyways. trying to herd the fanbase to fall in line is disgusting and repulsive and those engaged in that activity lower themselves to new lows every time. Throwing some labels like "Sony hater" won't do much more - it just means there is desperation in the air cause nothing is sticking - so the ante on the attacks intensity. "Fall in line you must" - one way or another - whether through "reason" aka intellectually dishonest BS, or through shaming (in this case), coercion and force. As I've said, if that's the only thing you have to offer to the discourse - you can, gladly, fuck off.... cause everyone can get that from a PS Blog Post by paid PS marketing employees, its suits and media plants - we don't need that from you, get a grip - we can go to the source.

"PS haters" 🤡🤡

Nothing like a good "war" to weed out the trash - they stick up high. Like in any war, you find those who have it in them, you find those who do not, you find those who prefer to stay out, or skirt, or flee. You find those who are incompetent, and those who are not. A most interesting human process to watch and understand provided it's on insignificant matters grand scheme that don't involve humans killing each other and being a side-product (the actual horror of war).

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
More my style:

A must: an annual E3-like Showcase (live-fan service included) - per tradition. Doesn't mind State of Plays as a side-dish.
Anti-Jim Ryan - snake oils salesman without carisma (actually a + cause Phil is a likeable snake thus the bite is worse when unexpected).
Anti-Herman - for sure - another BSing snake oil salesman. Too up his ass every time he speaks.
Anti-Shawn Layden - proudly boasted on a podcast he pushed for this PC shit and that it was his idea. Comes from the camp of anything > $0 is a positive (go where the audience is). Total nutty!
Anti-PC ports - most def.
Not necessarily Anti-GAAS but prefer only at most a 20% fraction of SIE publishing efforts to be directed at the transient fad - not 50% or close to 50% of resource allocation (god forbid anything greater). It's a fad just like the FPS rush of the X360/PS3 era and likewise, it already has a big graveyard of games and studios with more to go.

Not Anti-Bungie in the slightest, but yes anti new Bungie IP's being multiplat - the fuck? You snatch Xbox's crown jewel and don't use it as a weapon except for an income stream to fatten the coffers?
Kaz Harai / Shuhei Yoshida/ Mark Cerny / Andrew House / Jack Tretton Club
Anti-PS5 PRO. PlayStation doesn't need to become like PC in the slightest - it's a bad trend. Hardly justifies itself and prays on the worst aspect of tech consumerism. Only useful to justify a long generation like the X360/PS3 generation, not a short one like the PS4.
Traditionalist - FULL BLOWN.
Likes to keep their games separate from their movies and TV shows - Absolutely.
You are 90% doomer. Thus you should vote it up. Not everyone gonna have every point checked.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
You are 90% doomer. Thus you should vote it up. Not everyone gonna have every point checked.
I already voted. Doomer is a Gen Z term that is way too cliche for my tastes but whatever. It ain't that serious lol.

Closed Traditionalist
Open Traditionalist
Liberal (as per the term definition - not political)

Would be a better breakdown imo.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't bootlick corportations, I only accept and explain facts independently if I like them or not.

Instead of rejecting reality of things I dislike and creating and believing baseless conspiracy theories and stuff proved to be wrong, just for the sake of creating hate to a corporation and their heads because I dislike a small part of what they do, even it it's something they must to do to be able to continue doing the other things I like. Because as a selfish kid I prefer them to destroy their business rather than see them doing games for other type of players that aren't myself in top of the games they do and I like.
You take this stuff way too seriously and lack sense of humor, is you job to shill for Sony or something?

So what if Doomers end up being wrong and Sony has a ton of hidden single player AAA games including new IPs.

I became an Xbox Doomer in 2009 and I was right but it's not like it my fault what happened to Xbox.

If Sony is going to go all in on GaaS and have Bungie shape them, then the PlayStation I like is dead no mater it's revenue ou how many units it sells.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
We don't own PC,or Xbox and we are anti multiplat releases of Playstation exclusives. We want traditional Playstation experience that everyone loves. How are you defining us as haters? It is you who are dooming playstation by supporting the Xboxing initiatives lead by Hulst and Ryan.
Yea, I don't underdtand how someone can like this direction and not also be an Xbox fan since this is pretty much what Xbox has done since forever. Bet on GaaS and PC. I hate Xbox precisely because of that, years and years of bad and uninspired games trying to chase some recent trend or buy their way into success.

To me the person is either a modern multiplayer fan (something I'm not) or a typical fanboy who won't dare question anything.

PlayStation only has value to me if it continues to be unique and focused on the quality AAA games I own it for. If it doesn't do that what is the point? Better to just go stutter on PC.

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yea, I don't underdtand how someone can like this direction and not also be an Xbox fan since this is pretty much what Xbox has done since forever. Bet on GaaS and PC. I hate Xbox precisely because of that, years and years of bad and uninspired games trying to chase some recent trend or buy their way into success.

To me the person is either a modern multiplayer fan (something I'm not) or a typical fanboy who won't dare question anything.

PlayStation only has value to me if it continues to be unique and focused on the quality AAA games I own it for. If it doesn't do that what is the point? Better to just go stutter on PC.
And if they want GaaS, then that's 90% of games in any store front. Go play them. Why do they need the other 10% to turn GaaS?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You take this stuff way too seriously and lack sense of humor, is you job to shill for Sony or something?
I don't take it seriously, I don't really care. I'm just tired.

So what if Doomers end up being wrong and Sony has a ton of hidden single player AAA games including new IPs.
We already know it's the case.

PS Studios has "more than 25 games" (1st + 2nd party, pretty likely over 30 specially if counting VR, and even more if counting ports) under development and only 12 are GaaS, meaning over a dozen of their games under development aren't GaaS.

We should count how many of these more than a dozen Sony published non-GaaS titles already are announced, including the Asian ones they are plublishing (you know, the Japanase 2nd party publishing team that according to you was shutted down but announced several games since then), but I'd say they already have around half a dozen non-GaaS titles announced or at least we know they are working there.

• Spider-Man 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • Convallaria
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Lost Soul Aside
  • Wolverine
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Star Wars KOTOR remake
  • Horizon 3
  • Bend's new IP features MP elements but may not be GaaS
  • Pretty likely Team Asobi's next game
  • Pretty likely Ballistic Moon's game (seems an Until Dawn like game)
  • Pretty likely Firesprite's (mentioned in a job opening) horror narrative adventure, which I assume isn't Twisted Metal (I assume they are also working in Twisted Metal and that it could be GaaS)
  • Pretty likely Cory's new IP if it really exists
  • Pretty likely Ghost of Tsushima 2?
  • Pretty likely Media Molecule's game?
  • Pretty likely Housemarque's next game?
  • Pretty likely some 1st/2nd party game announced I forgot, maybe for PSVR2?
  • Pretty likely some other unannounced 2nd party game?
They have many non-GaaS titles under development, and many of them still to be announced or shown. But being under development doesn't mean they are ready to be shown right now.

Last edited:

JDefective

28 May 2023
I think I'm part of the Nuanced for the moment.
Anti Jim Ryan (because that guy just has a simple personality and I think he doesn't want to be on social media because maybe he doesn't want anyone give their complaints to him or something)
So, I'm more of a Bloomer...
I'm already waiting for the next Showcase or (hopefully) Spider-Man 2 State of Play
I believe Sony is hiding some of the good stuff because why won't it? The showcase was disappointing.
I understand the Gen Z aesthetic because I was born in the millennium.
I'm interested to watch any PlayStation property turning into a show or a movie (where's my Ratchet & Clank animated series or the next R&C film?)
And I'm always waiting in the dark to see what's next from Sony, even though I always get excited for any future announcements from them.

Also, I support Herman Hulst and Bungie. Because Hulst is an developer like Shu when he was the president of Worldwide Studios for some quite time and Hulst repeats almost every time that single-player games are part of Sony's DNA and they're important to Sony and I think Bungie is doing the right thing to evaluate Sony's live service games like what they're doing to The Last of Us online game because The Last of Us Online needs to maintain an audience in a big way for a long time and it could drive players more and more like Destiny is for some people.

Video games are video games. Good games go successful, bad games go rot.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think I'm part of the Nuanced for the moment.
Anti Jim Ryan (because that guy just has a simple personality and I think he doesn't want to be on social media because maybe he doesn't want anyone give their complaints to him or something)
So, I'm more of a Bloomer...
I'm already waiting for the next Showcase or (hopefully) Spider-Man 2 State of Play
I believe Sony is hiding some of the good stuff because why won't it? The showcase was disappointing.
I understand the Gen Z aesthetic because I was born in the millennium.
I'm interested to watch any PlayStation property turning into a show or a movie (where's my Ratchet & Clank animated series or the next R&C film?)
And I'm always waiting in the dark to see what's next from Sony, even though I always get excited for any future announcements from them.

Also, I support Herman Hulst and Bungie. Because Hulst is an developer like Shu when he was the president of Worldwide Studios for some quite time and Hulst repeats almost every time that single-player games are part of Sony's DNA and they're important to Sony and I think Bungie is doing the right thing to evaluate Sony's live service games like what they're doing to The Last of Us online game because The Last of Us Online needs to maintain an audience in a big way for a long time and it could drive players more and more like Destiny is for some people.

Video games are video games. Good games go successful, bad games go rot.

For me, I am leaning negative on Herman due to misuse of developers (ND making a GAAS etc), PC ports and buying Nixxes and the obsession with GAAS studios regarding acquisitions.

If he made some good single player focused acquisitions, adding major IP's. Revealed some new IP's from 1st party and recovered from this ND fiasco / showed he was not going to task single player studios with GAAS nonsense, then I would be 100% behind him.

I liked the Bungie acquisition though, because I play a lot of Destiny and it should have taken the pressure of GAAS off the other studios.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
For me, I am leaning negative on Herman due to misuse of developers (ND making a GAAS etc), PC ports and buying Nixxes and the obsession with GAAS studios regarding acquisitions.

If he made some good single player focused acquisitions, adding major IP's. Revealed some new IP's from 1st party and recovered from this ND fiasco / showed he was not going to task single player studios with GAAS nonsense, then I would be 100% behind him.

I liked the Bungie acquisition though, because I play a lot of Destiny and it should have taken the pressure of GAAS off the other studios.
This is where's I'm at. I'm willing to give Jim some leeway because he has a proven track record and he's done a bang up job with the PS5 weathering the Covid storm.

I have zero faith in Hermen after the showcase. I didn't like him replacing Shu from the start but was willing to give him a chance. But to see focusing so much on GaaS while also using first party studios to further push his obsession is a hard pill to swallow.

I still can't believe he allowed the opportunity to buy Crystal Dymanic and the Tomb Raider IP pass him by and land in Embracer's lap. One of his biggest Blunders so far.

Losing the Persona and Yakuza franchise. Tho I have a small glimmer of hope Shu was able to secure some deal for Persona 6 years back before he left? Hopefully.

We've seen 3rd party relationships slip under Hermen, losing Remedy to Epic another Blunder.

The gutting of studios and support studios at a time when they should be staffing up. Not to mention the obvious bias of instilling so many Guerilla staff into upper management, the 2019 coup continues.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Same.
I complain about Jim and Hermen alot. But Im reserving my judgement for now. I dont play any Gaas atm, but I did enjoy and put alot of time into games like Destiny.

So it kinda depends on the results.

A.) If Naughty has been working on a single player game ontop of Factions 2. Both realease, happy days.
Im actually excited about Factions 2 being Gaas. Id gladly play a TLOUFactions 2 in a Destiny/online/gaas type of game. Naughty Dogs story driven style in an online coop/pvp world… count me in.
So strangely, Gaas title by ND could mean loads of story driven gameplay but its just online, Im down.
Ill wait another year if I get a deep online game where I can build factions, bases, have a team, play PVE/PVP in a active TLOU world... Im repeating myself Lol.

