PlayStation Factions Civil War

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Do we really need this on this site? One bad showcase and a game delay we saw nothing off and all of a sudden it's the end? Seriously, some of you need to calm down.

I get it, GaaS crap and all that but seriously, don't go jumping the gun.

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I stand here with the strongest of evidences for our cause, not a mere number or projections this time, no, something way more tangible and substantial. None other than our fears materialized in it's most grotesque form (Courtesy of our fellow PlayStation supporter nongkris):

Horizon Zero Dawn GaaS
Horizon-Multiplayer.jpg

• Surprised
Reactions: Bryank75

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I stand here with the strongest of evidences for our cause, not a mere number or projections this time, no, something way more tangible. None other than our fears materialized in it's most grotesque form, courtesy of our fellow PlayStation supporter nongkris:

Horizon Zero Dawn GaaS
Horizon-Multiplayer.jpg
Damn this looks like shit.

Guerrilla should stick to FPS instead of trying something different

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Damn this looks like shit.

Guerrilla should stick to FPS instead of trying something different

In my defense I didn't like Horizon but I really liked some aspects of it, the parts just don't come together well enough to create a special game. The GaaS version just looks repulsive, like something spawned directly out of Sea of Thieves.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
More my style:

A must: an annual E3-like Showcase (live-fan service included) - per tradition. Doesn't mind State of Plays as a side-dish.
Anti-Jim Ryan - snake oils salesman without carisma (actually a + cause Phil is a likeable snake thus the bite is worse when unexpected).
Anti-Herman - for sure - another BSing snake oil salesman. Too up his ass every time he speaks.
Anti-Shawn Layden - proudly boasted on a podcast he pushed for this PC shit and that it was his idea. Comes from the camp of anything > $0 is a positive (go where the audience is). Total nutty!
Anti-PC ports - most def.
Not necessarily Anti-GAAS but prefer only at most a 20% fraction of SIE publishing efforts to be directed at the transient fad - not 50% or close to 50% of resource allocation (god forbid anything greater). It's a fad just like the FPS rush of the X360/PS3 era and likewise, it already has a big graveyard of games and studios with more to go.

Not Anti-Bungie in the slightest, but yes anti new Bungie IP's being multiplat - the fuck? You snatch Xbox's crown jewel and don't use it as a weapon except for an income stream to fatten the coffers?
Kaz Harai / Shuhei Yoshida/ Mark Cerny / Andrew House / Jack Tretton Club
Anti-PS5 PRO. PlayStation doesn't need to become like PC in the slightest - it's a bad trend. Hardly justifies itself and prays on the worst aspect of tech consumerism. Only useful to justify a long generation like the X360/PS3 generation, not a short one like the PS4.
Traditionalist - FULL BLOWN.
Likes to keep their games separate from their movies and TV shows - Absolutely.

I'm with you all the way except for one point...

I like having a PS5 Pro, it's exciting to have new hardware that plays games locally and the better it does and the worse things like Q-lite do, the more traditional consoles we will get IMO. I also want a Pro so PC gamers have a little to gloat about in terms of performance as possible.

100% anti - jim, hermen and shawn. They dont even get capitals...

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Not Anti-Bungie in the slightest, but yes anti new Bungie IP's being multiplat - the fuck? You snatch Xbox's crown jewel and don't use it as a weapon except for an income stream to fatten the coffers?
Bungie is not going exclusive while all this ABK shit is happening. At best consider it insurance for Sony if it does happen and MS start pulling shenanigans with ABK titles

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Bungie is not going exclusive while all this ABK shit is happening. At best consider it insurance for Sony if it does happen and MS start pulling shenanigans with ABK titles
Like the shenanigans they already pulled with Bethesda that were answered with a volley of GaaS announcements and a fierce silence?

No CoD anymore? One less GaaS.

terry gilliam film GIF

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Im doomer but not anti bungie

Bungie game are good man destiny 1 + 2

Our guy Sylens Lance Reddick (rip) used to play Destiny alot

• Shake

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Like the shenanigans they already pulled with Bethesda that were answered with a volley of GaaS announcements and a fierce silence?

