Raf Grassetti (Former GOW 2018 & GOWR Art Director) Joined Netflix To Develop A New AAA IP With Joseph Staten.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wouldn't bet on it. They all worked on some popular games and some other controversial ones, not sure to which point their job influenced on these titles. I'd wait to see the games, being Netflix probably it's only an interactive movie.

Previous games of Raf Grassetti: Mass Effect 3, Killzone Shadowfall, CounterSpy, The Order:1886 and GoW 2018

Previous games of Joseph Staten:

Previous games of Jerry Edsall: Warhammer 4, Warhammer 40000, Shadowrun, Gears 4, Gears 5:

Previous games of Chacko Sonny: https://www.mobygames.com/person/2344/chacko-sonny/

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Previous games of Raf Grassetti: Mass Effect 3, Killzone Shadowfall, CounterSpy, The Order:1886 and GoW 2018

Previous games of Joseph Staten:

Previous games of Jerry Edsall: Warhammer 4, Warhammer 40000, Shadowrun, Gears 4, Gears 5:

Previous games of Chacko Sonny: https://www.mobygames.com/person/2344/chacko-sonny/
The overall team assembled seems to be talented. Would have been cool if they started a studio not tied to Netflix. With that said however on Twitter someone said that some of the Netflix games might be multiplatform as that's what they saw in someone's linked profile so idk.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The overall team assembled seems to be talented. Would have been cool if they started a studio not tied to Netflix. With that said however on Twitter someone said that some of the Netflix games might be multiplatform as that's what they saw in someone's linked profile so idk.
Well, an interactive movie can be released in consoles and PC too. But let's say a AAA hack & slash or a FPS being released on Netflix to be played in my tv or phone... I wouldn't bet on it.

Who knows, maybe they release a traditional AAA game on consoles and PC not playable in a tv app.

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
You know, thinking about it, I should've known Raf would do something like this after making his NFTs.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
This is adding to the overall gaming market, so it's good for competition.

Now watch Microshit try and buy them
Amazon? Lol. Anyways, pointless to speculate, it won't bear fruit for years, if ever.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Netflix has surprisingly good quality control with their games so far, so I'm not writing this off at all. Wish them all the Best. The more competition & publishers the better.

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Sounds like he got tired of working on rehashes. Can’t blame it, I’d want freedom too.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Hopefully he doesn’t suffer the same fate as Shannon S.

I bet MS tried to poach him and he said heell naaaw

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
AAA IP and Netflix? Ummm...

Do they plan on releasing on consoles then?

The biggest fad from all of these upstarts in the idea that somehow they'll strike it rich by tapping on some unknown base of consumers that's out there waiting to be fed games.

Fact is, Valve got them on lock on PC.

PlayStation and Xbox got about 180m-200m on lock for the console premium market... 130-150m and 30-50m respectively.

While Nintendo got the casuals with a handheld hybrid - 120m or so.

Total on consoles about 300m give or take. PC another 100m with varied consumption patterns - some consume like console consumers - premium games, others do not.

Apple and Google share the mobile pie.

Dog eats dog - zero sum game. To be successful, the upstarts have to eat market share from any of those. Ain't happening just like that.

Those pushing for the cloud want a big piece of the PlayStation market share, Nintendo market share + some of Apple side of things. So far, ain't happening.

Should be no surprise that the push beyond the established giants concerns the cloud and VR. Which is why Valve and Sony have a leg in both pots - just in case.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters