PlayStation Showcase 2023 [OT]

D

Deleted member 417

Pure cope:

Shitty showcase released loads of crappy games and a few bangers, with the intention of doing another showcase after the summer of games crap ends. There could be 3rd party games coming to PS5 that the 3rd parties will only reveal at their showcases.

Purest of copium huffed.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Xbox conundrum:

Philly and company "This is the best year for Xbox x 50"

Xbox fans: "Well what is he supposed to say?"
-----

PS fan: "But but we're better than Xbox fans here on PS"

Careful now... brand alliance doesn't change the human psychological behavior of cheap fanboyism. Stay the fuck out if you can't see it.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
To me all the crossgen games (Miles Morales, Forbidden West, Ragnarok) despite being good were still disappointing.

The option is to become a master waiter and stop supporting Sony. Multi on PC + PS Plus Extra shared with a buddy so Sony sees even less of my money.
Why do you even buy their games if they're so bad? That makes no sense at all.

What we had yesterday was way better than any similar event from Xbox in the last 15 years.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Why do you even buy their games if they're so bad? That makes no sense at all.

What we had yesterday was way better than any similar event from Xbox in the last 15 years.
A game being disappointing doesn't mean it's bad, many of my favorite games are made by Sony, why are you mad? Horizon I just don't like (just couldn't finish the first one, still plan to do it some day), God of War 2018 was better than Ragnarok (even if Ragnarok is still great overall) and Spider-man was better than Miles Morales easily (both good games but still somewhat far from being Sony's best).

I'm the biggest Xbox hater here and even I will admit Xbox already had many better events than this one we got yesterday, come on man, be real, don't set yourself up.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Arminius

19 May 2023
The only thing that could save this dumpster fire of a showcase was that Sony is really holding back and there would be a showcase in September.

I’d also like to say now That Alan Wake II and Alone in the Dark release in October, I doubt Silent Hill 2 Remake will launch in the month either.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The only thing that could save this dumpster fire of a showcase was that Sony is really holding back and there would be a showcase in September.
That's called coping, we also believe they were holding info back the past two years for this showcase that we just had.

Reactions: Arminius

Arminius

19 May 2023
That's called coping, we also believe they were holding info back the past two years for this showcase that we just had.
Yeah, with that said, I agree. I’m starting to think they don’t have anything on the horizon and that Sony and MS rushed into this generation prematurely. This Gen is going to be ass.

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yeah, with that said, I agree. I’m starting to think they don’t have anything on the horizon and that Sony and MS rushed into this generation prematurely. This Gen is going to be ass.
It's probably still going to be good but not as good as it should be. So far it has been alright but quality if very concentrated on a few releases.

Arminius

19 May 2023
Yeah. Every gen, we’re getting less and less AAA games it seems. For instance, I remember we were getting multiple sequels hand over fist in the PS2 era.

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
More than 24 hours later and I'm still kinda irritated, not gonna lie. I realized something kinda annoying.

Imagine, five months ago, someone told you the next PlayStation Showcase was going to reveal the Metal Gear Solid 3 remake, but also have absolutely NO updates on Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Death Stranding 2, Silent Hill 2, and give NO word on the next projects by Sucker Punch, Bluepoint, Bend Studio, London Studio, Housemarque, and Team Asobi.

Would you have believed them? And even if you did, would that have sounded like a showcase worth the 20-month wait?

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
A game being disappointing doesn't mean it's bad, many of my favorite games are made by Sony, why are you mad?
I'm not sure where you are going with the emotions assignments... but I just find that you make no sense. Does that make you mad?