No CoD anymore? One less GaaS.

terry gilliam film GIF
Well we are years into the Bethesda acquisition and what do Xbox have to show for it?

Best case scenario seems they might get a good exclusive from Bethesda main studio maybe once a gen and maybe a couple Doom games barely cracking a million in sales on Xbox

Are we really concerned about Bethesda?

OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Are we really concerned about Bethesda?
DentalAnyAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif

I prefer my consoles Bethesdaless.

I also prefer them Bungiless as well so I feel like I got the short end of the stick in this exchange.

Still, they conspire to undermine the health of the PlayStation ecosystem, such behavior should not go unanswered.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Doomer with a pinch of salt: PC ports initiative is not the boogeyman this forum makes it out to be.

However, everything else is starting to get a bit worriesome. Sony told me everything I needed to know when they axed Japan studio and the Motorstorm/Driveclub ones. Prior Sony leadership would believe in filling the games catalogue with varied experiences, even if they weren't massive hits either on sales or MC (Fuck this Metacritic obsessed BS, seeing that on Sony's Annual reports makes me want to puke)

And the last Playstation Showcase OMFG... how many GaaS do you need to have under your portfolio? How about letting Bungie work on that, Nixxes and contractors on the legacy PC ports and let every other studio work on single player games?

One of these studios should be working on what Sony lacks these days: a proper WRPG, a Witcher 3 killer. I always thought ND was going to eventually work on that, but their cover shooters still sell well so you cannot blame them. And no... Horizon games are not WRPGs...

Like it or not, the Sony exclusive template is a thing. They need to branch out. Folks are starting to realize, they were unimpressed by Spiderman 2, not because of the graphics but because its more of the same. All these Ubisoftian Action Adventure games with RPG elements are starting to get really long in the tooth.

And on another note: Sony needs more Japan and less California culture wise. The first game they opened the show with a couple of days ago was commie college campus crap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Doomer with a pinch of salt: PC ports initiative is not the boogeyman this forum makes it out to be.

However, everything else is starting to get a bit worriesome. Sony told me everything I needed to know when they axed Japan studio and the Motorstorm/Driveclub ones. Prior Sony leadership would believe in filling the games catalogue with varied experiences, even if they weren't massive hits either on sales or MC (Fuck this Metacritic obsessed BS, seeing that on Sony's Annual reports makes me want to puke)

And the last Playstation Showcase OMFG... how many GaaS do you need to have under your portfolio? How about letting Bungie work on that, Nixxes and contractors on the legacy PC ports and let every other studio work on single player games?

One of these studios should be working on what Sony lacks these days: a proper WRPG, a Witcher 3 killer. I always thought ND was going to eventually work on that, but their cover shooters still sell well so you cannot blame them. And no... Horizon games are not WRPGs.
Every Doomer holds on to a seed of hope that might still bloom. We all just want to believe that greatness awaits.

• brain
OP
OP
Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Doomers lead against all other factions combined.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, can't have people who don't bootlick a corporation and question their approach, just bow down and take it. You might fit in better with the xbox fanbase
I don't bootlick corportations, I only accept and explain facts independently if I like them or not.

Instead of rejecting reality of things I dislike and creating and believing baseless conspiracy theories and stuff proved to be wrong, just for the sake of creating hate to a corporation and their heads because I dislike a small part of what they do, even it it's something they must to do to be able to continue doing the other things I like. Because as a selfish kid I prefer them to destroy their business rather than see them doing games for other type of players that aren't myself in top of the games they do and I like.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think the name of Doomers is wrong, it should be Sony Haters.
Fans can be your harshest critics. I don't feel malice in the posts here in the last few days. I think it comes from a good place. They're worried about the future of the brand.

I can tell right away when it's actual Sony haters or xbots pretending to be a fan.