PS Showcase Demonstrated Sony's Efforts to Offer 'Best and Most Varied Catalog of Games', Jim Ryan Claims 🤡🤡

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

Jimmy boy!!! Are you sure???

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Because he's a ruthless Business man who I know will get shit done and he has a track record, I won't write off because one show case. He assigned Hermen to get the content and he has clearly failed.

Get rid of him.
Right now I blame Hermen more than Jimbo, but if things don't improve fast and he doesn't replace Hermen than it's also on him.

Odds are both will be out as soon as all these GaaS start flopping one after the other.

Reactions: Airbus

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
He’s 100 percent right though. They showed jrpgs, fps games, assasins creed, mgs3 remake and ended on spider man 2. They covered their bases and still have a lot to reveal. The PlayStation hate is insane.
People are being stupid and hiperbólic

Reactions: DocRay

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

Jimmy boy!!! Are you sure???
Well, it's a fact that Sony has the biggest and most varied console catalog of both exclusives and multiplatforms.

Do they have the best content? This is subjective. Their top games often get a ton of awards and great reviews, and in recent years sell more than ever. So seems tons of people like them. And there's even more that we know it's coming but will be shown later. Are they the best? Depends on your personal tastes.

Building on top of that, continuing the trend of what they already had from before, the showcase simply highlighted some of the content they'll release in the next couple of years or so, which adds to a lot of other content that they previously announced is coming too. We saw many great games and a lot of variety.

There were a few games that were announced but didn't show gameplay so we can't analize how good are they going to be. We only have the confidence that give us their publisher, Sony, and the pedigree of their gamedevs to make a guess.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
"We believe in generations" and they've had an official cross-gen policy since launch.
Jim Ryan never said that they weren't going to make crossgen games. In fact, in the 'we believe in generations' what he explained was the opposite.

He explained there why they were going to keep supporting PS4 for many years after the PS5 launch.

The 'we believe in generations' bit was part of a sentence where he said that wanted to see the PS5 games taking advantage of the new stuff that the next gen provided (haptic feedback, adaptative triggers, etc):

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/sonys-jim-ryan-its-time-to-give-fans-something-that-can-only-be-enjoyed-on-playstation-5#:~:text="We have always said that,the most of those features.

"We have always said that we believe in generations. We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features."

"We do believe in generations, and whether it's the DualSense controller, whether it's the 3D audio, whether it's the multiple ways that the SSD can be used... we are thinking that it is time to give the PlayStation community something new, something different, that can really only be enjoyed on PS5."

"We haven't heard any pushback from the PlayStation community regarding our PC plans".
He never said that.

Just the other day we were talking about Jim saying PC "2-3 yrs out" in that Japanese interview yet since half of their new games are more or less GAAS day and date on PC the point is moot. It's called finessing, and we already unfortunately got one motherfucker on the other side aka Xbox who has finessed the brand into oblivion - Phil - finesse king - Spencer.
What he really said in the Japanese interview is this:
image.png

Regarding Sony games announced for PC, the only one we know will be released day one on PC is Marathon because we already know Bungie games will continue being released day one on Xbox and PC.

The other Sony games announced for PS5 and PC didn't receive release date for any platform. As a reference, Helldivers 1 was released on PC around half a year after being released in PS3, PS4 and Vita, back in 2015. And all the other Sony games released in PC until now have been released some time -often years- after its original release in PS. And the already released GaaS from PS Studios are only in PS.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
PS5 and PC announced multiplayer games may be day one. More likely than not but I wouldn’t be surprised if they staggered release just a tiny bit to make sure pc versions actually run. I imagine this is up to the developer itself to an extent.

Even with Marathon launching on pc day one… they had help from Activision when d2 got a (later) pc release. I’m sure they’ve become familiar since then but even that is questionable. Bungie is still a console dev.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
That slide about 60% of their investment withing a few years being into 60% hits completely different now after this show. Haven and Firewalk games as well as the lack of new single player games did not inspire any confidence whatsoever.

