21 Jun 2022
First post here!

WealthySmugHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif
we have a product for you, it's called - Twitter :D

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022
GC: I'm curious to know what you'll be working on after this remaster and in particular what impact Ghost Of Tsushima has had on Japanese developers and the fact that it has been a major worldwide success?

TE:
There was this period where publishers kind of… maybe not refused, but weren't interested in dealing with games that dealt with Japanese history or really Japanese settings as a subject. And so for quite a while you didn't really see these types of games come out, because nobody was really wanting to publish them; so developers weren't able to make them.
And then you have Ghost Of Tsushima that comes along and it kind of proves the opposite, that there is a market and that people are interested. It really had a big impact in Japan, for developers, showing them that this was still viable. And also kind of giving them inspiration and courage to think, 'Well hey, maybe we can actually approach this subject matter again and start making games within this broad genre'.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Love it, I just couldn't get enough of that world and the combat and the mood.....

Was really underrated too at launch, then with the directors cut they got it about right.

So, glad we might get more games that reflect Japan and the culture and history.

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
Japan has such a deep culture and so many interesting things to explore.
Will it be "backlash free"? Heck no, people will freak out just like they did with GoT.
Yet it will sell a lot, some of us are tired of the virtue signalling plaguing games in the west.

Heck I'll buy korean booty Devil May Cry, just to piss the "this design is so 2000's" crowd. :cool:

There is enough space for everybody to enjoy what they're into, publishers and Devs need to stop catering to this western nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022
Remember when haters tried saying western game developers shouldn’t make a game based in Japan… seems like its very much appreciated
a lot of devs from Japan praised it, and it was one of the top selling games for Sony 1st party in Japan

American sjws:

EdD8hSPXoAEBpMG.png:large