PS5 vs. Xbox Series X vs. Nintendo Switch: Console DRM, Physical Games, Offline Play, Which Is Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
In terms of DRM Sony handle the best but it is still too much I guess.

Xbox is the worst in all DRM terms.
Without internet you can't even turn on an Xbox first time (any of them).
I thought it was due the already implemented DRM in Xbox One so you have to do that to install the day one patch to get rip off from DRM but Series S and Series X are exactly like Xbox One before the "marketing" 180 DRM.

OP
OP
ParaSeoul

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
PS5 is best for those who want the best games

Switch is best for who prefer handheld experience

XboxSX is for the cheap ass and poor who pay 1$ for gamepass
200.gif

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well that's a given. Are you claiming the games from Nintendo are better than the selection for the PC?
IMO Switch is a better handheld than Deck.
It fits better on hand, is easier to have one where you go… the controller are easy to use.
Has Nintendo games that fits and are amazing to play in a mobile way.

I love FPS and others types of games but they are made to be played when you are not moving.

Deck has a better hardware but between the two has a clear winner and it is not even a close battle.

And you can see that in actual sales of the devices… while Desk sales are not bad they are not a home-run while Switch you know nobody can stop this strike.

• brain
Reactions: PropellerEar

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Obviously out of these, only ps5 and switch are capable of fully off-line gaming with physical games. ps5 even more so as switch often requires downloads.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
D

Deleted member 13

Ease of use, weight and why not games selection too.
Ease of use? How so? I have both and they are both extremely easy to use.
Weight? Switch.
Game selection? Not even close. I could literally play BoTW on my Steam deck with an emulator. Every other game that is released for both the SteamDeck has better options (graphically)

• they're_right_you_know
D

Deleted member 13

IMO Switch is a better handheld than Deck.
It fits better on hand, is easier to have one where you go… the controller are easy to use.
But so is the Steam Deck. The thing I hate about the Switch is the flimsy controls. They don't feel like they were made with good materials.

Has Nintendo games that fits and are amazing to play in a mobile way.
But amount of games is by far larger on the Steam deck.

I love FPS and others types of games but they are made to be played when you are not moving.
Agree here.

And you can see that in actual sales of the devices… while Desk sales are not bad they are not a home-run while Switch you know nobody can stop this strike.
Not concerned with sales. I'm concerned with what's the better hardware and what gives me the most options for games. There are just way too many games on the Deck than Switch. Even can play old games as well.

• thisistheway

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ease of use? How so? I have both and they are both extremely easy to use.
Weight? Switch.
Game selection? Not even close. I could literally play BoTW on my Steam deck with an emulator. Every other game that is released for both the SteamDeck has better options (graphically)
You are putting emulator in the question that should not be.
The normal way to play BoTW and all Nintendo games is on Switch... unless you buy the game to play in a a emulator that makes no sense.

Emulation should not be part of any comparison between devices.

But so is the Steam Deck. The thing I hate about the Switch is the flimsy controls. They don't feel like they were made with good materials.

But amount of games is by far larger on the Steam deck.

Agree here.

Not concerned with sales. I'm concerned with what's the better hardware and what gives me the most options for games. There are just way too many games on the Deck than Switch. Even can play old games as well.
I agree with you about Desk having better hardware and more games.
But I disagree with everything else.
Switch is easier to play moving and there are tons of games that doesn't exists in Deck... these games are more important to me that what Desk has that can be played in others platforms.

And just to add I'm a PlayStation fanboy not Nintendo one but I understand they do things that nobody do and I like it.

D

Deleted member 13

You are putting emulator in the question that should not be.
The normal way to play BoTW and all Nintendo games is on Switch... unless you buy the game to play in a a emulator that makes no sense.
I'm proposing emulator because I'm emphasizing number of games and even exclusives aren't sheltered from the Steam Deck. Basically how can you sell me on a Switch if I'm seeing both of them side-by-side at a store for example?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm proposing emulator because I'm emphasizing number of games and even exclusives aren't sheltered from the Steam Deck. Basically how can you sell me on a Switch if I'm seeing both of them side-by-side at a store for example?
I mean if you see both in a store you will buy the Switch... that is what happen in 90% of cases.
You get both on hands, see the games and it is a easy decision for 90% of gamers.

I'm just against the emulation comparison because it create a gray argument... or you are pirating or you are buying Switch games to play via emulation that makes no sense to me (and I'm not sure if anybody do that.. if anybody do that I can only share my admiration him for doing the right thing).

Reactions: PropellerEar

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Switch has the most stupid DRM ever. The console is portable and doesn't have SIM. Why the hell you need to connect online to play your downloded games?
I have to turn on my phone hotspot for the kid to play.

• fire
D

Deleted member 13

I mean if you see both in a store you will buy the Switch... that is what happen in 90% of cases.
You get both on hands, see the games and it is a easy decision for 90% of gamers.
Ok. But Nintendo is popular. We all know the general masses don't know about the Steam deck.
But I find it hard to believe that you think the small number of Switch games like Zelda is enough to forgo every other single game in history. I just don't buy it.

I'm just against the emulation comparison because it create a gray argument... or you are pirating or you are buying Switch games to play via emulation that makes no sense to me (and I'm not sure if anybody do that.. if anybody do that I can only share my admiration him for doing the right thing).
Understood there but I'm only talking about if I was more concerned about games and the selection on what I can play for a mobile unit. I'm going to go with the Steam Deck because I know I can get all the PC games (which includes all the Xbox games, PC stuff, and some PS games) as well as the ability to get the games that matter for Nintendo like Zelda. All the other games that are multiplats on Switch get trumped by the Deck.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ok. But Nintendo is popular. We all know the general masses don't know about the Steam deck.
But I find it hard to believe that you think the small number of Switch games like Zelda is enough to forgo every other single game in history. I just don't buy it.

Understood there but I'm only talking about if I was more concerned about games and the selection on what I can play for a mobile unit. I'm going to go with the Steam Deck because I know I can get all the PC games (which includes all the Xbox games, PC stuff, and some PS games) as well as the ability to get the games that matter for Nintendo like Zelda. All the other games that are multiplats on Switch get trumped by the Deck.
Small number? There dozen of games only launched on Switch.
To be fair I was even thinking in get one because a lot of JRPGs are there and in nowher else.

With all respect I think you don't understand that most gamers don't play museum games... we want new games... that will launch now and in the future... people buy consoles for BotW 2 and not to play some old game.... that is why you don't buy it.

There is a reason why Switch is a mass success and it lies in the format, easy to use and games that can't be found anywhere else.
Steam Deck doesn't have that.

But of course I understand if you are into PC gaming then you are good with Steam Deck.... it is indeed the market it aim.
But PC gaming market is well weird to be fair... they have another mentality and buying habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.