B.) They have been putting all the main teams on Gaas titles and little work has been done on the single player games.
Then this would = bad.

Im just waiting till the end of the year for final judgement. Or release dates. If ND comes out next year and says 2025/2026 release date for there single player game then that would suck. Same with GOT2, Cory’s game and others. But something tells me they are all working on stuff.

People keeping saying Gaas. But lets look at the last 3 years.

PS4:
TLOU2
Dreams
GOT

PS5:
Demons Souls
Spiderman MM
All Stars
Returnal
Ratchet
Horizon 2
God of War R
GT7
TLOU1 Remake

Yes most those were all done before Jim and Hermen and I hate the lack of news by PS these past years. And tbh, there should of been a bit more which is what worries me.
But at least we have:

Announced or coming soon:

-Spiderman 2 ( Single player )
-Wolverine -Newish IP/ Single Player
-Marathon - Gaas
-Death Stranding 2 - Most Likely Single player
-Ronin - New Ip - Single Player
-Concord -Gaas
-Fairgame - Gaas

4/7 games are Single Player games. Insomniac main teams working on Single player games thought

Plus 3rd party indie deals like:
-FF16
-Forspoken
-Stellar Blade
-FF7 Remakes
-Kena
-Stray
-Sifu
-Phantom Blade

Not including KOTOR.

TBH only ND’s Factions 2 team has been working on Gaas officially. And we don’t know how many team members from the main team was on there.

Guerilla main team worked on single player
Santa Monica - Worked on Gow and rumoured Cory Balrog game - Both single players
Sucker Punch - Most probably working on GOT 2 and a multiplayer mode like the first game

Bend - ?? - Sounds like it also has MP
BluePoint - ?? New game, so either a sequel to established series or brand new ip
House Marque - ?? New ip supposedly

Outside of ND and we dont even know the studio information, most the main teams are or have been working on single player games. Only the newly acquired teams Haven, Firewalk, Bungie are releasing Gaas games.
Most the 3rd party exclusives are single player games.
4/7 titles announced since 2021 1st party titles are Single player games. Not including KOTOR lol…

Like I said, Im not saying its all good news. Ive been vocal about Jim and Hermen alot, what they done with Japan Studios and the shows/reveals in the last 4 years etc. Plus lack of 3rd party deals ( Sega/Fromsoft etc )
But Im holding back full judgement till I hear what the main studios teams are working on ( ND, Santa Monica, SuckerPunch, Guerilla, BB etc ) and how far away they are from being released.

Fingers crossed they have alot cooking, used the expanded teams well and release dates will come soon after reveal like TLOU1 Remake.
We’ll soon find out if Jim and Hermen has messed up PS or just having a slower reveal strategy ( which Im not a fan of)

One thing I will agree with is the marketing strategy/news/annoucements have been very poorly done last few years. There should be more information on all 1st party stuff and 3rd party deals.

Im holding back on judging 1st party management, but Im gonna complain about 3rd party right now lol.
There should be more 3rd party exclusives too. PS4, three years in had at news or 3rd party exclusives released like Persona 5, Bloodblorne, Yakuza Zero/6, Dragon Quest, Until Dawn, Hell Blade, Detroit ontop of Japan Studio games like Gravity Rush 2, Last Guardian and the great Knack 2.
3rd party is something I have more complaints about compared to the 1st party. But again, are Sony holding back showing these kinda 3rd party deals or have they lost a great strategy..? We’ll find out soon.

On the good news… Jim said we’re not porting PS5 games until 2-3 years which was a positive surprise. The focus on Japanese Market I will wait on.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Doomer with a pinch of salt: PC ports initiative is not the boogeyman this forum makes it out to be.

It's not, but it's symptomatic of a problem. Bringing the marquee traditional games to PC, at least in any timespan that isn't several years out, dilutes the brand prestige of the console, impacts its selling power, and removes some of the magic of those games in terms of audience attention and covet-ness. Nintendo understands these concepts very well (almost stubbornly so), which is why you have not once heard anything about PC for their games and never will until their console business completely falls apart.

