PS5 topping the Best Sellers lists on Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon and GameStop, meanwhile Xbox sales are imploding

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Xbox series x discounted in the uk is actually quite common. Happened quite a few times.

Feel free to check one of the biggest UK deals website. Here is an example

1. That's a 5 month old "deal"
2. That's dated around black friday where its pretty common.
3. It says £429.99, which is equivalent to $523, higher than the consoles retail price of $499. Now, granted it's less than the UK's launch price, but by 20 queenaroos. Which is not nothing, but pretty negligible.

None of the above changes that someone tried to pass off a 2nd hand unit as a new sale being discounted 😬

I'm the last person to tell anyone not to go for a good deal, but come on, this recent exchange and last couple of posts are nothing but the typical icon-era FUD at prominent display perpetuated by the usual numbskulls, you don't have to extend it on their behalf. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
1. That's a 5 month old "deal"
2. That's dated around black friday where its pretty common.
3. It says £429.99, which is equivalent to $523, higher than the consoles retail price of $499. Now, granted it's less than the UK's launch price, but by 20 queenaroos. Which is not nothing, but pretty negligible.

None of the above changes that someone tried to pass off a 2nd hand unit as a new sale being discounted 😬

I'm the last person to tell anyone not to go for a good deal, but come on, this recent exchange and last couple of posts are nothing but the typical icon-era FUD at prominent display perpetuated by the usual numbskulls, you don't have to extend it on their behalf. 🤷‍♂️
1. Irrelevant, point is it was discounted
2. No it isn't, not for a console 2 years into it lifecycle, especially when the retailers is not discounting the price off the RRP of the competitors console
3. Silly comparison with UK and US pricing. you don't compare the discount with another countries pricing with diffrent tax rate and currency value, what kind of idiocy is this? Regardless of how the small the discount it shouldn't be discounted this early see point 2.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Retail price in the US: $499 + sales tax
Retail price in the UK: $523 including 20% VAT, meaning $435 without VAT

Keep sending postcards, rainman.

D

Deleted member 417

Microsoft dropped the price of OG Xbox from £399 to £299 within a very short time because they weren't moving units.

I bought one launch day and after the price drop Microsoft gave me a choice of 2 pads and a game or 2 games and a pad.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Retail price in the US: $499 + sales tax
Retail price in the UK: $523 including 20% VAT, meaning $435 without VAT

Keep sending postcards, rainman.

sales tax ? who the fuck adds sales tax when talking just about the retail price :ROFLMAO:

funny-i-like-you-but-youre-crazy.gif

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Because in the UK sales tax is added to everything you buy so that's the price.
In the US everything is also taxed its just not on the label.

Gotcha, so I'm gonna use similar kind of terminology used in this topic and try to pass off this refurbished model as a new, freaking fire sale 😬

ZnI0qmN.png

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Gotcha, so I'm gonna use similar kind of terminology used in this topic and try to pass off this refurbished model as a new, freaking fire sale 😬

ZnI0qmN.png
If its with what ever logic you are thinking it maybe then yes that "technically" a sale "item" but at the same time that is still in USD so you would have to pay tax on it also

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
If its with what ever logic you are thinking it maybe then yes that "technically" a sale "item" but at the same time that is still in USD so you would have to pay tax on it also

Oh I agree, sales tax will obviously be there. The picture is just to highlight what another user did earlier by trying to pass off a used item as a new one and claim that new consoles are being sold at a discount.

Which was obviously wrong, but the other posters just ran with it.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Let's say for a minute that their studios were to ship something notable (beyond the Youtubers fake hype machine)... and they were to do it a couple of times. I think the sales could pick up.

I still think the PS5 will outsell the xbox quite significantly, but it's always possible to turn things around to some degree.