It's pretty clear that their GaaS efforts are being expanded at the expense of not doing the same for their more traditional games at a time when games are taking longer and longer to make.

This also makes MS's decision to start buying publishers a lot more understandable as Sony's strategy is looking very questionable, sacrificing the great thing that they had going for something that they are extremely unlike to get.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I don't think you or he knows what increase means. I'll help:
Increase

verb
verb: increase; 3rd person present: increases; past tense: increased; past participle: increased; gerund or present participle: increasing
/ɪnˈkriːs/

become or make greater in size, amount, or degree.
"car use is increasing at an alarming rate"

2023 is the worst year for PS Studios releases since 2013. That's a fact

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
A president and ceo is not going to say otherwis. And everything he said is true. Still a 6/10 showcase but no lies detected from Jim’s comment.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't think you or he knows what increase means. I'll help:

2023 is the worst year for PS Studios releases since 2013. That's a fact
It deeply ofends me that you wouldn't even dare compare 2023 to 2013.

This was 2013:
-The Last of Us
-Beyond: Two Souls
-God of War: Ascension
-Gran Turismo 6
-Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
-Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
-Puppeteer
-Killzone: Mercenary
-Soul Sacrifice
-Tearaway
-Killzone: Shadow Fall
-Knack
-Resogun
-Sound Shapes
-The Playroom
-MLB 13: The Show

This is 2023:
-Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (no release date)
-Stellar Blade (no release date)
-Helldivers II (no release date)
-Horizon Call of the Mountain
-MLB: The Show 23 (day one on Gamepass)

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It deeply ofends me that you wouldn't even dare compare 2023 to 2013.

This was 2013:
-The Last of Us
-Beyond: Two Souls
-God of War: Ascension
-Gran Turismo 6
-Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
-Puppeteer
-Killzone: Mercenary
-Soul Sacrifice
-Tearaway
-Killzone: Shadow Fall
-Knack
-Resogun
-Sound Shapes
-The Playroom
-MLB 13: The Show

This is 2023:
-Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (no release date)
-Stellar Blade (no release date)
-Helldivers II (no release date)
-Horizon Call of the Mountain
-MLB: The Show 23 (day one on Gamepass)

I was comparing PS4 AAA releases with this year's PS5 and PS4 AAA releases. Didn't include PS3 games.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
There is no need to give too much air time to conformist doing pro-bono damage control as if dealing with underlings of David Brock, who happens to get hired by Sony to correct the record on the boards. These folks will drown you with nonsense. The essence of the arguments do not change. Their 3 big marquee games Spider-man Miles Morales, Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarok were cross-gen. Sort of like a politician saying he has nothing to do with defense companies in the business of war profiteering donating to his campaign (but he accepted those donations). You don't have to whisper a word for you to know what's expected of you to play the game. Similarly look at Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous Second Son PS3/PS4 transition. Stop being a disingenuous bullshitter, insulting people's intelligence to cap and shield a brand and a bunch of suits that don't give a shit about you. It's way too transparent and you'll only embarrass yourself... more than delegitimizing yourself as a honest commentator - rep already in the gutter.

As for PC... the nonsense being written is not even worth the time. The mind bending bullshit I've read is crazy.

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Jimbo too busy porting games to PC might aswell call this PC game show

Stay tune on PS show for more PC annnouncement

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
There is no need to give too much air time to conformist doing pro-bono damage control as if dealing with underlings of David Brock, who happens to get hired by Sony to correct the record on the boards. These folks will drown you with nonsense. The essence of the arguments do not change. Their 3 big games Spider-man Miles Morales, Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarok were cross-gen. Sort of like a politician saying he has nothing to do with defense companies in the business of war profiteering donating to his campaign (but he accepted them). You don't have to whisper a word for you to know what's expected of you to play the game. Similarly look at Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous Second Son PS3/PS4 transition. Stop being a disingenuous bullshitter, insulting people's intelligence to cap and shield a brand and a bunch of suits that don't give a shit about you. It's way too transparent and you'll only embarrass yourself... more than delegitimizing yourself as a honest commentator.
Did Sony really hire david brock? Ugh