PlayStation is arguably stronger than ever sales-wise but Sony are potentially dulling that with the PC ports of their strongest brand games. PC ports, even Day 1, for the GaaS titles is of no issue: those aren't specifically recognized as the core pillar of PlayStation's 1P prestige brand-wise, though they can join such if successful enough. Those kind of games also just generally benefit from as large a player pool as possible.

But the marquee, traditional games should be 5-6 years out between console and PC by default, save the PC port for within a year of a new console-exclusive sequel. That time can be shorter if the new console game is an expansion rather than full-on sequel (ala Miles Morales) since those take less time, but the pattern should be maintained regardless. If it's a game that they know is never going to get a sequel, or underperformed (for whatever reason) at retail, then maybe that 2-3 year window Jim Ryan mentioned could be applied. You still find ways to push the game within your own hardware ecosystem first and foremost, but if say after 2 years it just didn't find an audience on console, then maybe a PC version would help it find an audience.

That's just simply not going to be the case with the vast majority of the traditional AAA 1P games, though. We know this. So they would only need to justify making the porting windows that short, very rarely.

Also I dunno what you're talking about WRT Spiderman 2, the public response to the gameplay is overwhelmingly positive. The gameplay looks fun, the set pieces were cool..what is this idea that sequels need to completely reinvent the wheel every single time? Even TOTK uses tons of the same game mechanics from BOTW, and it's a great sequel regardless. Besides I'm sure Spiderman 2 will have new game mechanics in there, ones that make sense and add to the game.

Even the graphics are pretty great, considering it's open-world. It may not have the LOD of HFW Burning Shores (yet; the graphics will be improved over the coming months) but they are also going for a different aesthetic. I think the visuals could benefit from more volumetric particle effects, dust in areas like the warehouse, and some better water body collision physics for characters & objects landing into it (and maybe some more detailed textures here and there) but the recipe for a great art style and technically sound & impressive visuals is clearly already present.

Anyway to the thread topic itself, if it isn't obvious I would probably be a Nuanced type. However I do share some tendencies with the Doomers: I don't agree that a PS Showcase should be used for film trailers (especially if they are rehashes of trailers already released) just because the film's based on a game. Make another event for the PS-tied multimedia stuff, you can tie it in right after the Showcase the way MS does Zenimax stuff after the Xbox Showcase. I'm Anti-PC ports but only WRT the traditional marquee AAA games, and only for windows that are unreasonably short. At most IMO, those ports should be several years later and only within a year's time of a new console exclusive entry releasing. And I guess I have to be Pro PS5-Pro now because seems like Tom Henderson knows his shit when it comes to the current crop of Sony console hardware projects, he did get the Q-Lite more or less 100% right.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Do y'all want Playstation to wait until after CoD goes exclusive to start developing online games. They're doing exactly what they should be doing, dev-wise.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Fairgame$, Concord, Horizon Fortnite and Marathon will really put CoD in it's place.
Marathon has potential to be big just like Destiny, Halo etc And they are working on other titles supposedly.
Concord I have no idea, but could be interesting.
Fairgame…. that looks mid at best lol

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Same.
I complain about Jim and Hermen alot. But Im reserving my judgement for now. I dont play any Gaas atm, but I did enjoy and put alot of time into games like Destiny.

So it kinda depends on the results.

A.) If Naughty has been working on a single player game ontop of Factions 2. Both realease, happy days.
Im actually excited about Factions 2 being Gaas. Id gladly play a TLOUFactions 2 in a Destiny/online/gaas type of game. Naughty Dogs story driven style in an online coop/pvp world… count me in.
So strangely, Gaas title by ND could mean loads of story driven gameplay but its just online, Im down.
Ill wait another year if I get a deep online game where I can build factions, bases, have a team, play PVE/PVP in a active TLOU world... Im repeating myself Lol.

B.) They have been putting all the main teams on Gaas titles and little work has been done on the single player games.
Then this would = bad.

Im just waiting till the end of the year for final judgement. Or release dates. If ND comes out next year and says 2025/2026 release date for there single player game then that would suck. Same with GOT2, Cory’s game and others. But something tells me they are all working on stuff.

People keeping saying Gaas. But lets look at the last 3 years.

PS4:
TLOU2
Dreams
GOT

PS5:
Demons Souls
Spiderman MM
All Stars
Returnal
Ratchet
Horizon 2
God of War R
GT7
TLOU1 Remake

Yes most those were all done before Jim and Hermen and I hate the lack of news by PS these past years. And tbh, there should of been a bit more which is what worries me.
But at least we have:

Announced or coming soon:

-Spiderman 2 ( Single player )
-Wolverine -Newish IP/ Single Player
-Marathon - Gaas
-Death Stranding 2 - Most Likely Single player
-Ronin - New Ip - Single Player
-Concord -Gaas
-Fairgame - Gaas

4/7 games are Single Player games. Insomniac main teams working on Single player games thought

Plus 3rd party indie deals like:
-FF16
-Forspoken
-Stellar Blade
-FF7 Remakes
-Kena
-Stray
-Sifu
-Phantom Blade

Not including KOTOR.

TBH only ND’s Factions 2 team has been working on Gaas officially. And we don’t know how many team members from the main team was on there.

Guerilla main team worked on single player
Santa Monica - Worked on Gow and rumoured Cory Balrog game - Both single players
Sucker Punch - Most probably working on GOT 2 and a multiplayer mode like the first game

Bend - ?? - Sounds like it also has MP
BluePoint - ?? New game, so either a sequel to established series or brand new ip
House Marque - ?? New ip supposedly

Outside of ND and we dont even know the studio information, most the main teams are or have been working on single player games. Only the newly acquired teams Haven, Firewalk, Bungie are releasing Gaas games.
Most the 3rd party exclusives are single player games.
4/7 titles announced since 2021 1st party titles are Single player games. Not including KOTOR lol…

Like I said, Im not saying its all good news. Ive been vocal about Jim and Hermen alot, what they done with Japan Studios and the shows/reveals in the last 4 years etc. Plus lack of 3rd party deals ( Sega/Fromsoft etc )
But Im holding back full judgement till I hear what the main studios teams are working on ( ND, Santa Monica, SuckerPunch, Guerilla, BB etc ) and how far away they are from being released.

Fingers crossed they have alot cooking, used the expanded teams well and release dates will come soon after reveal like TLOU1 Remake.
We’ll soon find out if Jim and Hermen has messed up PS or just having a slower reveal strategy ( which Im not a fan of)

One thing I will agree with is the marketing strategy/news/annoucements have been very poorly done last few years. There should be more information on all 1st party stuff and 3rd party deals.

Im holding back on judging 1st party management, but Im gonna complain about 3rd party right now lol.
There should be more 3rd party exclusives too. PS4, three years in had at news or 3rd party exclusives released like Persona 5, Bloodblorne, Yakuza Zero/6, Dragon Quest, Until Dawn, Hell Blade, Detroit ontop of Japan Studio games like Gravity Rush 2, Last Guardian and the great Knack 2.
3rd party is something I have more complaints about compared to the 1st party. But again, are Sony holding back showing these kinda 3rd party deals or have they lost a great strategy..? We’ll find out soon.

On the good news… Jim said we’re not porting PS5 games until 2-3 years which was a positive surprise. The focus on Japanese Market I will wait on.
How much of the games from the last 3 years were on Jimbo and Hermen?

Things that we know were on them:
Closing Japan Studio
Acquisitions of GaaS studios, PC port studio and mobile studio
Going all in on PC
Shutting down ND multiplayer, shutting down Dreams,
Backing remakes made by Team Bloober and Aspyr.
Allowing Kojima to make a game with MS
Getting cucked by Valve, MLB, Bungie and Xbox.