If things keep going that way tho, there is no amount of ABK games that will save their console business, the sales did fall A LOT lately and believing in the redemption arc is harder with every passing month. At some point you turn into a TG-16, Dreamcast or even the Sega Master System, your console is just the one that the kid who's parents saw the xbox on discount and they decided that the xbox would be good enough.
Starfield wont save xbox, hellblade 2 wont save xbox, if halo have failed to capture a decent audience, things arent going to be pretty in the future, meanwhile Sony have a lot of real behemots on their sleve, the only thing that is giving xbox life support its the money from other divisions ms its inyecting, and they are doing this for money not to win any Hearts, and all things have a limit

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Because in the UK sales tax is added to everything you buy so that's the price.
In the US everything is also taxed its just not on the label.
Canada, too.

And, depending on how stupid the people of your province are, you could be hit for as much as 15% on top of the price.

Added to our worthless currency, it makes life in this godforsaken banana republic of the north even more miserable than it would otherwise be.

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 417

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Xbox series x discounted in the uk is actually quite common. Happened quite a few times.

Feel free to check one of the biggest UK deals website. Here is an example

Oh I agree, sales tax will obviously be there. The picture is just to highlight what another user did earlier by trying to pass off a used item as a new one and claim that new consoles are being sold at a discount.

Which was obviously wrong, but the other posters just ran with it.
That one?
If so that's in GBP so all tax is include in the total price listed.
You need to remember when quoting a price of something in the UK and then converting it USD-GBP the UK costs more then the US to buy pretty much anything.
So yes you can take that GBP price and convert it to USD but that just does not work unless the GBP price was the same as USD.

What is the Xbox Series X price? The official Xbox Series X price is $499 in the US and £449 in the UK.
USA - There are two PS5 price points in the United States: the PS5 Digital Edition costs $399.99, while the PS5 costs $499.99. UK - Prices will vary quite drastically so keep in mind that the RRP for the PS5 is now £479.99 for the disc model and £389.99 for the all-digital edition.
PS5 Console price difference with conversion
479.99 Pound sterling equals - 584.51 USD
499.99 USD equals - 410.59 Pound sterling

Average Yearly income as per country:

National average income: The national average U.S. income in 2021 was $97,962.

Average Pay UK by Country.
UK CountryAverage Salary
England£26,192
Scotland£26,139
Wales£23,996

So we take the incomes and convert:
$97,962 United States Dollar equals - £80,445.08 Pound sterling
£26,192 Pound sterling equals - $31,895.31 United States Dollar

So not only do the UK pay more for everything they also have a lower income. (tax's included)

I don't know why i went on this rant but taking prices from other countries and trying to compare is dumb.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That one?
If so that's in GBP so all tax is include in the total price listed.
You need to remember when quoting a price of something in the UK and then converting it USD-GBP the UK costs more then the US to buy pretty much anything.
So yes you can take that GBP price and convert it to USD but that just does not work unless the GBP price was the same as USD.

PS5 Console price difference with conversion
479.99 Pound sterling equals - 584.51 USD
499.99 USD equals - 410.59 Pound sterling

Average Yearly income as per country:

National average income: The national average U.S. income in 2021 was $97,962.

Average Pay UK by Country.
UK CountryAverage Salary
England£26,192
Scotland£26,139
Wales£23,996

So we take the incomes and convert:
$97,962 United States Dollar equals - £80,445.08 Pound sterling
£26,192 Pound sterling equals - $31,895.31 United States Dollar

So not only do the UK pay more for everything they also have a lower income. (tax's included)

I don't know why i went on this rant but taking prices from other countries and trying to compare is dumb.
Btw please use median income instead, average income is inflated by rich fuck billionaires stealing the productivity of all their underlings.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Btw please use median income instead, average income is inflated by rich fuck billionaires stealing the productivity of all their underlings.
Oh i know i was just posting the fastest details i could get for the post i know they are lower in general but it was just to prove price costs and conversions dont really compare (y)

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Microsoft dropped the price of OG Xbox from £399 to £299 within a very short time because they weren't moving units.

I bought one launch day and after the price drop Microsoft gave me a choice of 2 pads and a game or 2 games and a pad.
I almost took the bait, but the choice of games wasn't interesting... And I had a PS4 since launch day!

Reactions: Deleted member 417