Podcast discussion/recommendations

OP
OP
BigMclargeHuge

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
To bump this thread a little bit, I've been listening to the jeff gerstmann podcast here and there. I enjoyed the first couple of episodes, but have lost interest in it.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Just like the internet, podcasts were better before they became popular with the mainstream and over corporatized. I stopped listening to them entirely but the last one I enjoyed was the Legion of Skanks. Smodcast was a total blast for the first handful of years when it was just a side project with Smith and his pals shooting the shit in free time with licensed music tracks lacing the show. Once the punk rock pirate radio vibe was gone they were largely dead to me.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
To bump this thread a little bit, I've been listening to the jeff gerstmann podcast here and there. I enjoyed the first couple of episodes, but have lost interest in it.
Much like how Jeff has lost interest in everything.

On a brighter note, if anyone enjoys MST3K and RiffTrax, check out 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back, where Mike Nelson and RiffTrax writer Connor Lastowka read bad books and do a book club podcast for them. Hilarious stuff.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Generation S -

Remember that weird 'S' symbol that we all used to draw on our desks in high school? It was an experience shared by a group of people who all grew up in the 90's and early 2000s. We came after Generation X. We came at the tale end of Generation Y. We are Generation S, and if you have memories of growing up at the turn of the 21st century, this podcast is for you. It's a nostalgic look back, not only at popular books, movies, TV shows and the like, but also experiences that we may not have realized were shared by countless others around the world, like the feeling you had before your first school dance, or how your parents let you have cereal for dinner.

Screenshot_20230311-130948.png Screenshot_20230311-131000.png
Screenshot_20230311-131011.png Screenshot_20230311-131020.png
Screenshot_20230311-131029.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230311-131032.png
    Screenshot_20230311-131032.png
    914 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Tried getting into a few gaming podcasts but I've still to find a decent one. XBox centric ones are just a circlejerk as you;d expect but then the PS one's aren't any better. Kingtrash, saltiest gaming and a plethora of other PS one are just one giant echo chamber.

The Last Stand Media has podcasts that cover both consoles but sometimes goes a bit too far with the fanboy stuff. So I guess it's as good as it gets.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Tried getting into a few gaming podcasts but I've still to find a decent one. XBox centric ones are just a circlejerk as you;d expect but then the PS one's aren't any better. Kingtrash, saltiest gaming and a plethora of other PS one are just one giant echo chamber.

The Last Stand Media has podcasts that cover both consoles but sometimes goes a bit too far with the fanboy stuff. So I guess it's as good as it gets.

Have you watched Reforge Gaming?

Lono is quite insightful and he has a great pace / cadence to his show.

I recommend BRAP and Crossfire Podcast also as more balanced shows...

I try to listen to as many shows as possible during the week.... I sub to sacred symbols too.

I think Jez7780 runs a really fun podcast, he can be hilarious.

I listen to Saltiest too.... as I am a PlayStation first gamer, the tone fits for me 90% of the time.

Reactions: Johnic

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I've never really been a huge fan of podcasts, only one i really could get into was the nosleep podcast.

It's a horror podcast that started by turning horror stories from the nosleep subreddit into audio format.

Highly recommend the first few seasons(s1-s6) atleast if anyone does want to get into horror podcasts.

Later seasons are a hit and miss as they became more quantity over quality.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75