PlayStation Showcase 2023 [OT]

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Principal Environment Artist @ Naughty Dog

Even the Employees are saying it's bad. Hopefully Sony will take note of the feedback here

Are people really comparing the reveal of last generation consoles 10 years ago to a showcase 2 1/2 years into a new generation where PS5 is already 20M+ ahead in sales and has consistently released quality software since launch?

Everyone sure are in their feels.

Maybe he should worry about having whatever game he’s working on ready then it could of been shown at the showcase. Like how do you make a comment like that when your studio didn’t even have anything there? It seems your part of the problem.

See how that works?

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

Even the Employees are saying it's bad. Hopefully Sony will take note of the feedback here

People don't understand what the situation was in 2013, even people in the industry can have misconceptions.

Reactions: On Demand

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

I guess he's now a "Green Rat" fully there to infiltrate Naughty Dog to cause their downfall since he's not being delusional.

Reactions: Nhomnhom and Puff

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It’s ridiculous. Like WTF seriously?

PlayStation being the market leader has warped peoples brains.
It has warped the people in charge of Playstation brains also it seems. They've lost the plot and lost Touch with their audience.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

It was even more demoralizing than I anticipated and people here say doomers are wrong.

You can feel it, something ain't right and that something is probably Jimbo/Hermen.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel and Puff

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Lmao exactly

His studio just released The Last of Us Part I less than a year ago after releasing the GoTY three years ago (something Insomniac never managed to do).

Instead of getting angry at ND how about just facing really that Jimbo and Hermen fucking suck? Why are you guys so loyal to some random executives? You guy look like just the mirrored reflection of Phil Spencer cultists.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
It was even more demoralizing than I anticipated and people here say doomers are wrong.

You can feel it, something ain't right and that something is probably Jimbo/Hermen.
If MS had offered the same show you would be dancing on Sony's grave right now.

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
1) All those first party games are because of Shu and that's not up for debate. Hermen was given the foundation all he had to do was let the teams do their jobs. Expansion started under Shu as he wanted to even turn Guerilla into a two studio team so they can get games out every 3 years.

2) we are just seeing Hermen's games that he greenlighted again, A Fact!

3) first party sales have been on the decline and this year will be ni different. God of War broke records again... Another Shu foundation that a certain someone inherited, just like Cory's new IP which was greenlighted by Shu.

What we have seen from Hermen is Fairgame, Concord and we certainly didn't see much at all lol.

4) Yes Shu spoke about the dangers of GaaS recently.

5) my 3rd party comment was about the show case and yes without 3rd party they had no conference.

6) hundreds of millions? The profit from their PC sales are abysmal. 250 million last quarter and even missing their target. That money could literally only fund one AAA game. What's gonna happen when they've given PC all their games? And devalued their brand? It ain't worth it.

All they've done is further stretched their first party devs thinner, now ND for example gotta be pushing out PC patches weekly

Hermen has not shown me why I should have faith in him. He's just been coasting off someone's else's foundation until now.
PC revenue isn't 250m for a quarter, its 250m for a whole fiscal year😂 (March 2022- March 2023) That's with 5 ports PLUS revenue from Destiny and before giving Steam their 30% cut, absolutely terrible. Ragnarok alone made triple that in 2 months.

And now countless people realize they no longer need a PS5, so goodbye to any 3rd party sales and microtransactions through psn, and goodbye to any potential ps plus subscriptions; which is where Sony makes a vast majority of their money from.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
PC revenue isn't 250m for a quarter, its 250m for a whole fiscal year😂 (March 2022- March 2023) That's with 5 ports PLUS revenue from Destiny and before giving Steam their 30% cut, absolutely terrible. Ragnarok alone made triple that in 2 months.

And now countless people realize they no longer need a PS5, so goodbye to any 3rd party sales and microtransactions through psn, and goodbye to any potential ps plus subscriptions; which is where Sony makes a vast majority of their money from.
Yup been saying this some don't realize that those short terms money benefits from PC ports are seemless compare to the long run benefits losses.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Lmao exactly

• June 2020: TLOU2 (GOTY awards record, fastest selling PS exclusive ever)
  • January 2022: Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection (PS5)
  • February 2022: Uncharted movie
  • September 2022: TLOUP1 (PS5)
  • October 2022: Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection (PC port)
  • March 2023: TLOU tv show
  • March 2023: TLOUP1 (PC port)
In addition to this they are also working on their biggest project ever (TLOU MP game) and at least one new SP game.

I guess he's now a "Green Rat" fully there to infiltrate Naughty Dog to cause their downfall since he's not being delusional.
It does feel completely tone deaf to make a comment like this when you’re part of the studio people were counting on seein a new game from, that they themselves promised over a year ago now.

Thats like starfield not showing up tomorrow and someone from Bethesda saying, “man, did that showcase suck or what?”
He's only a dev that acknowledges that the reaction was lukewarm, unlike you he doesn't say that the show was bad, that games shown were bad, that they should have shown something else or that Sony is doomed.

When last year they said that were going to show more of the game this year (we're in the half of the year, still have time to show it) didn't know that was going to be delayed just before this event.

Starfield got delayed too, like Tears of the Kingdom, GoWR, HFW or GT7 and countless games more.

This is revenue from old games originally released several years ago. And as such, it's a lot of money. Doesn't make sense to compare them with launch GoWR numbers.

In any case, it should be compared against the current revenue these games make on PS.

PS5 sales are bigger than ever, PS 3rd party revenue is bigger than ever, PS+ revenue is bigger than ever, PS addons (microtransactions etc) revenue is bigger than ever, average revenue per PS user is bigger than ever.

Last edited:

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Listing PC ports, remasters of older games, TV show, and a movie does not help the argument. Sorry.
His studio just released The Last of Us Part I less than a year ago after releasing the GoTY three years ago (something Insomniac never managed to do).

Instead of getting angry at ND how about just facing really that Jimbo and Hermen fucking suck? Why are you guys so loyal to some random executives? You guy look like just the mirrored reflection of Phil Spencer cultists.

I don’t care about either of them. I only care about games. Which the PS5 has plenty of that I’m currently enjoying. With a lot more on the way.

I would actually prefer if Shawn Layden, Adam Boyes, and Shuhei Yoshida was still running SIE.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If MS had offered the same show you would be dancing on Sony's grave right now.
You clearly don't know me if you think I take it easy on MS. Common mistake by people that think criticism towards Sony can only come from Xbox fanboys.

Your hipotetical is completelly absurd, why would I be dancing on Sony's grave if Xbox had announced Fairgame$, Concord and Marathon (multiplataform)?

I hate Bungie and Halo, at least I'm consistent, unlike most of you.

Last edited: