PlayStation Showcase Aftermath - Rate the show

iAMJeffy

29 Oct 2022
7 .

I would have liked to see FF7 remake part 2, Wolverine, Factions and more PS Studios presence.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
6 .5

MGS3, Alan Wake, SpiderMan and that Phantom Zero(?). Everything else was meh. And to think they opened the show with that cringe GaaS.

Not much of a next phase when we haven't seen anything from the PS studios themselves, besides SM. Incredibly disappointing.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Did the PlayStation Showcase deliver to you?

Simple poll. Let it all out.

Just have to quip: a PS5 PRO? What for? :LOL:

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
1. very very boring

helldivers 2 and sword of the sea look cool

could have just been blog posts

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
the only new games sony showed were also coming to PC day 1, even on xbox thanks to bungie. Might just become a pc/nintendo gamer that's how uninterested in these games I was.

I was willing to be open minded with the GAAS direction but they totally lost me

Hermen needs to go.

Jim Ryan too, nothing I saw was interesting from a hardware or game perspective. PS5 is still coasting off of the success of the PS4 leadership, all of the new games that they have greenlit have been PC day 1 trash.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
For me a 7, felt like Sony should have shown more than what they showed us, very excited for Spider-Man 2 and MGS remake and Alan Wake 2 but I feel like Sony could have done more, and what fucking pissed me off is that they are making a portable device but it's not a dedicated handheld, Sony is sitting on a gold mine, yet they make it only streaming, what is the point in that?

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
snoop-dog-snoop-dogg-rage.gif

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Piss poor.

Then it got worse when Jim Ryan came at the end to slap us across the face with a remote play device.

Credit to Insomniac. They never disappoint and continue to release games consistently while the likes of Naughty Dog have nothing for years.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
How do we wait for 2 years for a showcase and the only game Sony show up with themselves is Spiderman 2? Which we saw 2 years ago!

The only other games Sony showed was CG for live service shit

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Red2Radio

Icon Extra
13 Mar 2023
Germany
That was... disappointing. Hyped for MGS3 and Spidey 2. The Plucky Squire, Granblue Fantasy ReLink, Tower of Fantasy (if it's a SP game and not MP) and AC Mirage look like day 1 purchases to me, but the most of the stuff was just meh. The Q-Lite looks absolutely terrible, we really didn't need these long trailers for FFXVI and Street Fighter 6 and where were all the first party games? Were the 4 shooters really all they could show for PSVR2? Man, for all the hype, I'm left feeling a bit empty... I gave it a 4/10. For making us wait almost 2 years for another huge showcase, this was a whole lot of "been there, done that".

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75